Homeland
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Okay caught up.

For whatever reason, I find myself siding with Brody's character so far. I also love the dynamics of the Brody-Kerry relationship, especially considering Brody practically told her everything that the viewers had known at that time as well.

I agree with Wilt's assessment. This show will not reveal Brody's true allegiance. It will be dilemma and I think Brody's character will have it throughout the series.

From what I gather he's upset with the American govt, he's converted to Islam and has befriended Abu Nazir. Yet, we've still yet to see concrete evidence like we did with Walker that he plans to attack Americans on American soil. Is he a terrorist? An informant? Someone who just converted from one belief system to another? There's a lot of theories in play and I think we'll see a little bit of everything.

We may actually have to wait till the end of the series to really know what side Brody is really on and what his real intentions are.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Lots revealed today about why Brody is who he is now and what his end game is.

Very good show tonight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bjland5
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Beijing Tour -Have a Good Time

Beijing is the capital city of China and the political, educational, and cultural center of the country. As an ancient capital city, there are many ancient sites such as Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven. Beijing is developing with a rapid speed and there are a number of modern sites attracts world visitors such as Olympic Stadium - Bird's Nest and Water Cube, 798 art district and so on! Beijing is always the first stop for Tour Beijing .
Beijinglandscapes.com is a Beijing based expert tour agency, offers professional China Travel Agency service, responsiable, cheap and safe! Excellent English staffs with 24 hours warm, thoughtful and patient service will always satisfied you!Various well-selected tour itineraries as well as customized tour routes with cheap price offered by Beijinglandscapes.com will let you enjoy a real wonderful travel experience!Great Wall, Terra-Cotta Warriors, Potala Palace and so many other scenery are waitting for you! Come on!
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Beijing Tour -Have a Good Time

bjland5 wrote:
Beijing is the capital city of China and the political, educational, and cultural center of the country. As an ancient capital city, there are many ancient sites such as Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace and Temple of Heaven. Beijing is developing with a rapid speed and there are a number of modern sites attracts world visitors such as Olympic Stadium - Bird's Nest and Water Cube, 798 art district and so on! Beijing is always the first stop for Tour Beijing .
Beijinglandscapes.com is a Beijing based expert tour agency, offers professional China Travel Agency service, responsiable, cheap and safe! Excellent English staffs with 24 hours warm, thoughtful and patient service will always satisfied you!Various well-selected tour itineraries as well as customized tour routes with cheap price offered by Beijinglandscapes.com will let you enjoy a real wonderful travel experience!Great Wall, Terra-Cotta Warriors, Potala Palace and so many other scenery are waitting for you! Come on!

BJ Land? HA!
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lots revealed today about why Brody is who he is now and what his end game is.

Very good show tonight.

Yep.

Nice episode.

The only thing I didn't like is how exposed that Saudi diplomat was. All it took to find him was to go the mosque and find someone who was willing to talk, which was the Imam's wife in this case. It was way too easy. But since he has diplomatic immunity, things will get complicated that way.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Well, the diplomat is no longer with us.

So Saul and Carrie are finally both convinced that there's a mole in the CIA. While this can become interesting, the mole angle has been done to death by 24. Hope this show makes it more interesting. The easy pick is Carrie's friend that set up the surveilance at Brody's house. But that's too obvious.

What has bugged me ever since Carrie and Brody had that conversation at the cabin is that Carrie can't connect the dots that Brody is not that clean after all. Brody did tell her that Nazir took care of him and that he loved Nazir. He converted to Islam! If that's the case, then why was he found in some hole with long hair, long beard and dirty? That doesn't make sense at all. Carrie should be figuring that out. And does the CIA know that Nazir's kid was killed?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject:

The thing is - that guy who set up surveillance, how did he slip the guy that was being held a knife/sharp object to kill himself? They never made contact. It was Saul, Brody, Carrie and the black guy (Can't recall his name) who is the boss.

1- Saul could be the mole. He has access to everything and if you watched his lie detector test initially he was failing it. I doubt it, but this would have the biggest shock factor for sure.

2- There are two moles. One is Brody obviously, who slipped the guy the blade to kill himself. The other is surveillance guy.

3- Black guy (I think his name is David not sure) who is Saul's and Carrie's boss.

I think I'm going with #1 or 3. It would make for a bigger "wow" factor if/when revealed (probably season's end).
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject:

I really hope it's not Saul. In terms of shock factor: Carrie would be the most shocking (there's no way that she is the mole though, so I'm not ever entertaining that possibility), than Saul, and then their boss. But it's too easy to shock people like that, hence why I mentioned 24. I hope it's someone out of left field, or a minor character. We'll see, I guess.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject:

I don't think the jazz theme fits into the show. Seems forced.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject:

My friend called Saul as a mole from episode two. Weird.

I was like wtf u nuts bra.

But i think it is him; bet it has something to do with his wifey.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

So Saul and Carrie are finally both convinced that there's a mole in the CIA. While this can become interesting, the mole angle has been done to death by 24. Hope this show makes it more interesting. The easy pick is Carrie's friend that set up the surveilance at Brody's house. But that's too obvious.

What has bugged me ever since Carrie and Brody had that conversation at the cabin is that Carrie can't connect the dots that Brody is not that clean after all. Brody did tell her that Nazir took care of him and that he loved Nazir. He converted to Islam! If that's the case, then why was he found in some hole with long hair, long beard and dirty? That doesn't make sense at all. Carrie should be figuring that out. And does the CIA know that Nazir's kid was killed?

I don't get why they came to the conclusion there has to be a mole because the diplomat got blown up. How do they know the diplomat didn't get word to Walker before the meeting about the setup, but didn't know he was being double-crossed?

Is it because they are too dumb to theorize that maybe Walker AND Brody were both turned?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject:

If Brody was not turned, then there goes the premis of the show, right?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

I agree. I have no problem with someone like Carrie liking jazz, but they keep emphasizing it. Definitely forced. Maybe one of the writers is a jazz fan.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I agree. I have no problem with someone like Carrie liking jazz, but they keep emphasizing it. Definitely forced. Maybe one of the writers is a jazz fan.

I definitely think it's forced. Jazz is a complicated genre. Lots of ways to interpret the music, while also appreciating the beauty of the music. I think they're trying to force a connection between Jazz and the complex nature of Carrie's job...but I don't think it's drawing a connection like they were probably hoping for.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
My friend called Saul as a mole from episode two. Weird.

I was like wtf u nuts bra.

But i think it is him; bet it has something to do with his wifey.

I actually speculated that because Brody just seemed too transparent a choice to me.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Was anybody else a little disappointed in how ill prepared the CIA seemed to be dealing with the trap for Walker and how they underestimated him so much, that they didn't calculate the possibility that he'd send a decoy?

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I don't get why they came to the conclusion there has to be a mole because the diplomat got blown up. How do they know the diplomat didn't get word to Walker before the meeting about the setup, but didn't know he was being double-crossed?

Is it because they are too dumb to theorize that maybe Walker AND Brody were both turned?

I agree. There is a chance that the heart sign in the window (the diplomat's child's artwork) was a code that they were being watched and to proceed with suicide bombing.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Wilt wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I definitely think it's forced. Jazz is a complicated genre. Lots of ways to interpret the music, while also appreciating the beauty of the music. I think they're trying to force a connection between Jazz and the complex nature of Carrie's job...but I don't think it's drawing a connection like they were probably hoping for.

Is it supposed to be some kind of underlying theme to the show? During the opening credits, they show clips from the pilot, photos of characters in the show, childhood photos of Clare Danes and, for some reason, photos of some jazz musician (Louis B. Armstrong?).

I've watched the show from the beginning, but I guess I just don't get it. It's not as compelling to me as other terrorist drama series like Sleeper Cell.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject:

how'd you guys feel about this past episode?

damn it was a shocker, was not expecting brody to snitch on her. I was actually expecting him to go to her house and lie to her/snoop up some information.

And wow @ brody and a suicide bomber plan.... No way he goes thru with it in my opinion, but damn.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:

Phenomenal from start to finish. Claire Danes sewed up the Emmy last night. Can't wait for the finale.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject:

haha yup i felt the same way... i was like WOW she is doing awfully well!
Laker_Leo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
marga86 wrote:

Phenomenal from start to finish. Claire Danes sewed up the Emmy last night. Can't wait for the finale.

Yeah, that woman is one helluva actress.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject:

see next

Last edited by unleasHell on Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject:

The last 90 minute episode should be epic...

If Brody blows himself up, then my guess is, he will not be back next season (LOL...duh).

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject:

As I said in the opening post, I wasn't a big fan of Claire Danes before Homeland. But I guess she had some potential that waited to be unleashed. That scene at the end could have been either authentically great or just over-the-top abysmal. She played it perfectly. It was a bit uncomfortable to watch. It was so damn real. Great job.

Now as for Estes, he has some secrets that Carrie could exploit as well. They had an affair. He screwed up that entire interrogation by allowing Brody to enter the room and possibly pass off the razor. No one's perfect, and they've all screwed up. And she has Saul on her side, who can explain her theories. At this point, they don't know she's bipolar and won't know unless Saul or her family tells them.

Jessica, Brody's wife, is so pathetically clueless. That's the part that kind of bugged me. The daughter is a lot smarter than her mom.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: