Lakers needed the All-Star break

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Lakers needed the All-Star break

Hopefully this prediction from Kevin Ding (OC Register) comes true -- the Lakers do seem recharged after the break, with the trade deadline passed, with the playoffs in sight and with Phil probably cracking his whip hard for the first time since their first long road trip:

Quote:
Back to business Tuesday night for the Lakers, and here's a rather wacky prediction: The Lakers will win their next seven games.

Bold? Well, not terribly. The next five games are at Staples Center (POR, SAC, LAC, BOS, ORL) before games at POR and GST. The Lakers needed the All-Star break; their young players were fried. I have every expectation that Phil Jackson will get their minds right, as he has pointed to this post-All-Star week as critical.

Going 7-0 would take the Lakers to 33-26 and set the table for a crucial four-game stretch (vs. DET, vs. SA, at NOK, at SA) that would determine whether they can stop worrying about making the playoffs and start talking about whom they want to beat in the playoffs.

Link: http://blogs.ocregister.com/lakers/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: