Equal Opportunity Hate... Good Job Kobe.. nice ROOKIE MOVE on defense...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quadlob
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Kobe can't win for nothing with you guys!

Some people are never satisfied. Let me get this strait, Kobe is an overhyped def. player? lol... How quickly we forget! wasn't it just the other day that he had 10 steals in a game. He already has to carey the offensive load. except when once every blue moon when Odem, Cook or D. George showe up. Sometimes when I read peoples comments I often wonder if they've even played organized basketball as well as sports at all. This is the NBA! if you think that anyone can stop anyone in the league 1 on 1 you are not being realistic. Kobe's as good as it gets as a defender... but if you think he's gona stop another player without getting burned every once in a while you are crazy. As a def. player your goal is to make the off. player do something they are uncomfortable doing. You also should be getting help from your teamates? The charactoristics of a defensive stopper: You need to be tough mentaly & hard nosed, you need to be willing to work hard hustle, and you need to pick your spots to take chances. If that doesn't discribe Kobe then I don't know what does! you guys are getting to be like the media... He just can't win with you guys!
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe can't win for nothing with you guys!

quadlob wrote:
Some people are never satisfied. Let me get this strait, Kobe is an overhyped def. player? lol... How quickly we forget! wasn't it just the other day that he had 10 steals in a game. He already has to carey the offensive load. except when once every blue moon when Odem, Cook or D. George showe up. Sometimes when I read peoples comments I often wonder if they've even played organized basketball as well as sports at all. This is the NBA! if you think that anyone can stop anyone in the league 1 on 1 you are not being realistic. Kobe's as good as it gets as a defender... but if you think he's gona stop another player without getting burned every once in a while you are crazy. As a def. player your goal is to make the off. player do something they are uncomfortable doing. You also should be getting help from your teamates? The charactoristics of a defensive stopper: You need to be tough mentaly & hard nosed, you need to be willing to work hard hustle, and you need to pick your spots to take chances. If that doesn't discribe Kobe then I don't know what does! you guys are getting to be like the media... He just can't win with you guys!

That must have been in highschool, because Kobe's career high is 7.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Your a funny guy. I dont think paul pierce last night was uncomfortable at all. Its not just a one time thing. Look at the past three games if you want and you'll see. HE IS OVERRATED.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Purplereign34 wrote:
Kobe was shutting down superstars like Ray Allen and Vince Carter earlier in the year. I don't know what happened to his D. I don't blame him tho, he has to carry this team on his back on offense, so he gets tired on defense.

Fatigue probably plays a big part of it.
the way Kobe has had to play the last couple of seasons just to get the Lakers to be roughly a .500 team is probably adding an extra 1/2 season of wear on him each year.

in other words, the last 2 seasons probably cost about the equivalent of 3 seasons wear on him. So, no real suprise he starts running down in the last 20 games or so of each season
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Purplereign34 wrote:
Kobe was shutting down superstars like Ray Allen and Vince Carter earlier in the year. I don't know what happened to his D. I don't blame him tho, he has to carry this team on his back on offense, so he gets tired on defense.

Fatigue probably plays a big part of it.
the way Kobe has had to play the last couple of seasons just to get the Lakers to be roughly a .500 team is probably adding an extra 1/2 season of wear on him each year.

in other words, the last 2 seasons probably cost about the equivalent of 3 seasons wear on him. So, no real suprise he starts running down in the last 20 games or so of each season

No thats not the reason. He just is lazy. I have seen a possesion were he does his standing D thing they shoot make it or miss. Smush got the pass, passes right to Kobe and Kobe runs down the court looking fine trying somehow to shoot. It's laziness to play D. I love his game, but this is really annoying me.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

is this the bottom?

can we sink any lower?
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Kobe looked fatigued, maybe he got high with Kwame, Smush, LO and Mihm, they all played stoned it seems.

ha...kobe still busts for 40.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:

In all honesty, I think the pressure, and frustration, finally got to Kobe, and he made one of those "knee-jerk" reactions... I think Cook was there, and he could have come over harder, to help... Still, Cook was there, and Kobe should have trusted Cook. The danger of a foul should have been avoided, at all costs, at that stage.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

gritsandcheese wrote:
karlmalonefan wrote:
Whether it was a bs call or not, the fact remains that it wouldn't have been called at all if kobe had just played him straight up instead of gambling for the steal like a rookie.

How could he have played him straight up when on the last play a pick was set?

Cook was coming up, to front Pierce... Kobe might have expected Cook to shake up Pierce, just enough, for the steal attempt... Still, that's too much gambling, at that stage of the game... Should have just fronted him, with good fundamentals, and put a hand in his face... Kobe and Cook should have just switched up. Kobe could have gone for the possible rebound.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject:

In all fairness the refs helped Pierce out quite a bit last night. He was ridiculously getting every call like he was Jordan in his home building. At the beginning of the 3rd quarter Kobe got hit with 2 horrible ticky tack fouls 30 feet away from the basket. After that he had to back off and that really hinders the defense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: