According to Artest, Trade to Lakers was VERY Close
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject:

Savory Griddles wrote:
Hmm. Baron Davis had his bags packed, Artest bought an apartment here, Boozer and Bender were both done deals that fell through at the last minute.

Anyone see a pattern here? Whether or not the trades would have been good or not is not the issue. It's crystal clear that Mitch doesn't have the ability to close deals.

Jim Buss was the biggest advocate against trading Bynum. According to am570 that Bynum trade should have been a done deal. I would have done it . PJ would have done it. Indy would have done it. Everyone except Jim Buss was on board as far as I know. Mitch Kupchak is a puppet the Buss's are his puppet master.

The Lakers should have gotten artest for Drew, George and the pick I believe was the projected trade.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
RJBaca wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Uhhhhhh......He got traded to Sacramento. He's not coming to LA. Indiana has been surging with the addition of Peja. Sacramento has remained the same mediorcre club. Time to get over Artest....

Both Sac and Indiana are 6 of thier last 8 games.

The teams Indiana has beaten are MUCH more impressive. Sac has only been beating losing teams.

I'll give you the W against Detroit, but the other wins are not too impressive.
dadamookie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:

Lakers did the right thing by holding on to LO and Bynum. Its too early to trade either of them because their stock isn't going to go down dramatically between now and the off season.

You never know, we might be able to get Artest for nothing when he's a free agent. If we could add Artest to what we have now, we'll be in top half of the Western Conference
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:
Hmm. Baron Davis had his bags packed, Artest bought an apartment here, Boozer and Bender were both done deals that fell through at the last minute.

Anyone see a pattern here? Whether or not the trades would have been good or not is not the issue. It's crystal clear that Mitch doesn't have the ability to close deals.

Jim Buss was the biggest advocate against trading Bynum. According to am570 that Bynum trade should have been a done deal. I would have done it . PJ would have done it. Indy would have done it. Everyone except Jim Buss was on board as far as I know. Mitch Kupchak is a puppet the Buss's are his puppet master.

The Lakers should have gotten artest for Drew, George and the pick I believe was the projected trade.

If this rumor is even true, I find it interesting that Lamar needs to have Bynum handcuffed to him for the Pacers to even consider trading away their problem child.

True, it says something about Bynum's potential.

But it says alot more about Lamar Odom's value on the market.
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject:

And 1 wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:

If this rumor is even true, I find it interesting that Lamar needs to have Bynum handcuffed to him for the Pacers to even consider trading away their problem child.

The Pacers found themselves in a seller's market. That is to say, there was nothing for them to lose by sitting back and waiting for teams to start upping the ante, ie the Lakers adding Bynum to the trade. Ultimately, they found Peja a better fit for their team and a preferable contract.

Would you trade Odom for Peja?
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject:

thedude1977 wrote:
And 1 wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:

The Pacers found themselves in a seller's market. That is to say, there was nothing for them to lose by sitting back and waiting for teams to start upping the ante, ie the Lakers adding Bynum to the trade. Ultimately, they found Peja a better fit for their team and a preferable contract.

I have a different POV.

I believe that, with his history, Artest effectively put the Pacers in a Buyer's market. No one was rushing to acquire this guy with solid offers. The Pacers were receiving BS offers for Artest because teams knew that they (Pacers) would have to deal him to avoid ruining their season. Think about it. A Ron Artest who keeps his mouth shut and plays the way he's played over the past couple of seasons is worth far more than just Peja.

So what did the Pacers do? They waited to get the best of the bad offers.

Again, this goes back to the tendency of fans to overrate the players on teams they root for.

While many on this board believe that Odom should be dealt for a non-problematic All Star and future HOF'er, they ignore the fact that Odom himself is not an AS and probably never will be one. They (and perhaps Laker management as well) further chooses to realize what Odom's true value may really be.

The first sign came around time last season when it was rumored that Sac inquired about a Peja/Odom deal.

Then came the rumored Artest deal this season. If you believe the reports, the Lakers tried (as most other teams) to low ball the Pacers. The Lakers wanted Artest so they up'ed the ante to include Odom. This wasn't good enough as the Pacers asked for Andrew Bynum - an unproven rookie! Not only did they ask for Bynum, but it's clear that they held firm for him - not LO.

Then came the Knick/Laker rumor where the Knicks allegedly had interest in Odom. For a player that Larry Brown covets, the Knick organization was only willing to part with Jamaal Crawford and Nate Robinson? When the Lakers asked for them to throw in Channing Frye, Issiah Thomas (whose known to make bad deals) walked away and said No thanks.

Who knows whether or not any of these rumors had any merit to them. But just look at the players being mentioned to get Odom: Peja, Crawford, Nate Robinson, etc. These aren't the "pick of the litter."

And when the Lakers look to acquire someone of prominence or potential (i.e. Artest or Frye), Odom straight-up can't get it done.

The signs are there. The question is whether or not you (or the Lakers) wish to acknowlege them.

As for an Odom/Peja deal, I'd probably pass on that one as well because: A) of his age; B) I don't think he's as good, overall, as Odom; and, C) the Lakers would need more help in other areas just to maximize Peja's potential.
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject:

thedude1977 wrote:
And 1 wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:
Savory Griddles wrote:

I have a different POV.

I believe that, with his history, Artest effectively put the Pacers in a Buyer's market. No one was rushing to acquire this guy with solid offers. The Pacers were receiving BS offers for Artest because teams knew that they (Pacers) would have to deal him to avoid ruining their season. Think about it. A Ron Artest who keeps his mouth shut and plays the way he's played over the past couple of seasons is worth far more than just Peja.

So what did the Pacers do? They waited to get the best of the bad offers.

Again, this goes back to the tendency of fans to overrate the players on teams they root for.

While many on this board believe that Odom should be dealt for a non-problematic All Star and future HOF'er, they ignore the fact that Odom himself is not an AS and probably never will be one. They (and perhaps Laker management as well) further chooses to realize what Odom's true value may really be.

The first sign came around time last season when it was rumored that Sac inquired about a Peja/Odom deal.

Then came the rumored Artest deal this season. If you believe the reports, the Lakers tried (as most other teams) to low ball the Pacers. The Lakers wanted Artest so they up'ed the ante to include Odom. This wasn't good enough as the Pacers asked for Andrew Bynum - an unproven rookie! Not only did they ask for Bynum, but it's clear that they held firm for him - not LO.

Then came the Knick/Laker rumor where the Knicks allegedly had interest in Odom. For a player that Larry Brown covets, the Knick organization was only willing to part with Jamaal Crawford and Nate Robinson? When the Lakers asked for them to throw in Channing Frye, Issiah Thomas (whose known to make bad deals) walked away and said No thanks.

Who knows whether or not any of these rumors had any merit to them. But just look at the players being mentioned to get Odom: Peja, Crawford, Nate Robinson, etc. These aren't the "pick of the litter."

And when the Lakers look to acquire someone of prominence or potential (i.e. Artest or Frye), Odom straight-up can't get it done.

The signs are there. The question is whether or not you (or the Lakers) wish to acknowlege them.

As for an Odom/Peja deal, I'd probably pass on that one as well because: A) of his age; B) I don't think he's as good, overall, as Odom; and, C) the Lakers would need more help in other areas just to maximize Peja's potential.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

threetimechamps wrote:
LO + Bynum is too high for artest

R U serious ????????
Showtime_Returns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Lakers passing on Ron Artest only for him to go to a division rival who end up knocking us out of the 8th seed would be the definition of irony.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: