Will We Be Slumpbusters Once Again Tonight?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Will the lakers perform tonight?
The Lakers play harder at the prospect of dropping below .500. Expect a blowout.
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
They will play a sloppy game but will still pull it out. Expect career numbers for some Magic scrub.
28%
 28%  [ 6 ]
We will make the Magic look like a playoff team. We lose (This better not happen)
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Both teams are sloppy but the Magic pull it out. (This better not happen)
14%
 14%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Will We Be Slumpbusters Once Again Tonight?

Unfortunately, the magic have lost 8 road games in a row.

What is it about us that makes struggling teams look like playoff teams? Do we take them lightly or what? Also, which Magic bench player goes for a career night tonight?

Tonight is a must win.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
pokoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject:

Sounds like another perfect streak for us to bust!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Warlord23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject:

Lakers should win. Wonder if Orlando will play both their 20-year olds (Howard and Darko) together.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

I think what happens in these games against lower-tier teams is, Phil puts bench players on the floor in more pressure situations to, hopefully, push them along a little quicker. He knows that, as long as the Lakers remain relatively close, Kobe can pull out 75-80% of the games in the fourth.

I doubt we'll see a lot of that tonight, Phil wants to retain the 8th seed, and certainly wants to maintain a /500 of better record.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers get blown out on their home court. But it better not happen.
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if the Lakers get blown out on their home court. But it better not happen.

They better not, they better not
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject:

I would love to see some minutes with Darko, Howard, Bynum, and Turiaf all on the floor together. See the future now.

As for the poll, I voted for a Laker blowout (the good blowout, not the bad blowout). But if we learned anything about this team, the only constant is that they are inconsistent.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject:

I remember i made a topic about these kinds of situations. sorry, i say lakers lose. They've ended everybody else's losing streak before. why should it be any different.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: