My Thoughts On The Game Last Night (I was front and center)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warm Fuzzies
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject:

I think Kobe yells at the refs, because besides Sasha no one else cares about the calls/lack of calls. If the refs dont notice anyone getting on them, then they will continue to make bad calls. Odom just looks at the refs and smile, and so does everyone else. The refs are happy when they dont have to explain calls, because it makes their jobs easier. I think Kobe and the Lakers need to get as many calls right in their favor as possible, so I dont mind Kobe jawing at the refs if they're not doing their jobs.
jmark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject:

Brown sounds like the kid who always blames someone else for his problems. Sad. He has a great build and could be good if he listened and worked hard at his game. He has no self drive. He is already a multi millionaire and has done nothing in the NBA. Too bad you don't get paid for performance.......As has been said many times, all he needs to do is rebound, play D and dunk the ball. Problem is you must catch the ball first......
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
indestrukt wrote:
Funny that you mention Phil getting on Lamar and Smush. I saw him getting on Kwame after one horrible lapse on defense. Kwame sat down and muttered something back that irked Phil enough to the point that he got right in his face and bellowed "What did you say?!" right before FSN faded to commercial. Midget brain to go with his midget hands I guess.

You're right. I forgot about that. But the Lamar and Smush was more memorable because it happened in the third quarter.

If you remember at the start of the third, Smush had a turnover and was getting burned by West. Defense was TERRIBLE at the third.

Then Odom got it. Phil would yell in his face and walk away. Finally, when Odom got benched, he seemed like he was going to walk off.

In the end, something worked because they came out and did well at the start of the fourth.
Yeah, our whole starting front line suffered the humiliation of being benched in favor of the rookies and scrubs who proceeded to outplay them and bring us back from a big deficit. Woke them up...good for Phil. That was way overdue.

BTW I was wondering about Andrew not getting any playing time, too. He might have been a deterrent to all those easy layups, might have gotten some blocks, and could definitely help with the rebounds...also, he might have helped with scoring, seeing as how there was no one out there any where near his size...come on phil, time to start thinking about next year...Andrew and Ronny need PT.

I agree that Lamar is best in the post...I wish phil would realize that. he doesn't have the outside shot to play on the perimeter. he isn't a threat from there...we're just helping the other team's defense playing him in that role. Kobe should be on the perimeter, LO down low fascilitating from there like shaq did. LO gets double teamed in the post...he'd be just as effective from there as kobe is...imo.

Last edited by karlmalonefan on Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject:

ballermarvin05 wrote:
yea i was at the game there too last nite....a celtic fan was getting on my nerves ....Lakers could have had that game but that dumb ref gave the celtics the game with the free throws at the end which i dont think was a foul....but i was wondering at the end after pierce missed the second free throw if there was suppose to be a couple seconds put back on the clock after the lakers called a timeout? If there was three seconds left Kobe would have had a better chance to get a better shot off. Man those stupid referres piss me off with all the nonsense fouls they call against the lakers. But man the Lakers missed some big free throws late in the fourth which i had a feeling it would cost the lakers the ball game
That's not what cost the lakers the game, poor play the whole game did...come on...blaming the refs is a cop out.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Nice posts Ocho and 4Life

It is always great to get a feel for the verbal stuff that you hear when you are near the court and never pickup on TV

Sounds like according to Ocho the fans were getting on Kwame a bit. Not sure he is the right mental makeup for that, but at this point maybe it is time for some tough love. You usually don't hear Laker fans getting on their own players at home.

It sounds like maybe some of "The Boobirds were out" at Staples!

I really wish they would'nt do that...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

Warm Fuzzies wrote:
I think Kobe yells at the refs, because besides Sasha no one else cares about the calls/lack of calls. If the refs dont notice anyone getting on them, then they will continue to make bad calls. Odom just looks at the refs and smile, and so does everyone else. The refs are happy when they dont have to explain calls, because it makes their jobs easier. I think Kobe and the Lakers need to get as many calls right in their favor as possible, so I dont mind Kobe jawing at the refs if they're not doing their jobs.

It didn't help though did it? Val Palmer proceeded to make that bull (bleep) call on Kobe to make sure we lost that game. On court diplomacy is an art and, if your not working it to a desired effect it may be best to let it go sometimes.

I do agree that you have to work the officials just to keep em alert to things but, there is a fine line between communication and, antagonization..
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

lakertim wrote:
msb212 wrote:
thumpinghead wrote:
msb212 wrote:
at one point, Kobe said somehting to Violet in the 2nd or 3rd quarter...kobe walked away and violet let out a "DAMMMMN, Kobe!" and shook her head. From that point on she had it in for him.

what r u talkin about? who is violet? and what do you mean...had it in for him????

lol

umm, Violet is the name of the female referee who made the game-losing call against Kobe.

There's no proof she is actually female or a referee.

Actually there is proof she's a ref. She makes calls when she is the farthest ref from a play based on someones flailing arms and not based on actually seeing the play. Prooves she's a current NBA ref. That last call was a story of it's own.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
ballermarvin05 wrote:
yea i was at the game there too last nite....a celtic fan was getting on my nerves ....Lakers could have had that game but that dumb ref gave the celtics the game with the free throws at the end which i dont think was a foul....but i was wondering at the end after pierce missed the second free throw if there was suppose to be a couple seconds put back on the clock after the lakers called a timeout? If there was three seconds left Kobe would have had a better chance to get a better shot off. Man those stupid referres piss me off with all the nonsense fouls they call against the lakers. But man the Lakers missed some big free throws late in the fourth which i had a feeling it would cost the lakers the ball game
That's not what cost the lakers the game, poor play the whole game did...come on...blaming the refs is a cop out.

You're probably right but during the third quarter, they were calling everything against the Lakers. In the first few minutes, the Lakers had like four fouls on them.

Fans were really yelling at the refs.

During one play, when the Celtic had the ball in the 3rd quarter, Brian Scalabrine gave George a hard screen right in front of Phil and pushed him, there was no call.

When that ref ran back, Jack Nicholson stood up and started yelling at him big time when he ran past.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: