LG - Thanks and Farewell
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: LG - Thanks and Farewell

Hey LakersGround,

Over the past few years I’ve watched the site continue to grow and reach new heights -most recently setting a new record for most users online at one time, continually higher posts / day and site traffic, etc.-. It’s truly been an honor and pleasure being a part of it all. I’ve been on the site for 6 years, and its been an awesome experience –posting in all the debates, Just the Quotes, Just the News, moderating, kicking back and joking around, etc.-. Unfortunately, I’ll be leaving this site as a moderator and poster. As I have increasingly shifted more focus and time into other parts of my life and career, I have been unable to contribute to the site as consistently as I once did. The LG Site Staff know how much I enjoyed moderating and helping maintain and shape this board, the posters of this site know how much I enjoyed all of our debates, conversations, and fun times. As I continue to move forward with other endeavors, I know that my presence here would be sporadic at best unless I compromised time in other areas which I can’t do, and so decided almost a year ago to leave the site. I notified DB months ago, but held off on making it official as everyone was in a bad mood following the sweep and lockout doldrums. Post lockout I was ready to make it official, and then we were hit with the CP3 Veto fiasco and LO trade, which I’m sure has made the timing much better now heh. C’est la vie.

But I would rather focus on the more important point, which is, my gratitude towards the LG Community. I wish it was possible for me to name and thank each member individually, all the posters who have made this experience as great as it was, unfortunately that’s not feasible. You could be someone who I hardly conversed with, a newer member, a vet who I shared numerous private messages with, went to battle with or against in threads ranging from the Dark Days to as recent as Darth’s Veto, but it was all part of the LG experience that I will forever cherish. And I thank you all for that. A special shoutout and thanks to the LG Site Staff for selecting me as a mod. The OG’s (Jason, Faxdata) for creating the site. The gone, but never forgotten, Phil Allen (by the way, for those who don’t know, LG is lucky to have his niece, Cha*n on this site, and her contributions). The two posters who have known me the longest on here -- LG Brother, LS. LG Wifey, HC.

The cliché is “it’s just a message board”. Sure, on its face, it’s true. It's just a website, an online hangout spot. However, many of you have come to realize over the years that LG is more than just a run of the mill message board when you spend countless hours posting about the latest game, staying up late watching those West Coast games despite being on the East Coast, or for some not even being in the country, only to add another hour or so waiting for the latest Thoughts and Ratings by the legendary DB, or waiting to see the fantastic LG Multimedia team post highlights of the game you just saw, or getting sucked into the popular multipage thread(s) for the night. No, LG is not simply just a message board. That’s selling it short. It’s a phenomenal community, an incomparable sports message board experience.

As a Laker fan who isn’t from LA, this was THE go to place for me, and was glad to be a part of it all. We went from the Dark Days, Nuclear Kobe, One Rebound Away, LO War, The Summer of Do Something and Do It Now, The Youth Emerging, The Gasol Gift That Kept on Giving, One Year Early Heartbreak, Back to Back Redemption, Do it Mitch to Jim Buss is a Moron, The Running on Fumes Flameout, to the present Great Unknown. And we all know those are only bullet points for the Lounge –nevermind all the other forums- as we went through every discussion possible over the years. Good times, bad times, hilarious times, sad times, all of the above. We went through it all, together, and that’s what made it special.

We have great ownership, site staff, multimedia team, post-game coverage, and most importantly, what really makes this site what it is, the best fans of any sports message board. And it’s only fitting as we also support the best franchise in all of sports.

Again, thanks, everyone. Happy Holidays and as always, Go Lakers. Cheers.

(If anyone wants to contact me, I can be reached at tonyalmeida AT lakersground.net, would certainly be cool to hear from you).

Take care,

TA

Last edited by Tony Almeida on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject:

Volt.

Say it aint so Tony...

I must say that I enjoyed your time here on LG especially your insight into the game. LG will be a lil less awesome without you around. Happy Trails.

!...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject:

Sorry to hear that Tony. The site will definitely feel your loss.

All the best i your future endeavors.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject:

Sorry to see you go Tony.

You'll be missed around here. That's for sure.

Good luck.
mttbk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject:

Thanks for everything. This is a great site and you will always be a part of that. Thanks
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject:

Best of luck TA!
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject:

Wish you the best man!

Your VLF post will always remain in my heart!!!!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject:

TA - hope you can still pop in now and then. Best of luck in your present and future endeavors and thank you very much!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject:

First Kobe4Prez left us, and now you too?

Seriously, good luck with what you're moving on to, but make sure you stop by occasionally, if only to keep in touch. As you alluded to, this is more than just a message board, it's kind of like a neighborhood bar, and you are one of the regulars I am always happy to see.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject:

I know you will bring the same intelligence and patience to whatever your new endeavors may be.
Good luck Tony.
And Thanks.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject:

Great... another Clippers fan.

J/K Good luck with all your future endeavors! I don't know why you can't check in from time to time, but you'll be missed.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject:

LG won't be the same without you TA.

Best of luck, thanks for everything!
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Kobe's going to get a win tonight for you. Thanks for all the hard work; you moderated with the best of them.
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Thank you TA for all your contributions to LG over the years. You will be missed around here. Good luck with your future endeavors. Stop back in and say hello from time to time.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject:

TA's been planning this for a while and I haven't been looking forward to trying to fill his shoes. I don't think it's possible. You guys don't get to see all the behind the closed doors work and moderating that goes on, but he did a tremendous job and made the site much better.

His skills and knowledge will be missed, but he's also a good guy that the LG fam is losing, too.

And, indeed, we will Volt this thread when done. Tony's a Hall Of Famer, for sure.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Sorry to see you go...

But I'm sure you'll cave and start posting again when we're in the Finals.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I blame Jack Bauer for this.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
I blame Jack Bauer for this.

No, it's those damn bastards in the CIA who killed Tony's wife. He's got to care of those bastards.

Tony,

Best of luck. We'll miss you, but no one ever leaves LG. Y'all come back. Everyone ! I look forward to reading posts of yours in the future.

And thanks for the work you put in for LG.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject:

What would the chat room version of raising a jersey to the rafters be?

(I guess that's what this thread is)

In any case, TA you've been an invaluable component to this site and from the bottom of my heart I wish you good health, success and prosperity in all your future endeavors.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject:

One of my favorite posters on this site. I always looked forward to reading your takes Tony. I hope it's not a permanent goodbye.
slaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Great post...

Thanks for everything and good luck...

Now I know who's to blame (partially at least) for all those nights when I look at the clock to discover it's 2:30 am or something!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject:

You're really going to be sorely missed, Tony. I always enjoyed reading your take on all things basketball and otherwise over the years. Hope you stop by when time allows. Good luck with your "real life" endeavors.

(we should really have a banana blowing a kiss because I'd put that one here too)
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject:

What!!?
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Life outside LG?? What the (bleep) is that???

Peace out, brother man.

You may not be posting here as much anymore, but I'm sure when you get the chance, you'll sneak a peak back here every now and then... and I'm sure you'll see the same old arguments and complaining and over-ractions as always!

Good luck with your "non-LG" life (Whatever the hell that is!)
You'll be missed.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Aww man. While I have little doubt that LG will keep running like a well oiled machine fueled by the ghost of Sasha's machine ghost in the machine, you will most definitely be missed around here. Thank you Tony, for all the time you put in to make this a great place to visit. Best of luck.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: