He's Baaaaaaack!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject:

I heard that MAJIC but, LO has skills and, should always display himself as a team captain and, leader. At least bust ass so the rest can see that you came to work today. That way the rest will feel compelled to get on it. Even I felt LO was ass'n around in that contest. I actually felt sorry for Kobe in that game. It looked as if he was the only person interested in winning that contest.
i'm sick of the damned Clipps!! They have no business ahead of the purple and Gold!!!
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:

MAJIC wrote:
I'll take 4 out of 5 good games from LO in a heartbeat!!!

Stick to bashing Kwame!

I love his defense but it is all overshadowed by his Bree Walker type hands!

No you didn't. Funny as Hell, but you might wanna be on the look out for lightning.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject:

LO just makes me sick
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject:

I love the attempted deflections to Kwame. Leave Lamar alone....what about Kwame?? Gimme a break. We had no delusions about Kwame. We knew he sucked. We were just hoping there was something in there. But let's face it. The only thing great about Kwame is his body. He has no talent, no game, no moves. He's got stone hands.

But Lamar is different. Lamar has talent. Lamar has game. Lamar has moves. Lamar has the responsibility of being the man next to the man. That means when the man is struggling or hitting a rough patch like Kobe did in the 3rd quarter, it is Lamar's JOB to step in and pick up the slack. Instead, he's knocking over Sasha and Kwame running headfirst to the closest rock he can find to crawl under.

Charles Barkeley had it right. I've never seen a player that talented have to not just be told to be aggressive, but actually have to be convinced. And when Lamar takes the night off, he leaves the building. The lights are on, but nobody's home.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
I love the attempted deflections to Kwame. Leave Lamar alone....what about Kwame?? Gimme a break. We had no delusions about Kwame.

The problem is that Kwame is supposed to suck, cuz he has mental and physical limitations, for real. Lamar has the skills and HES DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE ABOUT MAXIMISING THEM
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: He's Baaaaaaack!!!!

PurpleHayz wrote:
Hey everybody Lamar's back. Trading deadline passes and he comes back to his true form.

Yep...I know all the apologists are boo hooing, but face it, Odumb is a not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:

Lamar had a bad game.

No arguments on that.

He was actually trying to get involved - it just didn't happen for him. How many shots did he have? 12 right? I think that's a good number for him.

He just couldn't finish on a number of plays. Bad performance
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject:

A little history and present to consider about Lamar versus his former team;

2003-04 - W/ the Heat

2 games
FGM-FGA
11 - 29
PPG
RPG
APG

2004-06 - W/the Lakers
7 games
FGM-FGA
37 - 84
PPG
RPG
APG

I forgot the freethrows, but I think this says enough! I remember when he was in Miami, I used to pick him a lot in my fantasy league. He put up great stats for a low price.

I have to say I was really disappointed last night!
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Kwame should grow his nails long like a lady to get the extra inch on a block attempt. Forgive me for not hating, but it is a shame that Kwame didn't have bigger hands, that would make a HUGE difference. Don't give me the "he'd just be a scrub with bigger hands", I think this plays a big part in the "can't do" attitude he shows most of the time. Even if you dislike the guy for being fragile, you have to feel for the guy at least a tad.
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

This is a special shoutout to sodapoppenski never attacked you and forced this upon yourself. Lamar has the potential to be a superstar. Lets just say I am being optimistic about it so back the fu!! off son. Now for the teabaggin expierience talk ask your mother she barely could fit one of my balls in her mouth. Plus I already ripped her ass up with muy pole. Hey you could of stayed out of it but you ask for cuz. Lamar is a Laker and as long he is a Laker I will support him to his full capabilties little girl.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Maybe Kwame should grow his nails long like a lady to get the extra inch on a block attempt. Forgive me for not hating, but it is a shame that Kwame didn't have bigger hands, that would make a HUGE difference. Don't give me the "he'd just be a scrub with bigger hands", I think this plays a big part in the "can't do" attitude he shows most of the time. Even if you dislike the guy for being fragile, you have to feel for the guy at least a tad.

Your actually right. One of the reasons PJ gives MJ the edge over Kobe is b/c of MJ's bigger mits. That would be of tremendous help for Kwame. Back to Lamar though, I was forced to watch the game on the Clippers station (horrible experience) b/c the Lakers station's broadcast was like crap. Anyway their play-by-play guys harped on Lamar. They were explaining how he is a great guy but just doesn't have passion. And that he hasn't improved all that much since he left the Clippers. And another thing I found interesting. It seems LO is resisting development of a right handed shot/layup! If he was able to develop that it would expand his offensive opportunities.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject:

Hoopschick29 wrote:

Quote:
I love the attempted deflections to Kwame. Leave Lamar alone....what about Kwame?? Gimme a break. We had no delusions about Kwame. We knew he sucked. We were just hoping there was something in there. But let's face it. The only thing great about Kwame is his body. He has no talent, no game, no moves. He's got stone hands.

But Lamar is different. Lamar has talent. Lamar has game. Lamar has moves. Lamar has the responsibility of being the man next to the man. That means when the man is struggling or hitting a rough patch like Kobe did in the 3rd quarter, it is Lamar's JOB to step in and pick up the slack. Instead, he's knocking over Sasha and Kwame running headfirst to the closest rock he can find to crawl under.

Charles Barkeley had it right. I've never seen a player that talented have to not just be told to be aggressive, but actually have to be convinced. And when Lamar takes the night off, he leaves the building. The lights are on, but nobody's home.

Thank you for the best explanation on Lamar Odom I have ever read.

About Lamar being better than when he entered the league. He doesn't have to be to be a dominant player. He just has to be consistent.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
About Lamar being better than when he entered the league. He doesn't have to be to be a dominant player. He just has to be consistent.

Ain't that the truth... That fool came into the league a freak, somebody just needs to tell Lamar to stop bull (bleep) and, start abusing people.
This is why I'm glad he has the luck of having kobe as a mentor and, Jax as an instructor. He could be a fiend! If he just would...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: