Bill walton has LOST it!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Bill walton has LOST it!

Laker Lurker wrote:
lakersboxershorts wrote:
He refered to Sasha as an "assertive scorer"

Heard that too- almost choked on my burrito.

Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

I'm with Walton. It's all Kobe's fault that his team with assertive scorers like Sasha, Kwame, Odom and defensive stoppers like Sasha, Luke, Smush and Odom is barely clinging to the 8th spot.

Do I need rolling eyes icon here?
insidepresence
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:

has lost it? you say that like he wasn't a stoned hippie with no social filter before last night?...My mom went to high school with him down in San Diego and said he was crazy back then
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

What he said was that he loved Sasha's stroke and that he was much better this season.

Said his defense was improved and that he liked his game.

If there's one thing Vujacic has going for him it's that he can pressure at fullcourt. The shot isn't consistent at all, but you can see him becoming a money shooter down the line.

That being said - Why is anyone ever suprised by what Walton says?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Dunno why either
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone here remember Walton when he was at UCLA. The man could not complete a sentence with out stuttering. He had horrible speaking skills. The man talked like he was borderline stunted. ( I say that with no disrespect to handicap people) But then man was horrible at speaking.

But now then man won't shut up, with his wannabe "poetic" phrases, and his elegant words.
Fansince88
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject:

I think Sasha has potential to be like "Steve Kerr". He's still young so we should give him some time.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Bill walton has LOST it!

lakersboxershorts wrote:
He refered to Sasha as an "assertive scorer"

Sasha is assertive. He doesn't usually hesitate shooting the ball. He's supposed to be money in practice. He's 21, so we have to wait to see what develops.
TLT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Walton lost it? When did he have it???
LA_UNION
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers make the playoffs, it is then when we can make a semi assessent of Sasha's "assertiveness"! Peja who was a danger during the season was exposed during the playoffs. If Sasha can handle the playoffs, I expect him to flourish ala Prince, though not in the same scale! Give the kid some leeway. Euro's grow up leaerning basketball by making the ball do the work unlike Americans who are more exposed to flashy "and1" type of basketball. The more he plays, the more he gains confidence. With confidence comes "assertiveness"!
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject:

does everyone forget this guy was riding the pine, one bad laker team in the 2nd half last year, and this year he is playing regular minutes? That a big jump if u ask me , at least he isnt darko milicic, guy has been on the nech for 3 years getting zip.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Walton has LOST it!

You can't lose what you never had.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject:

Sasha has improved his shooting, both inside, and outside... The thing I see, with Sasha, is that he seems to be having a little trouble, getting, and staying, in a consistent rhythm, and flow of the game... I don't know if the problem is common, with Euro-Players... There may be a difference, between the Euro-Style rhythm, and flow, and that of the NBA...??

I criticized Sasha, in the game against Sacto, because, I thought he kind of bogged the team down, and didn't continue the natural rhythm we had established... After seeing Sasha's PT cut down, in the Clips Game, and watching Smush trying to do the PG duties, practically, alone... I began to see, more clearly, the things that Sasha can provide, with more PT.

I think the big questions, are whether, or not, Sasha can become more acclimated, to the NBA Style Tempo, and pressure, and can he establish, and continue to maintain, a team's rhythm, and togetherness??... These things would round Sasha out, as a more complete, and valuable NBA Point Guard.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject:

What do some of you detractors want ?

Sasha is:

1) A 6-7 guard that can shoot and handle the ball reasonably well.
2) He has improved from one season (rookie year) to the next.
3) He is still only 21 years of age.

Give me a break, no one really knows how he will turn out in a couple of years when he will be around 23 years old which is about the same age as an NBA rookie coming out of college.

But we do know the three items I listed above and in my view this is enough to certainly not throw him away as so many suggest.

If at the age of 23 and assuming he shows as much improvement each year I can see the guy averaging EASILY the following 8 ppg and 5 apg with pretty decent defense. I'd say at the age of 23 those stats would stand up pretty well to a lot other 23 year old guards in the league.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
What he said was that he loved Sasha's stroke and that he was much better this season.

Said his defense was improved and that he liked his game.

If there's one thing Vujacic has going for him it's that he can pressure at fullcourt. The shot isn't consistent at all, but you can see him becoming a money shooter down the line.

It's so true. It's like starting a thread when Sir Chuckles says something stupid. And really people the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
I don't know what games some of these guys are watching, but Sasha is a pest on the ball. Yes, he may get a foul here and there that's far from the basket. So what? He's pressuring the ball and it often pays dividends. Definitely slows the other team from getting into there set. He'll occasionally frustrate the guy so much that he'll get an offensive foul called on him. And yes he CAN shoot the ball. I see him improving and he has hit some big shots for us this year. Bonehead???? Sometimes yes, but there's plenty of that to spread around.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: