Good thing our schedule is "easier" now

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Good thing our schedule is "easier" now

With all the home games, that is. Remember when we were all saying that, but Phil refused to acknowledge it because this team seems to suck when it should be winning games?

Losses at home to Atlanta and Boston. It's a wonder we beat the Kings.

It's like this team has to be 5 games under .500 to actually believe they have to start playing for real.

If our schedule gets any easier than this I'm going to have a heart attack.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject:

Good point... They went right after Sac and, ofcourse as what would be easily anticipated bailed on the back end of the back to back against the Clipps. It wouldn't have mattered who was on the back end of that contest anyway they were going to lose but, this contest with Boston is truly frightening. They lacked any fire until it was to late.

Is anyone else reminded of the "BLing BLIng" in the declining years by this silliness?
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject:

not sure but didnt lakers have an "easy" schedule last year and screw it all up?

totally forgot, but its believable that the league would be so favorable to the lakers (what a pitty)
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Good point... They went right after Sac and, ofcourse as what would be easily anticipated bailed on the back end of the back to back against the Clipps. It wouldn't have mattered who was on the back end of that contest anyway they were going to lose but, this contest with Boston is truly frightening. They lacked any fire until it was to late.

Is anyone else reminded of the "BLing BLIng" in the declining years by this silliness?

"BLIng BLIng" made the playoffs on their worst years...

I would take comfort in the fact that we get a lottery pick at this point if it wasn't for (1) the draft sucks this year (feel free to prove me wrong if I'm off base here) and (2) We'd have to totally suck (be in the worst 10 records) or get lucky to get a top 3 pick to get decent enough talent with that pick.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject:

Our remaining schedule is anything but easy! We may be at home, but the games are against the likes of , the pistons, spurs, suns & T-wolves. And not to mention we have a few mini road trips left too. We will be lucky to just finish with a .500 record.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject:

This late in the season we are what we are. A 500 team. is that good enough to make playoffs? If we dont does Mitch get fired for Jim? Do we have to blow up team and rebuild? Questions at the beginning of the season I never thought I would be asking this late
Kobster
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

I knew we were going to be just as good as last year. Phil can only change so much. When you don't have enough talent, you just don't win a lot of games. Its not Kobe's fault its not PJ's fault. This team besides Kobe just does not fit together whatsover! Kobe and PJ need major help.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

Its amazing that we enter another of season needing to blow up and rebuild. I mean who do we keep?
Kobe
Mihm
RT
Bynum
thats it. Kobe and Mihm are the only starters
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: