Rony Turiaf is a hero

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Rony Turiaf is a hero

enough said
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject:

True, true. One great thing to look at for the future, as far as this team is concerned.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject:

Turiaf's taking on the Madsen cheerleader role except one difference. Ronny can play.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

Well, he's an inspiration, but let's not get carried away. Surviving a tough surgery is impressive, but a lot of people go through it. Now, we need to start giving him minutes and seeing how he does. As a person, I truly respect the kid, but as a basketball player . . . I don't know. That's still in the air.
daxeqtr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
Well, he's an inspiration, but let's not get carried away. Surviving a tough surgery is impressive, but a lot of people go through it. Now, we need to start giving him minutes and seeing how he does. As a person, I truly respect the kid, but as a basketball player . . . I don't know. That's still in the air.

But how many people have survived that tough of a surgery, rehabbed for a few months, and returned to play in the NBA?
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject:

daxeqtr wrote:
Ank wrote:

But how many people have survived that tough of a surgery, rehabbed for a few months, and returned to play in the NBA?

Not many. My whole point is: there are a lot of ways to be a hero, but returning to the NBA quicker than other players doesn't do it. Fighting for your country, standing up for what you believe even if costs you a lot, sacrificing for others, taking care of and bringing up five kids on a single minimum wage income and a bad neighborhood. Those things make you a hero. Turiaf cameback to the NBA quickly. Fine. Great for the Lakers. Hero? I think not. Still proud of him though.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject:

A hero ?

Com on !
LakerJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
daxeqtr wrote:
Ank wrote:

Not many. My whole point is: there are a lot of ways to be a hero, but returning to the NBA quicker than other players doesn't do it. Fighting for your country, standing up for what you believe even if costs you a lot, sacrificing for others, taking care of and bringing up five kids on a single minimum wage income and a bad neighborhood. Those things make you a hero. Turiaf cameback to the NBA quickly. Fine. Great for the Lakers. Hero? I think not. Still proud of him though.

Hero is subjective. He's my hero. Along with Kobe.
LakeLakeLake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
daxeqtr wrote:
Ank wrote:

Good point!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject:

Any dude that can come back to the NBA after heart surgery, without training camp and beat Carlos Boozer (hamstring injury) back to the court, is a hero for sure in my book.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
GailGoodrich25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
daxeqtr wrote:
Ank wrote:

Well I'm proud of him too and I'm sure he's a "hero" to all of those who have had similar surgeries. I haven't but he's a "hero" of mine!
El Ocho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:

has anyone noticed how now some of the other younger players are getting up and cheering and walking out on the court next to ronny to high five the team coming off court? lead by example. if youre a cheerleader be the best one out there. HEART COURAGE COMMITMENT.
CanUsayLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

Great point. If you have a team that believes, good things can happen.

The Anaheim Angels weren't that good when they won the World Series. But they believed and didn't let anything get them down... Same principle.

I believe my fellow Marines that are dying for us are the Hero's with a big H, but Ronny can be a hero with a little h.
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Hero is subjective.

There are different ways to be a hero. Someone who comes back from heart surgery to play in the NBA is a hero to me. Simply because he has shown what dedication and a positive attitude can do for you.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject:

the dude is loving life. its great to watch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: