Poll: Have the Lakers' improved since July 2004?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have the Lakers' improved since Jully 2004?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
About even
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Poll: Have the Lakers' improved since July 2004?

Just wondering if anyone here thinks the Lakers have become a better overall team since July 2004 when they traded Shaq. 34 wins last season, barely 8th seed this year with little to no major injuries (last year we were 6th seed before the injury to Kobe). Parker instead of Aktins (good), Kwame instead of Butler (good for D, horrible for O, so a bad move so far), and basically everything else is the same except that now Kobe is playing out of his mind.

All things considered, will the Lakers have improved at all through 2 years of rebuilding?
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Nope not at all.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:

I voted yes, but I actually change my mind since last season was a complete disaster.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Please explain why if you can. I'm honestly trying to come up with reasons for how the Lakers have improved since this date, but it looks like they will have accomplished nothing but the hiring of Phil Jackson since July 2004.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Given the strength of schedules for the first half of this season versus the first half of last season, I'd say that this team has improved considerably. While the defense still isn't great, it's a lot better than it was a year ago. Now, if you ask whether or not they've improved enough, the answer is a definite no, with most of the blame falling on Odom, who still struggles with his role.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers were in their fourth Championship series after only five years. Last year the Lakers were in the Lottery. This year the Lakers are fighting to stay out of the Lottery, again.

Is there really a need for a poll? The answer is as obvious as snow is white.
Showtime_Returns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:

You know the saying take one step back to take steps forward?

Well the Shaq trade took as one GIANT leap back. Last offseason we took 2 steps back. Now with the trade deadline we pretty much have our backs up against a wall.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:

This year we've gotten better by bringing back Phil, and by having a slightly more balanced roster. Kobe is also playing not only much better than last year, but some of his best ball ever.

Otherwise, I don't see any real improvement, both on and off the court. On the court, they still have many of the same problems as they had in the fall of 2004 - constantly blowing leads, losing more close games than they should, lack of intelligent play at both ends, lack of composure, etc. I know a young team like this will blow some leads and lose some close games, but these guys the last 1.5 years don't seem to learn from their mistakes. They'll just run up a bigger lead in the next game - and blow that one as well.

Off the court, I don't think Mitch is as bad as some think, but the Kwame trade was horrible in terms of what we gave up for him, and I'm starting to wonder why Mitch can't close out all these rumored deals. The Lakers have just been treading water since July 2004, and I don't know if they know how to swim.
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Kobe has improved, and Kobe is the Lakers - therefore the Lakers have improved.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:

We are definitly a more balanced team with PJ at the helm, and with Parker over Atkins, and Browns D over Butlers O.

Keep in my mind, we are still learning the Tri. We are tho playing better D by far.

Last year we were to heavy at the 3 postion. Yeah Butler is a good player, but having him here is like having Francs, Marbury, and Crawford on the same team. That would be stupid, no one in their right mind would do that.....................oh wait......
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: