Article, LA TIMES: Turiaf Impresses His Teammates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
psydesho wrote:
kobekillinu2nite please change your avatar. Please

Yes, I agree. I am not too crazy about the NBA version of Brokeback Mountain.

OKOK, I'm working on a new one anywayz, it'll be up in a day or two. Gotta admit it's pretty funny. GAY but .......funny
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

I, like a lot of you I suspect, went to the Lakers/Clippers game and the one thing I loved about Turiaf was that everything excited him. He was always the last one to the bench because he would be on the court encouraging his teammates. He just shows the passion for the game that I only see Kobe have night in and night out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
qreus-76
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

[quote="kobekillinu2nite"]
orwell wrote:
psydesho wrote:
kobekillinu2nite please change your avatar. Please

Yes, I agree. I am not too crazy about the NBA version of Brokeback Mountain.

Me too. That thing is just sickening.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Article, LA TIMES: Turiaf Impresses His Teammates

kobekillinu2nite wrote:
By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
February 27 2006

It was what Ronny Turiaf had waited for, two blocked shots, three points and five rebounds in 14 minutes he will never forget.

The Laker rookie made his first impact in a game since joining the team in January, six months after undergoing open-heart surgery to repair an enlarged aortic root.

ADVERTISEMENT
He played with energy and enthusiasm on a night when the Lakers had little of either in a 112-111 loss Sunday to the Boston Celtics.

He blocked Paul Pierce's shot and converted a three-point play in the final minutes of the third quarter. He also blocked Wally Szczerbiak's attempt with 34.9 seconds to play, preventing the Lakers from falling further behind.

"Like I said when I first got here, I came here to play defense and to hustle," he said. "I just came back from heart surgery. It was a long way, it was a long road. I'm asking for nothing. I'm just trying to step into the lineup, the rotation, try to do something positive."

Turiaf took playing time from Kwame Brown, who sat out the second half and had only two points and four rebounds in 10 minutes.

Laker Coach Phil Jackson approved of Turiaf's progress.

"He just really hasn't shown any signs of not knowing what we're doing," Jackson said. "Kobe [Bryant] was kidding him the other day that he knows more about the game than a lot of guys that have been with us for six months. He's not behind the eight ball at all. He's an intelligent player that is right on speed and seems to know what we're doing."

This absolutely FANTASTIC News!!!! I'm soooo proud of you Ronny!!!!!!
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject:

I just want to say that I hope turiaf plays important minutes for the lakers tonight.

go ronny
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: