Best win thie season. Its important to bring same energy tomorrow.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Best win thie season. Its important to bring same energy tomorrow.

Best game played this season by LAL. I hope we can bring same energy tomorrow. if LAL plays like this tomorrow and win it will be the best advantage taken by LAL to move up.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

I am very interested to see how we do in this back to back. A win would really get me hyped up for this second half.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject:

We can beat the Clipps if Mobley and Cassell are contained. Let Brand do whatever but stop those two...
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:

by the way they played today, they have a chance on beating the Clippers, Although I must say that it will be tough to do.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject:

Kwame played Kaman really well last time. Kobe was also a factor just dominating them in the second half. More balanced play hopefully this time, Kobe has been finding teammates cutting lately and will make the Clippers pay if they are double teamming him.
suckycrapkins
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

Our best win this year was the road win against Dallas. We also had a good win against Denver the 1st game of the season. The Queens are a below 500 team in panic mode. This was only a game that a playoff team should win.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject:

I'm cautiously optimistic.. We saw some real teamwork, but I also saw some of the same weaknesses... The weaknesses seem to be more centered, in one, or two players...

Sorry, to pick on anyone, but... Sasha looked like he kind of stopped our momentum, when he stopped, and began giving directions.... I think he could have stayed within the rhythm, and kept the ball moving... Otherwise, Sasha's shooting is coming along... Some of his instincts, to the hoop, and around the hoop, his touch, are improving.

Kwame, what can we say??... He tries, and shows some good things, but...
Kwame also seemed to stop our momentum, by getting into foul trouble, and not staying within the rhythm... He seemed to look lost, at times, and didn't always have a clue. He doesn't always have that "feel", about who is open, or when he should shoot.

One of the best things, was seeing Odom continuing to play aggressive offense. We also seemed to renew the mindset, to drive it to the basket... Kobe, in particular, answered some of his critics, who wanted him to slash to the basket more.

Last edited by LakersSpirit on Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject:

Clips are pulling an El Choke-o. Dunleavy is going to blow it again.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
I'm cautiously optimistic.. We saw some real teamwork, but I also saw some of the same weaknesses... The weaknesses seem to be more centered, in one, or two players...

Sorry, to pick on anyone, but... Sasha looked like he kind of stopped our momentum, when he stopped, and began giving directions.... I think he could have stayed within the rhythm, and kept the ball moving... Otherwise, Sasha's shooting is coming along... Some of his instincts, to the hoop, and around the hoop, his touch, are improving.

Kwame, what can we say??... He tries, and shows some good things, but...
Kwame also seemed to stop our momentum, by getting into foul trouble, and not staying within the rhythm... He seemed to look lost, at times, and didn't always have a clue. He doesn't always have that "feel", about who is open, or when he should shoot.

Yeah, but interestingly, the guy he guards never seems to score very much.
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject:

LAMAR ODOM BASKETBALL!!! CATCH THE FEVER!
G1 Hydrogenic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject:

Definitely. Can't have a letdown after the best game we've probably had all year.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject:

I agree, this may have been our best overall game so far this year. Not only did they keep a lead for once, but they actually extended it, in garbage time no less. They played aggressive defense, forced turnovers, ran the offense well, and looked to get out and run as much as possible. And even better, Lamar was aggressive tonight, actively looking to score whenever he had an opportunity. This is how they should try to play every night. Aggressive, swarming defense, look to get out in transition, and a good, balanced offensive attack playing as a team within the triangle. When they actually do these things, they look like a pretty good team capable of beating anyone not named the Spurs, Pistons, or Suns.

I think the Lakers are capable of winning at least 18 of these 30 post-All-Star games. If they generate some momentum between now and the end of the season, maybe they'll be the team no one will want to face in the playoffs. And if we get the 6 seed, that means either Utah or Denver in the first round, and a good chance of advancing to the 2nd round. That would be a pretty successful season for us, especially after last year.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject:

yeah..I'm more than cautious...and this wasn't the best game of the year...(I agree that the Dallas road win was more meaningful)

this team is so up and down...I'm preparing for the down...while secretly hoping I'm wrong..
venicebeach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject:

Tonight great game, I hope that we have the same energy for tomorrow game
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:

Agreed.

But the Clippers are on a 5 game losing streak.

And we all know our record against teams on losing streaks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Agreed.

But the Clippers are on a 5 game losing streak.

And we all know our record against teams on losing streaks

yeah...i feel you wolfpac...i remember those games against the pacers and bobcats that we lost...those were heartbreakers...i was so pissed that we didn't beat those teams...i'm hoping the team understands how important this game is since the clippers are ahead of us in the standings...the race for 6th 7th and 8th seeds are close and i'm hoping we can bump up to the 6th at least so we can match up against the 3rd...that'll be our easiest way to get to the 2nd round...
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:

suckycrapkins wrote:
Our best win this year was the road win against Dallas. We also had a good win against Denver the 1st game of the season. The Queens are a below 500 team in panic mode. This was only a game that a playoff team should win.

the reason i think this was the best win, i feel every player especially the main starters play very well. balance was very important.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

A loss tonight erases all the momentum we built from the last couple of wins.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Also memphis plays the spurs tonight and tomorrow Okla/NO plays Utah.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: