Dwight Howard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Howard will be the next big thing. Id trade a combination of anyone on our team except for Kobe to get him.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I'd make that trade in an instant.
stojan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject:

howard will be the best big within 2 to 3 years, id trade any1 bar kobe for him, oh and for evryone questioning orlando's motives for tading francis u will find out in the offseason how good that really was.

"I don't have the first clue who he is talking about, because all I worry about is Jerome."
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

You're not an idiot Mas. Always trade potential for reality. Too bad Howard's not a Knick... we could get him for slava and mckie!
loseyourname
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

DidierUniversity wrote:
The Magic the past 5-6 years have had 4 different GM's. The one that traded Ben for Hill was one, trading T-Mac was done by another, trading for Darko was done by two others.

Jeez, never mind then. In that case, I have no idea what to think of their GM. But whoever he is, he isn't trading Howard. I don't even think he'd trade him for KG or Amare or even Duncan right now, since they can keep Howard and sign a big free agent and have a core just as strong as any of those single players for the next 6-7 years at least.
DidierUniversity
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject:

loseyourname wrote:
DidierUniversity wrote:
The Magic the past 5-6 years have had 4 different GM's. The one that traded Ben for Hill was one, trading T-Mac was done by another, trading for Darko was done by two others.

Jeez, never mind then. In that case, I have no idea what to think of their GM. But whoever he is, he isn't trading Howard. I don't even think he'd trade him for KG or Amare or even Duncan right now, since they can keep Howard and sign a big free agent and have a core just as strong as any of those single players for the next 6-7 years at least.

The Magic should definitely not trade him, but if you look at the Magic history they tend to lose their players one way or another. I just hope they dont mess this one up. It took them 12 years to get another shot at a great big!
Warm Fuzzies
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject:

jcolayco wrote:
Hey Mashta,

If I were you, I will not give up Andrew Bynum for Dwight Howard. Are you crazy to give the potential center like Andrew Bynum? Me, myself, I will give up Lamar Odom, Kwane Brown, Slava, and maybe draft pick. Never give up on Andrew Bynum ever!!!! He has so much talent in the whole nine yard. Don't get me wrong, I know Dwight Howard is a good ball player and I have seen him in the highlight of the college career and some highlight in the nba games. There are some people out there are no patience with Andrew and give this kid a break man!!! God!!! Let this kid play about three more years and you will regret what you see, if you traded this kid away. I believe in this kid Andrew Bynum in 100% in for the Lakers in the rest of his career.

College career? Explain that please.Howard never went to College

As far as the thread goes. I would really like to take that deal, but I dont know if the magic would accept it. No offense but your friend is an idiot. Based on what he said about Howard being the next Slava. I dont think Slava EVER posted a monster double double that D. Howard posts almost night in and night out. Your friend's argument about the elevator freak accident is stunted, because that can happen to ANYONE. So his argument is flawed. I would love for this deal to happen, but I dont know if the Magic would even consider trading their franchise away for Odom+potential.

BTW: They already have Fran Vasquez and Darko(another potential) I doubt they'd want Bynum in the first place.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject:

Give me Howard and their 1st rounder this year (currently a top 5 pick) for Odom and Bynum and I'd seriously consider pulling the trigger.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject:

Since everyone here seems to be living in fantasyland let's think about a combination of Howard and Bynum playing together with Kobe. Trade Odom, Kwame, draft picks etc. for Howard but keep AB. That might make some sense. But giving up Odom and AB is not realistic.
Warlord23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:

Howard is putting up 15.5/12.5 @ 52% FGP at the age of 20. 5-6 years from now, he'll be a top 3 big man in this league. Basically the next Duncan.

LMAO at some of the homers who won't do this trade because of Andrew Bynum! Granted that Bynum is just 18, but Howard at 19 (last year) put up 12/10 @ 52% FGP. How many of you think Bynum puts up those numbers next year when he turns 19?
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
You're definitely an idiot.

u think is not a good deal man ?

No, I don't think it's a good deal at all. We either trade Odom or Bynum for him, but not both in the same deal.

at 20 he's already leading the league in rebounds. the guy is gonna be a superstar in his league

Bynum is a "maybe" and lamar after 7 years is an underachiever

Dwight is for real
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

i can't believe some people really think andrew bynum is going to be better than 15 and 12 in his 2nd year.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/broadband/orl-spt-magicpreseason2005,0,3724315.photogallery?coll=orl-multimedia-photo&index=49
Warlord23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

^^ Damn that's some athleticism for that size. Did I say next Tim Duncan? Make that the next David Robinson.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

It's funny that a lot of people here constantly berate mitch and say they could do a better job, then turn around and say they wouldn't do this deal.

The Lakers would and should do this deal in a heartbeat - though the Magic would never be this stupid.

Howard is at 20 years old averaging 15.6 PPG and 12.5 RPG. He is built like a tank, has a great attitude and will continue to develop his offensive game. He is a rare, gifted athelete and will dominate the NBA for the next decade.

While I love Bynum, he hasn't demonstrated near the ability, knowledge of the game, or potential of Howard. Howard is real today, with Bynum, we hope he gets to Howard's current level in a few years. I'll take the sure thing in Howard any day of the week.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
But giving up Odom and AB is not realistic.

it isnt enough either.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

On paper, you have to do that deal.

But then again, I don't see Bynum in practice. I would hate to see him actually become the player that he is in practice or with KAJ.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: