LG Speak...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: LG Speak...

Over the past months friends and I have started to put labels on people who are constantly whining on here about one thing or another and it's actually turned into a language all of it's own.

Whenever we read a thread where people are constantly on the hunt for one trade or another, usually a stupid or unrealistic one, we refer to the poster as Isiah or that he's just in Isiah land. So an easy way to describe a trade monger is just to call him Isiah.

When we hear about the constant bashing of a player, usually Kwame, Lamar, Luke, & Sasha - we just refer to that poster as a Barkley or that he's just Barkleying, so no need to pay him much attention. So an easy way to describe a blind hater is just to call him a Barkley.

When someone is constantly whining about how stupid someone is, usually Mitch, Phil, or any Buss, we just refer to them as a Gloria (for Gloria Allred) or that they are just in Gloria mode. So when someone is whining like a little old lady and can't just make a single complaint but needs to keep needling over and over like an old bitter granny it's just easier to describe them as Gloria.

And when it comes to describing the plethora of impatient ones on this board, who are usually bandwagoners, we just label them Desperate HouseWives and what they do as wiving. So when someone has the patience of a two year old in a candy store, it's just easier to describe their condition as Desperate Housewife.

And finally, that baffling crowd that shows up every couple of weeks and starts threads about how good looking a guy is, or who is a better dresser, or making fun of a guys body parts. We just refer to those guys as Oprahs. The Oprahs should not feel that they need to stand in the closet and peek through a slightly cracked door. It's 2006 and they should just swing that closet door wide open! It's like Seinfeld says "There's nothing Wrong With That". So you Oprahs, be free and proud. Noone will know that you've secretly changed your LG background colors to pink.

Usage:

After every loss it's funny to watch all the Desperate Houswives go into Gloria mode and start Barkleying and it's only a matter of time before they find their way to the same place where they are holding hands in Isiah land. I actually think the Barkley's live for this kind of Gloriaing
because they are so eager that they seldom even wait until a game is over before before going into Gloria mode. While all this wiving can be annoying at times, it's sometimes pretty humourous since it really does a good job of exposing the Barkley in so many of the Desperate Housewives. And if I had to choose between the Barkley's and the Oprahs, I suppose the Barkleys aren't all bad.

I sure hope the Lakers beat Boston tonite, or else there's going to be a lot of Gloriaing going on tonite and the Barkley's will be in full Isiah mode by morning.

So new words to add to the LG lexicon to go along with Haley are:

Isiah = Trade Monger
Gloria = Whiner
Barkley = Hater
Oprah = One scared to come out of the closet
Desperate Housewife = Impatient One

I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.

Last edited by Aussiesuede on Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:

mm708
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

DAMN.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Hilarious. Nicely done, Aussiesuede.

Now watch everyone come in here and start gloriaing about your post.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:

Hilarious. Nicely done, Aussiesuede.

Now watch everyone come in here and start gloriaing about your post.

Hey, Barkley's Gloria. And Desperate Housewives Isiah. That's what they do! Then they get together for some Oprah every afternoon.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

I said Mike Bibby is the love child of Mini Me and Kermit the Frog? Does that make me an Oprah?
mm708
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Bynum looks like Gary Coleman.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject:

eldrunko714 wrote:
I said Mike Bibby is the love child of Mini Me and Kermit the Frog? Does that make me an Oprah?

Nah! That just makes you damn funny!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: