5 Turnovers in the third quarter by Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject:

^^^^ Yes!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject:

Yea the five turnovers seriously hurts. At least he is sill dropping big numbers in points. We just need the other guys to kick it into gear.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject:

I'll take 5 turnovers over the practical no-show by the rest of the team. What a pointless thing to fixate on-as if he'll turn it over that much regularly. And to those (bleep) about his defense: It was back-to-back games and having to carry the load in that game that affects stamina. If the rest of the team played well, then Kobe would've been able to pace himself more and finish much more stronger. Stop making excuses for the no-show by the other guys; it was because of them that we lost, not because of Kobe's turnovers, or his "no-show" on defense. :roll:

^^ Farmar

Lakerchick2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: 5 Turnovers in the third quarter by Kobe

uberzev wrote:
That's got to be some kind of Laker record.

A few of those to's are because Mihm can't hold on to the ball. Our bigs have horrible hands.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Sidious wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
methticaL wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
Kobe2Lamar wrote:
Hard to shut anyone down when you're carrying 4 other guys on your back offensively...

Defense facilitates offense. That's why defense would have helped this team a lot more than offense in this game.

not this team... not saying defense wouldn't help, or that only offense is needed, but man this team can really suck balls sometimes. u need a "team" to play defense not just 1 man

I didn't mean for Kobe to be the only guy playing defense. I expect the entire team to play it. But when fans make excuses for Kobe's lack of D, they need to be called on it.

Dude it's 1 on 5 out there. It's a miracle that Kobe even kept the team in the game in the first half. Nobody besides could even score in the 1st quarter.

Stop using that as an excuse. The whole team sucked on D. Kobe sucked on D. The fact that he doesn't have help on the offensive side shouldn't excuse for porous D.

I can't agree more. Kobe's defense was horrible that game. He was just basically standing there. He needs to try on defense and not cheat all the time. And please don't give me the excuse he was tired. I would see him run up the court for the ball on offense
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject:

I thought Kobe's defense was terrible too and it was from the very beginning of the game. I understand trying to get your teammates involved, but if they can't make a shot to save their lives then you need to remind them of how to play strong aggressive defense. He wan't doing that and I was amazed that we stayed in the game for as long as we did. We really underestimate a lot of teams.
Spirit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject:

Sidious wrote:
Smush is a moron, he's one of those NY players that are brain dead. I saw that 8 second violation coming from a mile away. He did the same thing in the Miami game. There's no excuse for that, the guy is just walking the ball up the (bleep) court. All he has to do is jog to the line.

----

This is something that continually grates at me. I mean, is it just me or do the Lakers seem to get one or two 8-second violations each game? At this point in the season, any one getting caught in such a violation should be immediately benched and fined. These are inexcusable mistakes — even for a team this young — four months into the campaign.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I put most of the blame on PJ for the loss but also lack of effort on the Lakers squad as well as some officiating.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 5 Turnovers in the third quarter by Kobe

Lakerchick2u wrote:
uberzev wrote:
That's got to be some kind of Laker record.

A few of those to's are because Mihm can't hold on to the ball. Our bigs have horrible hands.

Mihm looked like last year's Mihm. I'm not exaggerating when I say that Mihm was one of the big reasons Kobe had so many turnovers last year. Throwing it to him was a "bad pass" turnover waiting to happen.

There was a sequence in the first quarter I believe where Lamar threw the ball into Mihm on back to back possessions and he mishandled it and got Lamar two bad pass turnovers. That brought back memories.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: