Truth or an excuse?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Truth or an excuse?

Jackson: Clippers a Part of Odom's Karmic Puzzle
By Jerry Crowe, Times Staff Writer
February 26 2006

A day after they'd lost again to the Clippers — they've dropped four of five to their Staples Center arena-mates — the Lakers hunkered down for three hours of film review and practice, Coach Phil Jackson indicating in a roundabout way that perhaps they hadn't been mentally prepared to play Friday night.

Jackson also indicated that Lamar Odom, cast adrift by the Clippers three summers ago and traded to the Lakers from the Miami Heat in 2004, might still feel the sting of rejection but could benefit from lessons learned on television.

ADVERTISEMENT
"I think the Clippers bring a whole different magnitude to his games against them," Jackson said of Odom, who scored only eight points on three-for-12 shooting and has often seemed distracted against the Clippers, having twice been ejected from games against them last season. "There must be some tension there still."

Still, the coach added, "I believe in Lamar. He's a player that does so many things right, as far as working, [being a] good teammate, his effort, all these things…. He knows that hard work and good behavior and all those things have their own karmic effect. I don't know if I want to get into 'My Name Is Earl,' but they do."

"My Name Is Earl," the NBC sitcom in which the title character seeks good karma by atoning for past sins, presumably wasn't discussed in Saturday's film session, but the Lakers' lackluster effort in Friday's 102-83 loss certainly must have been.

"There are some things, execution-wise, that you talk about as a coach because execution is a big key," Jackson said. "But there are some other things that we talk about, too, that are mental, spiritual, physical — physically playing three games in four nights, getting back in that role again after an All-Star break, prepping yourself mentally so you bring the tension … so you're alert and you're really sharp and you're thinking about the game and physically keying yourself up to play….

"You've got to rebuild how to do that. So we did some really mental work about re-keying yourself, refocusing, bringing that concentration level back again."

On the surface, the Lakers' remaining schedule looks favorable, with 16 of their last 27 games slated for Staples Center. But in their last 23 games they'll play three against the San Antonio Spurs, two against the Phoenix Suns and one, Saturday night at Staples Center, against the Detroit Pistons.

They're 0-14 against those teams since trading Shaquille O'Neal.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject:

major b.s.

i'll take $500,000,000,000,000 for EXCUSE please.

"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
tdnet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Didnt we beat phoenix last season?
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject:

this isnt an wasy schedule as everyone has made it out too be, i must say we have 6 games against 3 of the top 5 team in the league remaining and were 0-14 against those teams in the last two years? Thats a very distressing sign, i must say.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
this isnt an wasy schedule as everyone has made it out too be, i must say we have 6 games against 3 of the top 5 team in the league remaining and were 0-14 against those teams in the last two years? Thats a very distressing sign, i must say.

True, but a potential saving grace is that NO, Sacramento, Memphis, & Utah have a division heavy end to their seasons, which means that they all help the Lakers cause by beating up on each other. Everytime one of them plays each other, it's a win situation for the Lakers, since one of the chasers has to lose. My guess is that they will pretty evenly split, thus mitigating Laker losses against San Antonio & Detroit (4 losses)
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:

True, but a potential saving grace is that NO, Sacramento, Memphis, & Utah have a division heavy end to their seasons, which means that they all help the Lakers cause by beating up on each other. Everytime one of them plays each other, it's a win situation for the Lakers, since one of the chasers has to lose. My guess is that they will pretty evenly split, thus mitigating Laker losses against San Antonio & Detroit (4 losses)

I hear ya but relying on other teams to lose is not a good sign either.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject:

what a bunch of crap that is.
DidierUniversity
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject:

didnt the Clippers tell Odom that they would keep him even if it costs them 300million?
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Did the Celtics cast him aside too?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: