Playoffs?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Playoffs?

The draft pick that was traded to the Celtics along with Gary Payton is protected through 10 this year. If the Lakers do not make the playoffs, what are the chances they end up with a pick 11-15? If they do, it doesn't make any sense to not root for the playoffs, but more than likely, they will get a top 10 pick, meaning they keep it. Playoff experience would be great for this team, but if we get a chance for a top 10 pick...who cares. Are we in favor for a one and done in the playoffs, or do you want that pick. Let Houson, Golden State, Minnesota, Sacramento, and Utah take over us...I'll take the third worst record in the west behind Portand and Seattle, plus our own pick, Miami's pick and build for next year. Two picks plus trading Lamar for consistant talent is what we need, not the playoffs.

Thoughts???

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN

Last edited by Venti Quattro on Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
aFFie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:

It's just depressing when Lakers don't make the playoffs. I rather get to the playoffs.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject:

thats an awful idea. waste an entire season. you act like we are the knicks and 30 games under 500. when lakers play good basketball, they are an elite team in the nba. you saw it vs sac, vs dallas before...this team can win games.

lakers fans need to chill...its an 82 game season. if you jump off the wagon now, i dont want to see you back on here in may talking about how good this team is if we win.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
thats an awful idea. waste an entire season. you act like we are the knicks and 30 games under 500. when lakers play good basketball, they are an elite team in the nba. you saw it vs sac, vs dallas before...this team can win games.

lakers fans need to chill...its an 82 game season. if you jump off the wagon now, i dont want to see you back on here in may talking about how good this team is if we win.

We are not an elite team, not even on our best night. I'm not jumping the ship, but if management is not going to make necessary moves till 2007, might as well get some talent around Kobe to turn us into a deep team when for when the time comes.

lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

i hate re-building
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
lakersdynasty999 wrote:

We are not an elite team, not even on our best night. I'm not jumping the ship, but if management is not going to make necessary moves till 2007, might as well get some talent around Kobe to turn us into a deep team when for when the time comes.

Tank because we're not the Mavericks, Spurs or Pistons... Great thinking... Now only if the Clippers, Hornets, Grizzlies and Nuggets felt the same way. Jackass.
aFFie
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject:

jminges wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
lakersdynasty999 wrote:

Tank because we're not the Mavericks, Spurs or Pistons... Great thinking... Now only if the Clippers, Hornets, Grizzlies and Nuggets felt the same way. Jackass.

No need for name calling Mr Smartie Pants.
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
i hate re-building

So do I, but I wouldn't call it rebuilding...since it's not a long term process. We should be set next year.

Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject:

No, there is no player worth tanking for in the draft anyways. Even if there was a player, the likelihood of that player being selected at a high position is very low for our team. Lakers need to make the playoffs. The draft pick will go to the Celtics, Hawks, or Suns. Let's give it to them this year and not worry about it anymore.

Anyone who prefers to go to the lottery are the same people who will come in here crying after every loss. So if you can't take the losses now, imagine the Lakers losing the rest of their games. You'd be crying about that too.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Already a thread with the same brilliant idea, started maybe 1-2 weeks ago.

And it was met with the same universal disdain.

Die thread, DIE!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Losers play for lottery picks. The Lakers are playing for the playoffs.
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Championship.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are going to make the Playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: