The Buss Family Calls ALL THE SHOTS.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dude
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: The Buss Family Calls ALL THE SHOTS.

Stop taking it to Mitch like he's a five cent hooker. At most, he fields the calls, relays information, manages the cap, and has input (but not the final call) on the draft. I doubt he's made one unilateral personnel decision since he's become the Laker's GM. If anything, he's been a great sport about being the Buss Family's scapegoat.

With that said, the Buss Family has flat out owned the NBA for the last two and a half decades and because of this...I have full confidence that we'll be back on top in the next few years. The thrill of victory doesn't come without the agony of defeat. Patience friends.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

"Full confidence" huh?

Obviously you don't know much about Jimmy Buss. A lifetime loser who's already proving how consistent he is.

Sorry bud, not inspired.
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: The Buss Family Calls ALL THE SHOTS.

Dude wrote:
Stop taking it to Mitch like he's a five cent hooker. At most, he fields the calls, relays information, manages the cap, and has input (but not the final call) on the draft. I doubt he's made one unilateral personnel decision since he's become the Laker's GM. If anything, he's been a great sport about being the Buss Family's scapegoat.

With that said, the Buss Family has flat out owned the NBA for the last two and a half decades and because of this...I have full confidence that we'll be back on top in the next few years. The thrill of victory doesn't come without the agony of defeat. Patience friends.
got news for you Mitch has alot of say, sure Buss has more say obvious, but you are kidding yourself if you think they just give Mitch a title and a check just to look pretty.

You have no clue.
Dude
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: The Buss Family Calls ALL THE SHOTS.

gp5 wrote:
Dude wrote:

got news for you Mitch has alot of say, sure Buss has more say obvious, but you are kidding yourself if you think they just give Mitch a title and a check just to look pretty.

You have no clue.

So you agree with me that "Buss has more say obvious," just like I said^^, and I have no clue?

When did I say Mitch only has a title and a check to look pretty? What are you reading bro. I said, he fields the calls, relays the information, manages the cap, and has input on the draft. But that doesn't discount the fact that all final decisions are made the Buss Family.
ThePunisher
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The Buss Family Calls ALL THE SHOTS.

gp5 wrote:

You have no clue.

lol. Aren't you the poster who just posted one of the most uninformed and ridiculous post of the year in the "Kupchak ON 710AM" thread. Please, your completely lost.
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Buss Family Calls ALL THE SHOTS.

Dude wrote:
gp5 wrote:
Dude wrote:

You have no clue.

So you agree with me that "Buss has more say obvious," just like I said^^, and I have no clue?

When did I say Mitch only has a title and a check to look pretty? What are you reading bro. I said, he fields the calls, relays the information, manages the cap, and has input on the draft. But that doesn't discount the fact that all final decisions are made the Buss Family.
I agree the Buss has alot of pull, but Mitch is a tool and deserves to be fired, that is why you have no clue. Mitch is a 5 cent hooker, who screwed this organization for the past few years, Im telling Buss invest in a more expensive hooker next time.
Dude
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Money$hot! wrote:
"Full confidence" huh?

Obviously you don't know much about Jimmy Buss. A lifetime loser who's already proving how consistent he is.

Sorry bud, not inspired.

He owns the Lakers and, um, you're posting little messages on the internet about his team. I'm not inspired either.
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: The Buss Family Calls ALL THE SHOTS.

ThePunisher wrote:
gp5 wrote:

You have no clue.

lol. Aren't you the poster who just posted one of the most uninformed and ridiculous post of the year in the "Kupchak ON 710AM" thread. Please, your completely lost.
how is it uniformed? all that stuff i posted is true, Are you saying that all those draft picks that were wasted or not due to Mitch? Isnt that his job?
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Dude wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:
"Full confidence" huh?

Sorry bud, not inspired.

He owns the Lakers and, um, you're posting little messages on the internet about his team. I'm not inspired either.

Jimmy Buss doesn't own the Lakers. He's the ex drunk, racehorse failure, WNBA flunkie son Dr. Jerry Buss has given personell decision control of the team. Jim Buss once compared picking Basketball players to choosing race horses. Your message about Dr. Buss' past success is hardly inspiring b/c he doesn't have nearly the experts running his franchise as he used to. Dr. Buss also seems more committed to leaving his team to his son than running the best Basketball franchise on earth. Those times have gone, and so no your post to knowledgable Laker fans is a joke. Get a clue.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Buss Family Calls ALL THE SHOTS.

gp5 wrote:
Dude wrote:

You have no clue.

tHINK BEFORE u type in this case, so apparantely by your and many peoples esimatition mitch has a dream job, gets paid high dollar, perks of an executive, and all he does is answer the phone like a recptionist? I dont know if people actually think about what their saying and forget that this is the real world, its not fantasy land kids.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Money$hot! wrote:
"Full confidence" huh?

Sorry bud, not inspired.

He may a spoilt hotshot type (Who wouldn't be given his situation) but he has made some good moves

Apparently he wanted Bynum the most
Vetoed a trade that would get us a matador shooter (Kapano) who you know Phil would tag team with Luke Walton for long stretches.
Is apparently after a big name FA

I don't think he's all bad. Plus, anyone that thinks the final decision is still not his dad's are kidding themselves.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Money$hot! wrote:
"Full confidence" huh?

Sorry bud, not inspired.

Why is Jimmy Buss a life time loser?
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Wolf Im surprised you would cut Jimmy a break with so little done.

From what I understand Bynum was sheltered by LA so no teams would see him. The majority of the LA front office wanted Andrew, so I wouldn't really credit that to Jimmy.

Kapono is a shorter version of Cook. Successful versions of the Tri have always featured a dead-eye 3pt shooter to spread the floor so.

Jimmy has got a lot to prove to shake the moron tag. A pick the bulk of the front office agreed on is no call for props to Young Buss.
FerrisVille
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:
"Full confidence" huh?

Sorry bud, not inspired.

He may a spoilt hotshot type (Who wouldn't be given his situation) but he has made some good moves

Apparently he wanted Bynum the most
Vetoed a trade that would get us a matador shooter (Kapano) who you know Phil would tag team with Luke Walton for long stretches.
Is apparently after a big name FA

I don't think he's all bad. Plus, anyone that thinks the final decision is still not his dad's are kidding themselves.
I have to admit, I dont have any ill regards with Jimmy, but Mitch is obviously a different story.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: The Buss Family Calls ALL THE SHOTS.

Dude wrote:

I would never take it to Mitch like he's a five cent hooker. I'll take it to him like he's an over-paid, waste of money one.

If at most, all he does is field the calls, relay information, manage the cap and give input (and not the final call) on the draft, then where the heck can I submit my proposal to be the next GM of the Lakers! Sign me up. I could do the same exact thing, and there's no way I'd comand the same salary as him.

During the early 90's, those teams were agonizing because of the lack of "talent" and not necessarily the lack of heart. And this was out of Jerry West's control (because of Magic retiring suddenly). They came to play night-in, night-out. Even with their lack of talent, they still made things entertaining. And Jerry West pulled the Nick Van-Exel's out of the 2nd round. This team was projected to have SO much talent, SO much upside and a playoff contender. Right now, they're just fighting for a position in the playoffs.

Yes, Jerry Buss will always have the last say (Shoot, he vetoed Jerry West's choice for the Number 1 pick and insisted we pick Magic). Thing is Jerry West probably presented MUCH better options and was willing to FIGHT with Jerry Buss to get the players that needed to be here. Mitch Kupchak hasn't shown that yet.

Whatever it is that Mitch Kupchak did when the Kwame Brown trade came to the table, if it was Jerry Buss insisting for him to get this done, I would have quit. Are you saying then that it wasn't Mitch that pursued the Kwame trade, but that it was Jerry Buss? Do you really think Jerry Buss saw that much potential in Kwame that he would've paid him that much money instead of having Caron (who had a great attitude and despite the team's lack of balance at the time, was providing much more last year than Kwame is this year)?

Please. Even if Mitch is what you say he is and he has no control over the situation, the Laker fans do deserve a much more respected GM. As much as I hated how he handled it, I can see why Shaq didn't like him.

My contention is that Mitch VERY MUCH has say in deals that goes down. All the players he chooses are based on his talent level when he was playing. It all makes sense. Jerry West was a GREAT GM because he chose players that would reach a GOOD or GREAT level playing in the league. Mitch chooses players based on a level of what brought him in the league and what he was relegated to at the end of his a career (an INJURED BACKUP CENTER).

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: