WHO'S NEXT? (formerly: "Update from our Insiders????")

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: WHO'S NEXT? (formerly: "Update from our Insiders????")

Come on there is 2 hours left give us something gosh...
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject:

ya its really quite for being 2 hours away
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject:

If they came and said something NOW, then they'll be exposed for what they are since with only 2 hours left, there would need to be more concrete information and not the usual "something will happen."

Compare this to 10 hours later, when they could get away with saying almost anything, since they could say "the deal fell through" if nothing takes place.

-Pg. 275 from How To Be Insiders for Dummies-
LAL25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

Sigh...you guys are going to have to learn the hard way...
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

No one is telling them to announce a trade we just wan't some scoop i thought they would give us something before the deadline but it show's how much weakness our insiders have...
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
If they came and said something NOW, then they'll be exposed for what they are since with only 2 hours left, there would need to be more concrete information and not the usual "something will happen."

Compare this to 10 hours later, when they could get away with saying almost anything, since they could say "the deal fell through" if nothing takes place.

what a pathetic attitude.

I was told by a team official two days ago that a significant deal was likley. This morning he said it wasn't looking good. This is the reason I rarely post what I learn - too many jerks with attitude.

We all want our team to get better. But the fact is, it is hard to trade garbage for anything other than garbage. Don't shoot the messengers.
Seegrams
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

thx msb for posting - not looking good,why get hopes up ?
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
shnjb wrote:

I was told by a team official two days ago that a significant deal was likley. This morning he said it wasn't looking good. This is the reason I rarely post what I learn - too many jerks with attitude.

We all want our team to get better. But the fact is, it is hard to trade garbage for anything other than garbage. Don't shoot the messengers.

Sure, Mr. Insider man.

Perhaps in the offseason, you will be right.

Then you can start your own rock band, cult or maybe even a religion.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

The fact is msb, the Lakers also were rumored to be trading that garbage for overpaid starting calibar players.

Basically guys that are solid players but getting paid the max.

I mean do you honestly expect them to just do those sort of deals?

If you deal last year garbage - expect to get an injured player or a really overpaid player.

The Lakers just seem to never want to take a risk with those sort of players (Baron, Martin etc)

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:

Lmao, what a good way to bring up a reason to make yourself not look bad "NOT"... i knew somehow the insiders were gonna make a excuse.
Theoretic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

i am telling you i would be realy happy if we did the boozer deal and got crawford alos without giving up odom.

i saw boozer play last night and i think he can reagin his form and he was better and more consistent than mihm. furthermore although crawford is flawed he has the skills if coached peoperly to be the pg in the triangle. keeps us young. keeps the core together for years and this team can sign a couple of mle down the road to compete. def gets us the 6th seed this year which means prob 2nd round and maybe even farther if we can get by the suns
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

Let the Excuses pile in watch the other insiders come up with a reason why a trade did not happen.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:

Exactly what was expected. For the record, I have never said here that that would be a deal. I chose not to post what I was told for this very reason. Doubt me all you like. I'm sitting on the court tonight, you're watching on a 21 inch crt.
mulisha
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
Exactly what was expected. For the record, I have never said here that that would be a deal. I chose not to post what I was told for this very reason. Doubt me all you like. I'm sitting on the court tonight, you're watching on a 21 inch crt.

Well since it seems that the significant deal won't happen, could you tell us who it was for? Also, you really think we'll just let 9 million come off the books for nothing?
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Lmao, what a good way to bring up a reason to make yourself not look bad "NOT"... i knew somehow the insiders were gonna make a excuse.

Funny how you started this thread making demands for info, then called out the insiders, and then when someone posted something you bashed it. If you want to make yourself feel better by smack talking the people who try to give information they have, just write little love notes to yourself and stop clogging the board with idiot threads that serve no purpose.

The insider information is great, but I take it all with a grain of salt and I don't really believe anything until it actually happens. The difference is, I don't feel the need to bash the guys. I don't understand why anyone would. If they're wrong, they're wrong. If you don't trust them, then don't believe what they have to say. I fail to see what's so difficult about that.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm sitting on the court tonight, you're watching on a 21 inch crt

What does that have to do with anything? Weak thing to say, man.

But I agree with you.

This isn't anyone's fault. I mean there's still sometime. A lot of deals get announced at the dot.

However the deals that I heard - were either along the lines of pipe - or they were really big risks financially on the Laker end.

Noone's fault here guys.

Chill ....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CanUsayLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:

he's got a point about attitudes. Most of the piss poor attitudes come out and flame people who try to share what little info they may have heard.

It's no wonder no one wants to share anything here. They get stoned for it.

The bottom line is that a lot of people need to remember that we are all Lakers fans here and we should treat each other with respect instead of bombin' on a guy for sharing his insight.

Since none of us are Lakers Management, we should all be looking through the blue colored lense known as "this is all freakin' speculation so lay off all the bad attitudes and GROW THE F up!"

That is my rant for now. Thank you.

**** No animals were harmed in the making of this post ****
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:

Keep talking like that and you might not enjoy the game very much. Watch your back.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

Any other insiders have any excuses on why the Lakers did not make a trade we all wanna hear it.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
I'm sitting on the court tonight, you're watching on a 21 inch crt

What does that have to do with anything? Weak thing to say, man.
But I agree with you.

This isn't anyone's fault. I mean there's still sometime. A lot of deals get announced at the dot.

However the deals that I heard - were either along the lines of pipe - or they were really big risks financially on the Laker end.

Noone's fault here guys.

Chill ....

Sorry if I offended someone - but when someone calls me out, calls me a liar, and trashes me, when all I was trying to do was share what little information I had, I respond.

As I have said elsewhere, I will never share anything I learn again. It's just not worth it.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:

YOU WANT TO ASK SOMEONE WHAT HAPPENED... FEEL FREE TO.

YOU WANT TO BADGER, HARASS, ACT LIKE A JACKASS... SAY GOODBYE.

(DaggerInTheHeart, see you in 3 days)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: