Phil Jackson's choice of lineups revisted

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Phil Jackson's choice of lineups revisted

Ok so I want to know what lineups you guys like and explain why you like them...Here's my favorites:

Mihm
Odom
George
Kobe
Smush

1. By far my number one lineup, and Phil usually goes it to when goings get really rough in regards to offensive execution. This lineup may be small but there are veterans playing and team defense seems to improve

Mihm
Cook
Odom
Kobe
Smush

2. This lineup works well when Cook can catch fire while still being able to play team defense.

Brown
Cook
Odom
Kobe
Smush

3. Another favorite. When Brown can shut down the 5 spot we look good defensively if Cook, Odom and Kobe can play welll offensively together.

Mihm
Brown
Odom
Kobe
Smush

4. My fourth best lineup is our starting lineup. I think it lacks in offensive production but is good defensively.

Ok so heres the rest and they arent very good.

Brown
Odom
George
Kobe
Smush

(can you say no D?)

Cook
Odom
George
Kobe
Smush

(terrible, Cook at 5, please what a joke)

But Often times PJ uses these weaker lineups as well as others, and I'm not talking about when Puke or Sasha comes in. What line-ups do you guys like or hate?
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: whats shocking is our lack of depth i guess

whats shocking is our lack of depth
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

My biggest beef with all of those lineups, is that Smush is in them.

PG= our weakest link. We would be by far a better team with a more experinced PG. Maybe he can improve next year. If he can improve as much as Sasha did this year, then he could be a legit starter......maybe.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

what about:

Mihm Odom George Kobe Sasha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Luke
Odom
Cook
Sasha
Green

^^ best
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

luke isnt one of the options...sorry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Odom/Cook/Turiaf
Kwame/Mihm/Bynum
George/Turiaf
Kobe/Green
Smush/Sasha

Anyway, it's not much to work with, but... I think Kwame was beginning to find himself, in the middle... I want to regain some of that... I still see Mihm as a backup center[on most quality teams]... I think Mihm might give us renewed energy, off the bench, and I still see that he's bothered by his healing injuries... Give Mihm a little more bench, and let him come in fresh, when the other team gets a little tired...

A return of Odom, to the 4, might give us more "life", at that much depleted position... We no longer have a Robert Horry, or Mychal Thompson... Every now, and then, I almost see flashes of Horry, in Brian Cook, but, perhaps, it's after too many beers...

Give Bynum a little more time, and let him contribute some of that shot-blocking, rebounding, and scoring, under the rim.

What can you say, about trying to spell Kobe??... I guess, Green would be the closest...

Lastly, I feel, strongly, that Sasha, and Smush, should share equal time... It seems like Sasha needs some quality time, to give us what he has to offer... Sasha seems to help the flow of our offense, although, he does look pretty awkward, much of the time. Sasha may be developing into something, but he needs to learn how to sense, when he's helping the team's rhythm, and when he's slowing things down.

My biggest change, would be, to give George more playing time, as a starter... Recently, George has come to life, and I think we lost some of that, in the last game... George had, recently, been helping to keep our momentum going. Poor Turiaf, he's still trying to get into the swing of things... Who else do we have, right now??... Let Ronny come in, for experience, but not in critical situations... Maybe, Green would be a better choice, to spell George...??
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: