TNT: Buss contacted Taylor re: KG - CLIP INSIDE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject:

If you can recall last Summer there was word that KG was spending some time with "Boss Buss" at a party.......I think a seed or two was planted that night.....

Plus he was spending some time with Kobe,hanging and practicing......Plus hanging out at Summer league games......

On top of this ........ he has a home in Malibu......Of all off season homes in the World within his reach,Paris,South of France,Austrian alps,Bora Bora,etc,etc......... he chooses our local area.....Now you tell me where he would want to play?

Plus the chance to play with Kobe,and a fantastic organization such as the lakers must be very,very appealing to KG......

The one thing,and only thing that can actually get KG here is...........Him asking for a trade specifically here.....I get this feeling thats what Boss Buss was talking to Taylor about among other things....Buss is paving the way......
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject:

Correct! I think KG is attempting to pull a Charles Oakley/Kendall Gill on the Knicks.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject:

Kevin Garnett will be a Knick this summer!

Stop and think about it. The Knicks have traded for talent and expiring contracts. Timberwolves can get much more in return by trading with the Knicks versus any other NBA team. Every GM and NBA analyst has already come to this obvious conclusion.

Just listen and or read for yourself. The writing is on the wall.

If anyone thinks the Knicks’ trades this past month were to improve for a playoff run this year, think again…
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject:

KG said he will never ask for a trade. since he won't, he won't be traded.
lakerboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:

you are an idiot if you belive that kg will be a laker

there are at least 5 teams that can offer much better deals then we

and please stop with these theories that we will make big trades in this summer :roll:

last deadline? nothing

last summer? nothing

deadline this year (9 MILLION FREAKIN EXPIRING CONTRACTS)? nothing

summer 06? 99.9% nothing

we will be watching how other teams get allstars like iverson, garnett, maybe t-mac etc.
and then someone will come up with the trade deadline 07
Lakersfield
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:

Marbury is the reason why Garnett would like to play for the Knicks. If the Lakers were serious about Garnett, they should have aquired Marbury. I have a feeling the big move the Lakers make this off season is to re-sign George.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject:

Lakersfield wrote:
Marbury is the reason why Garnett would like to play for the Knicks. If the Lakers were serious about Garnett, they should have aquired Marbury. I have a feeling the big move the Lakers make this off season is to re-sign George.

I think KG stays in Minny for the remainder of his contract, with management promising to improve the supporting cast.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:

Stop and think about it. The Knicks have traded for talent and expiring contracts. Timberwolves can get much more in return by trading with the Knicks versus any other NBA team. Every GM and NBA analyst has already come to this obvious conclusion.

If anyone thinks the Knicks’ trades this past month were to improve for a playoff run this year, think again…

The strategy won't work. Put yourself in Glen Taylor's shoes. The Knicks are stocked with talent that nobody else wants. Guys like Francis, Curry, Marbury are good players hindered by awful contracts. What they bring to the game falls far short of what you pay directly and in the form of luxury tax. And all of the contracts are hideously long term, meaning that if you're Glen Taylor, you can't rebuild by finding quality free agents. Did you see what little it took to get Stevie Franchise? Did you notice that the only other team bidding on Curry was LAL, and despite LAL's desperation, they dropped out when the contract lengthened?

These guys are all borderline untradeable. If Taylor makes a move, it will be for quality prospects, high first round picks and expiring contracts. They would probably also love a high scorer thrown into the mix, the proverbial high-scorer-on-a-bad team kind of player. Someone has to keep the fans entertained during the rebuild.
LakeNiteShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject:

Tarzan008 wrote:
If you can recall last Summer there was word that KG was spending some time with "Boss Buss" at a party.......I think a seed or two was planted that night.....

Plus he was spending some time with Kobe,hanging and practicing......Plus hanging out at Summer league games......

On top of this ........ he has a home in Malibu......Of all off season homes in the World within his reach,Paris,South of France,Austrian alps,Bora Bora,etc,etc......... he chooses our local area.....Now you tell me where he would want to play?

Plus the chance to play with Kobe,and a fantastic organization such as the lakers must be very,very appealing to KG......

The one thing,and only thing that can actually get KG here is...........Him asking for a trade specifically here
.....I get this feeling thats what Boss Buss was talking to Taylor about among other things....Buss is paving the way......

I agree completely. You guys can dream for the next 6 months as to where KG will land in a trade, but essentially until we are specifically named by KG as the "only" team that he would want to be traded to we have no shot of landing him. Teams like the Bulls, Pacers, Knicks (notice they're all in the East) will be able to put together way better packages than what we can especially since we didn't make a move by the deadline. So lets all just start praying that KG demands not only a trade, but a trade to the LakeNiteShow.

BTW, who is the hottie next to Buss in the video? He's probably banging her huh?
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:

That was obviously a PR move guys. You think the Laker organization does not know that the fans were PISSED off? Everyone in the world knows that this team is rebuilding, but it seems like nothing is being done to get quality players in.

I believe that Laker management released that info to ensure the fans that the Lakers do indead have a plan.

What's the plan? Trade Odom, Mihm, and Bynum for KG? What are we left with then?

KG will be 30 by then and Kobe will be 28. We won't be doing anything with just KG and Kobe, and we won't have "time" to sit around and wait for a other pieces of the puzzle to fall into place.

Guess we'll see though...
GMWEST
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

iml84myd8s wrote:

First off, take your own advise and STOP AND THINK.

The first thing that needs to happen is KG needs to ASK to be traded. Now, if KG is not so inclined to ask, Taylor knows that KG window of trade value will start shrinking soon. This summer is KG's maxium trade value for Minnesota. KG's people are insistant that KG leaves Minny and I believe he will ask for a trade this summer. Taylor needs KG to ask for the trade because he would look bad if KG was upset and not wanting a trade.

Now, when that happens, look for KG to go to only a hand full of teams that can give value to Minny and keep a SUPERSTAR that KG can have a chance at a Championship with. Why would Taylor do this? RESPECT for KG! Taylor knows KG has hung in there and respected the T-Wolves, he beleives he owes it to KG. Now, for your idea of the Knicks being that team, WHO is thier Superstar again? Marbury maybe a friend, but he is not going to get KG to a Championship. Also, what you stated above about the Knicks having tradable pieces, GM and NBA analyst would laugh at your comments. No one wants any of NY's overpriced and ballhogging players. To even rebuild a franchise around that thought would be dangerous.

As I said it will come down to a handful of teams that can retain a superstar and still give Minny the value they want for KG. Take it from there.
japanesebeef1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

abc wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
Rumors out here in New York claim that KG has already said he wants to play in New York ... not LA.

I just cannot imagine he wants to play for Larry Brown or Isiah Thomas. They are both jokes.

But, if true, the Knicks do have a TON of trade chips.

It's actually in KG's self-interest to prefer the Knicks over the Lakers.

The Knicks would happily extend his grandfathered contract, and still spend and spend to surround him with other talented players. And even though KG is a superstar, he might need two self-confident scorers on his squad to win a title. If NY could swing a trade in the first place, NY could and would surround him with scorers.

Although Buss might extend the grandfathered contract, Buss would try his best to avoid net luxury taxes, while still gunning for a championship. That could be a recipe for disaster since the Lakers would have no depth after trading for KG (and no, KG and Kobe can't win a championship by themselves).

Sorry, but I have to disagree. If its in KG's best self interest to be simply paid and be surrounded by overpaid stars . . . then perhaps your right. But history teaches us that if he wants to get paid and win a championship . . . Buss 8, Isaiah the GM 0. This is the place to win.

Buss has a history of spending, but he spends on championships.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

I can understand why NY is filling up on talent for trade bait, but why would Minny take on bloated overpaid contracts. Odom is the centerpiece of any trade involving KG as far as I'm concerned. I guess we'll see what happens. KG to L.A. makes more sense.
stojan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

sage if minnesota dont want to take marburys contract y would they want to take somelike odoms contract which isnt much better.

i think if he happens to be traded it will be for a quality big man eg j.oneal, s.marion, (kmart and nene).

or for expiring contacts eg. indiana pollard, f.jones, dallas terry ,van horn

"I don't have the first clue who he is talking about, because all I worry about is Jerome."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: