3-point plan to begin the rebuilding of Lakers on 1540 The Ticket
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 3-point plan to begin the rebuilding of Lakers on 1540 The Ticket

Mike@LG wrote:
sportsgod wrote:
1. Fire Mitch Kupchack

2. Strip Jim Buss of all basketball duties

3. Hire Sam Presti as the new General Manager.

Presti is the assistant GM of the Spurs and their director of player personnel. He's credited with finding Ginobili and Parker and is regarded league wide as a star in the making. The Spurs are the model franchise in terms of winning championships while still remaining at the salary cap and some NBA executives feel Presti is as responsible as R.C. Buford and Greg Popovich for the team's success.

The best part? He's only 29 years old and could be here for years.

Feel free to call in today and give me your thoughts. 800 770-1540, 4-7PM PDT.

Thoughts. If Presti is the new GM, can I be a video coordinator, or better yet, scout?

I'm with you mike, and when you get the job please reward my butt-kissing with tickets
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Seriously I have to agree with everyone that Mitch is not cutting it. I heard there are where other possible deals scenarios that we still could of scored Artest on the team with out the price of Lamar Odom. Shoot some people think Lamar's better off getting traded for Artest. Even when the Lakers shut down that coice that Lamar was locked on the team. I feel the Lakers could of got rid of numerous of players for Artest. I mean when it comes down to it Mitch is not producing. His style of G.M is seriously up to par with the excellence that Lakers basketball is all about. Phil and Kobe are ready to bring this organization back high autority. The years are ticking. Phil is only locked for another 2 years after this. Kobe is still young at 27 but before you know it he's 34 and that is the finals years so we better get moving with a fresh start.
Edienstag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
Edienstag wrote:
RMurphy_22 wrote:
You guys are blowing are problems way out of proportion, give the team time. (more than 2 seasons).

lol

What do you mean more time? Nobody is expecting anything close to even a championship now. Not the WCF. Just some effort and improvement and most importantly, smart basketball.

Eh? They HAVE improved, but they are inconsistent; it also takes a long time to get the offense they are learning.

Evidently my being a die hard Laker fan since 1983 hasn't taught me anything. I wish I shared your assessment that they've improved, I think w/ Kwame not only have they not improved, but they've regressed.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject:

lakertim wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Mitch is a figure head...

The SECOND you guys figure that out will be the SECOND you stop calling for his head...

Everything that's going on is based on Dr. Buss' plan...not Mitch. Not Jimmy...

So if you have gripes, look to the top, not the scapegoat...

Nicely put, but not the answer that will appease the mob.

Poor Mitch, Sign him to a lifetime contract. Afterall he is just a figurehead.
:roll:
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject:

gill2k wrote:
I agree with all of 'em. In regards to the 3rd post, the Spurs front office is the best in the league at acknowledging talent and acquiring them to play within the context of Pop's coach. Get one of 'em here and I swear they'll do a much better job than Mitch in an instant.

That is assuming ownership treats the front office the same with both the Lakers and Spurs. I don't know about the Spurs, but Buss makes the final decisions for the Lakers. If the Spurs FO and ownership have a different relationship, their FO could come to the Lakers and fail.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject:

kawai442 wrote:
re4ee wrote:
OH, yeah! turn the MAJOR decision making to a talk sports radio host, priceless.

It's actually happened before. Fred Claire's background was reporting and he was on world series. Pat Riley came from the booth to coach the Lakers.

Of course you look at the Detroit Lions and you can see it can also go terribly wrong.

As for Dave Smith, there is no consistency in the quality of his comments. Some are soooo stupid at times that I wonder if he's just out of ideas and is just trying to fill radio time.
I think he's just trying to stir the pot, prod the listeners into calling in, and playing devil's advocate.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject:

LakerFanOC wrote:
Kwame and Odom are basically on their last chances in the league. If they don't do well here, no one else will want them ever. Why the heck do we always take on these types of players?

Huh? Since when is LO on his last chance in this league? In his last 3 years LO has averaged:

17.1, 9.7, 4.1
15.2, 10.2, 3.7
14.0, 9.3, 5.4

At the age of 26 if you think teams around the league aren't interested in that you're nuts.

Sadly enough, some other team out there will give Kwame another chance too. A guy with that build will continue to get chances even though he has a 5 cent head and 2 cent hands.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject:

Here's MY three point plan.......

1. Get an enforcer ala Oakley or Mason to protect Kobe (my ideas? Danny Fortson, Evans, Artest, JOneal)

2. Give up basketball control to Phil......too many people making different decisions will cause this team to make the WRONG decisions.

3. H.E.A.R.T - play with some.....(Thanks Ronny for playing with heart)
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Oh BTW

Elton Brand telling PJ to call timeout??

Paul Pierce holding up the "BOSTON" in his uni at Staples???

should never happen......Win something first guys, before you clown the Lakers.....Someone needs to knock these fools on their asses (hello Kwame.....develop a mean streak please.)
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Jerry Buss is more likely to follow this 3-step plan:

1) Find a hot Playboy model to sit on his lap in the luxury suite.
2) Turn all basketball operations over to Jimmy.
3) Count his money and 8 championship trophies and conclude that
he had a nice run while it lasted.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

3-Point plan.

1. Aggressively negotiate for a marquee player this offseason. Consistent interior play has lacked all season. If Odom may be in trade, so be it.
2. Utilize the MLE to fill in the talent holes; backup C. Scoring guard with Bryant on the pine.
3. Build from within through the draft. If the draft is too weak, trade for picks in 2007 and 2008 where the talent pool fills up.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
3-Point plan.

1. Aggressively negotiate for a marquee player this offseason. Consistent interior play has lacked all season. If Odom may be in trade, so be it.
2. Utilize the MLE to fill in the talent holes; backup C. Scoring guard with Bryant on the pine.
3. Build from within through the draft. If the draft is too weak, trade for picks in 2007 and 2008 where the talent pool fills up.

now that's what i call a REALISTIC plan.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: