Guess who outrebounded the best rebounder in the NBA ....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject:

Wow. A win against Magic.
By all means, let's celebrate like we're the champions.

Nothing wrong with that at all.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
KA_2 all I'm doing is offering counter crap to your continuous crap so whose the most idiotic in this exchange?

I hadn't posted in this thread until the comment you just posted. Unless you're saying you always have me in mind when you post. That's flattering, thanks.

Quote:
You have something that would take a thought process to offer in response?

Yes, and that's that Odom will never truly fit in with the Lakers' game plan. Read, react, defend, are all things Odom can't do at any elite level. Not really even close. He will continue to be an overpaid bust. You, on the other hand, will continue to tell the world why his **** don't stink. But we know it does. Just like we knew Fisher's did.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject:

Mostwanted wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
Odom will finally learn that role and when he does the critics will finally be made to STFU...

He only took 4 or 5 shots unfortunately but, that will change eventually. Meanwhile LO will continue to be superior in the areas where he is not made to think as he is currently in this role that he has never been asked to do in such a complex system. The Lakers know this. They could have just as easily cut him loose on the wing and, made Kobe continue to run the offense. Jackson knows that having that long initiator is key and, the fans will just have to be let to cry until the process is complete.

You are aware that Kobe has been playing ALOT of iniator lately? And Lamar's weakness isn't that he doesn't have the ablity to run the iniator,
his weakness is his inability to run the iniator (getting everyone else involved) as well as himself. (being the second scorer)

He still hasn't come to grips on how to handle all of that.

If not for the offensive pick up from Cook, Smush, Turiaf and Brown his 2-6, 8 point would have been a problem.

Lamar has always been a GREAT rebounder. I am not worried about his rebounding.

Great dunk though.

Amazing that no matter what LO does, it's always the right thing...

All of the good story lines in the game like Darko vs Kwame and Smush playing more aggressive, these guys pick out the REBOUNDING? Which just HAPPENS to be LO's strength???

Yeah, that makes alot of sense...nevermind that LO still can't hit a shot. Nevermind that he sucks as the 2nd best talent on this team. Nevermind that he has FAILED as the intiator. NEVERMIND that SMUSH outscored LO and had more assists than LO...

LO has his moments. But the point of the hate is that those moments are few and far between.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject:

Pappy wrote:
How can you get so excited over inconsistant players like smush, odom, etc. it was against Orlando! doesnt anyone learn there lessons around here?

man this guys will never end their overrating ways with lamar ( who took over the game with a grand total of 8 points ! )
MAJIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject:

LO had his sickest dunk as a Laker , outdoing that baseline burn by Miller cuff reverse dunk last year at the cow palace!!!

SICK!!!
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject:

AreaZeroOne wrote:
I think Kwame can be an all-star.

for god's sake !
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject:

ArrOhBee wrote:
Oh my god!!!...Odom was outscored by Deshaun Stevenson!!!!

Vlade wrote:
Guess which 2nd option was outscored by TEN other players today...

THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject:

Gripe on fellas,gripe on, I frigging love it. Here is the bottom line folks!

Had LO not played the Lakers would have lost...

See if you can run that through the "hate machine," and see if that comes up a negative.

you'll never understand any point from where a fan who loves his team stands. We don't have anything in common haters! All you're going to get from me is resistance from your ugly world! Can you hear me??!!

Where as you guys get up everyday, and whole this team, it's front office, and all of those who have hope for this team in contempt, those of us who are watching a young team grow, and understand what is involved have to continue to field your (bleep)! I like the Lakers! Oh hell yeah! I love every last one of em, and there ain't (bleep) you can do about it. When they struggle, I feel pain! When they triumph, I'm jubilant! Look at you guys! Even when they win you're still talking major (bleep)!

Hey guess what??

Tell that (bleep) to somebody who gives a (bleep)!! I'm to busy enjoying every moment I can!

Now back the (bleep) off!

Last edited by THE_SHOES on Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Had LO not played the Lakers would have lost...

Same with Smush, same with Cook, same with Ronny, same with even Kwame
gastr
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject:

The real Penny died with the Chris Rock puppet. I thought we were trying to improve our defense anyway.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject:

penny is a long defender though. wait, long defenders dont matter. it's all about team defense.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject:

I'm convinced you have a little variable syndrome.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject:

Go ahead bash Lamar.

The fact that he outboarded a physical beast and the leading rebounder in the NBA is so excusable right?

We don't need that sort of thing eh?

Suuuure.

Nevermind, that 3 times Odom had his own shot but gave it to an open man. That's called making your teammates better.

Remove his assists every night convert them to shot attempts and you have a Rashard Lewis type of 18-20 ppg scorer. But that's not Lamar. He's an unselfish guy that wants to make his teammates better. Instead of having 3-5 more FGA's he is looking for 3-5 more assists. Which is why out of starting Forwards he's one of the only guys that has 5+ assists.

Shoes - They also don't get Lamar the ball. Apart from him they have noone that really likes to pass and set up teammates. That's why when it's his turn to score, ussually he won't even get the ball. Teams still aren't paying for putting small guys on Odom enough. What the Lakers need is a veteran PG that knows how to run an offense and that can set up Lamar too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject:

Wolfy I pointed that out in the last game. LO was in the high post calling for the ball and, got ignored. Meanwhile shots were being launched in a "jumper party." The Lakers are still not utilizing the tri properly and, in LO's position it is tough to get many shots unless he goes maverick like Kobe does when he abandons the system. LO contributes where he can, and takes what the offense gives him. The offense from where he is on the floor mainly just gives him jumpers. We've got enough "jumpers" Somebody needs to go to the hole. When this team is all on the same page and flowing correctly LO should be more effective scoring wise. As for now just like you said, LO gives the ball up. As far as I'm concerned in his role last night was textbook. LO set Kwame up perfectly for a slam only to watch him try and, lay it up and miss. LO could have did that his self. WTF?

People jumping all over LO for not scoring could care less about any other element of the game and that is wack. We had a balance last night that was beautiful... The Lakers play that kind of ball, everyday and no matter how much the pissing, and moaning continues they will win!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Wolfy I pointed that out in the last game. LO was in the high post calling for the ball and, got ignored. Meanwhile shots were being launched in a "jumper party." The Lakers are still not utilizing the tri properly and, in LO's position it is tough to get many shots unless he goes maverick like Kobe does when he abandons the system. LO contributes where he can, and takes what the offense gives him. The offense from where he is on the floor mainly just gives him jumpers. We've got enough "jumpers" Somebody needs to go to the hole. When this team is all on the same page and flowing correctly LO should be more effective scoring wise. As for now just like you said, LO gives the ball up. As far as I'm concerned in his role last night was textbook. LO set Kwame up perfectly for a slam only to watch him try and, lay it up and miss. LO could have did that his self. WTF?

People jumping all over LO for not scoring could care less about any other element of the game and that is wack. We had a balance last night that was beautiful... The Lakers play that kind of ball, everyday and no matter how much the pissing, and moaning continues they will win!

That's why Larry Brown loves Odom. Brown knows the importance of having a player that runs the offense and looks for teammates over his own shot. Exactly what LO does.

Did you see how many times he had a shot like 5' from the basket and could have easily just taken a high percentage shot for a score? Instead he chose to pass it to Turiaf, Cook or Kwame so they could get going. Exactly what you want from one player on the team. Ussually it's the PG that's asked to do that, but in the Lakers case we don't really have a true PG. So LO doing that helps out a ton.

And as Phil said - the biggest advantage of him right now is that he can put the ball on the floor immediately after a rebound. The Lakers need to tell Smush, Kobe and Kwame to just run the floor as soon as LO grabs the board. There are 8-10 points that the Lakers are missing by not maxamizing on a player that can put the ball on the floor after a rebound.
irielight
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Odom will finally learn that role and when he does the critics will finally be made to STFU...

He only took 4 or 5 shots unfortunately but, that will change eventually. Meanwhile LO will continue to be superior in the areas where he is not made to think as he is currently in this role that he has never been asked to do in such a complex system. The Lakers know this. They could have just as easily cut him loose on the wing and, made Kobe continue to run the offense. Jackson knows that having that long initiator is key and, the fans will just have to be let to cry until the process is complete.

Agreed. It's all about patience. I was thinking that I want to add to this that if you looked at the stat sheet (except for the rbs) you might say that LO had a subpar game. This is where stats lie. I thought Lamar played a very efficient game last night and had a few players hit the wide open shots he game them (and I'm not talking perimeter jumpers, I'm talking mid-range and closer) he would have had at least 2-3 more assists (this is the same arguement people have in favor of Kobe's assist #'s correct?). LO did a very good job of running the offense, he moved the ball quickly quite often, and there were even a few times where I saw him holding the ball and I wondered why, then I noticed the weak side movement, he waiting for the other guys to get into position, in order to execute the tri effectively. LO is learning, and I can wait for his growth to continue. This is a very young team and LO is no exception.
NoMoreGame7s
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Guess who outrebounded the best rebounder in the NBA ....

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Guess who outrebounded the best rebounder in the NBA ....

I'm pretty sure it wasn't your mom. My guess is Lamar Odom. That was a tough one. Did I get it right?
nesli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

odom jockers
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
KA_2 all I'm doing is offering counter crap to your continuous crap so whose the most idiotic in this exchange?

I hadn't posted in this thread until the comment you just posted. Unless you're saying you always have me in mind when you post. That's flattering, thanks.

Quote:
You have something that would take a thought process to offer in response?

Yes, and that's that Odom will never truly fit in with the Lakers' game plan. Read, react, defend, are all things Odom can't do at any elite level. Not really even close. He will continue to be an overpaid bust. You, on the other hand, will continue to tell the world why his **** don't stink. But we know it does. Just like we knew Fisher's did.

Quote:
KA_2
Star Player

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:37 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE_SHOES wrote:

The only things people will cry over is the Lakers continuing to barely hang onto .500. Though we can always laugh at god-awful armchair analysis like the above crap you posted.

Have you lost your damned mind? Believe me, I can't stand your ass!
There is no way in theeeeeeee hell I would initiate a conversation with you!
I wish to hell you would stay outta my face. We've got some rude individuals around here but KA_2 you're not only rude you've got zip for class as well...
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
AreaZeroOne wrote:
I think Kwame can be an all-star.

for god's sake !

I think Kwame may be able to catch a pass one day. That's about as far as my expectations go.
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Go ahead bash Lamar.

The fact that he outboarded a physical beast and the leading rebounder in the NBA is so excusable right?

Suuuure.

Nevermind, that 3 times Odom had his own shot but gave it to an open man. That's called making your teammates better.

Remove his assists every night convert them to shot attempts and you have a Rashard Lewis type of 18-20 ppg scorer. But that's not Lamar. He's an unselfish guy that wants to make his teammates better. Instead of having 3-5 more FGA's he is looking for 3-5 more assists. Which is why out of starting Forwards he's one of the only guys that has 5+ assists.

Shoes - They also don't get Lamar the ball. Apart from him they have noone that really likes to pass and set up teammates. That's why when it's his turn to score, ussually he won't even get the ball. Teams still aren't paying for putting small guys on Odom enough. What the Lakers need is a veteran PG that knows how to run an offense and that can set up Lamar too.

As usual, I mostly agree with you. However, you can't equate LO with more shot attempts, as a scorer, to Rashard. Rashard spreads the floor with his range and shot. LO, with more shots, just doesn't have the stroke or range to spread the floor. If he took more shots, they would probably just be going to the rack.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

Shoes, don't waste your time.

Did you know Lamar had more rebounds than the rest of the starting lineup?

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
As usual, I mostly agree with you. However, you can't equate LO with more shot attempts, as a scorer, to Rashard. Rashard spreads the floor with his range and shot. LO, with more shots, just doesn't have the stroke or range to spread the floor. If he took more shots, they would probably just be going to the rack.

Oh no doubt Shard wipes the floor with shooting over Lamar, but as an overall scorer the difference is that Lamar will pass up shots in the post and look for an assist instead.

I mean he has oppurtunities where he is very close to the basket in a post up situation and will look for a teammate that's open or has a good look.

So instead of winding up with 4-5 extra FGA's like most forwards do, Lamar will wind up with less FGA's and 4-5 more assists than most forwards. The difference is that instead he will also average 4-6 points less doing that but ofcourse ussually wind up with 5-6 assists.

That was my point.

But with him it's become damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

That's why Larry Brown loves Odom. Brown knows the importance of having a player that runs the offense and looks for teammates over his own shot. Exactly what LO does.

Did you see how many times he had a shot like 5' from the basket and could have easily just taken a high percentage shot for a score? Instead he chose to pass it to Turiaf, Cook or Kwame so they could get going. Exactly what you want from one player on the team. Ussually it's the PG that's asked to do that, but in the Lakers case we don't really have a true PG. So LO doing that helps out a ton.

And as Phil said - the biggest advantage of him right now is that he can put the ball on the floor immediately after a rebound. The Lakers need to tell Smush, Kobe and Kwame to just run the floor as soon as LO grabs the board. There are 8-10 points that the Lakers are missing by not maxamizing on a player that can put the ball on the floor after a rebound.
Great posts, both of you...although I feel Lamar should have taken some of those 5 foot from the basket shots himself...and why don't we look for kwame on the lob more often? he hardly gets any defensive attention at all. He could have 3 or 4 of those per game...and they really seem to help his confidence.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

TG711 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Go ahead bash Lamar.

Suuuure.

That's why Lamar needs to score/ fascillitate out of the post...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: