what is this trend of going away from kobe in the 3rd and losing leads in the 3rd?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
the point is to win. at any costs.
That is a FAN talking, the point to a successful organization, is LONG-TERM success.

Quote:
would you be happier inside if the lakers missed the playoffs, but did it by having 30% shooting games because they were playing team ball?
I'm fine with short term losses, as long as the wins come in BUNCHES, my advice to you is, stay out of the stock market, you may hit some short term, low yield winners, but long-term, you're going broke!

Quote:
screw that. just get it done. if people aren't going to step up, then move out the way and let people step in front of them and don't complain about it.

la la la we should hold hands and sing cumbaya as we play perfect, harmonious team basketball.. you people make me sick. WIN OR GO HOME.
Go join the Clippers' bandwagoners, or the Heat, sure, they'll make the playoffs, but the attitude of grab everything possible, long-term chemistry be damned will NEVER yield a 3-peat!
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Long term goals are nice but not when you don't plan on keeping the core together.

This core, with the exception of Kobe, will probably be scrapped in the offseason, so why do we care at all whether they improve in the long run or not?
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject:

that is my entire point.

this team IS NOT set up for the long term.

it's going to be completely taken apart this summer.

that's why we should at least try to have some kind of short term success, since nobody's going to be here for the long haul.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Either that or tank.

I'd rather tank the season than give our probably decent pick to the Celtics.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Long term goals are nice but not when you don't plan on keeping the core together.

This core, with the exception of Kobe, will probably be scrapped in the offseason, so why do we care at all whether they improve in the long run or not?
Interesting take, with absolutely NOTHING to back it up. What was the OP's subject? Playing a line-up, sans Kobe, for long stretches? Maybe scouting the current roster to see who is or is not worth the long-term investment? Also, since Mitch is still going to be Laker GM, how is he going to make the deals to scrap the roster in ONE off-season? I thought he was unable to close ANY deals.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
shnjb wrote:

Interesting take, with absolutely NOTHING to back it up. What was the OP's subject? Playing a line-up, sans Kobe, for long stretches? Maybe scouting the current roster to see who is or is not worth the long-term investment? Also, since Mitch is still going to be Laker GM, how is he going to make the deals to scrap the roster in ONE off-season? I thought he was unable to close ANY deals.

You're right.
But sometimes even I pretend to be an insider to make myself feel better.

But seriously, I can only hope that drastic changes are coming.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Either that or tank.

I'd rather tank the season than give our probably decent pick to the Celtics.

If you're going to tank, do it when there's a blue chipper in the draft like next year. It's called Spurring the record.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: