Kwame has no lift....

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Kwame has no lift....

Have you guys noticed, that when Kwame is in the post and making his move, whether it be a lay up or a jump hook, he has NO LIFT watsoever...but when there is a alleyoop, he get pretty high....Why is this???....is his lower body weak??...i just dont get it...or is it cause he doesn't put enuff effort in his low post moves???
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Kwame has no lift....

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Have you guys noticed, that when Kwame is in the post and making his move, whether it be a lay up or a jump hook, he has NO LIFT watsoever...but when there is a alleyoop, he get pretty high....Why is this???....is his lower body weak??...i just dont get it...or is it cause he doesn't put enuff effort in his low post moves???

It's habit. Kwame has always been a tall kid (He dunked on a visiting Globetrooter when he was in the fifth grade!) and being tall meant there were very few players he couldn't just jump over without much effort, so his natural tendency isn't to try to get up high, because there was never a need. Big man camp should help him with this and other issues.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:

he rushes things.... he releases the ball alot of times before he even jumps.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, do you guys think Kwame is a good athelete? Real question, no sarcasm intended.

I mean, he obviously has a ridiculous beast of a body, but is he not jumping because he never has had to, or is he really not that much of a leaper? Is he supremely agile? Does he have good lateral movement? Is he explosive off the floor?

When I think of great atheletes at the PF position I think guys like Amare, Howard and Matrix (even though he's really a true SF). Should we be thinking of Kwame as more of a ground-bound Karl Malone, Zach Randolph type?
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Kwame has no nothing....
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
Kwame has no nothing....

you are so harsh of a fan, dang, even after a win i read your posts and their all negative...dont you have anything positive to say at all??

Kwame has speed, and speed is very valuable for a bigman to have in this league. When you look at other PF like Howard and J Oneil, Kwame is actually faster then them...Kwame has A Stoudamire like speed, and as Socks pointed out, should play more like Karl Malone: Run and seal, run and seal. Kwame NEEDS to work on free throw shooting bc even if he doesnt have A Stoudamire and Howard like hops, hes so fast and strong he should get fouled if he runs and seals, like Malone.

If Kwame can play aggresive and run and seal and get better at free through shooting, AND hustle for boards...he could be a double double threat everynight...like 9pts and 8rbs is totally in his potential if he keeps his confidence up
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject:

If you've noticed he's a bum. He's a 7 footer that misses lay ups right in front of the basket.
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Kwame has no lift....

LakersChamps04 wrote:

You're right on. I would guess his vertical without the ball is more than a foot higher than with it. A big part of it of it are his jumping mechanics: If you watch him raise up for a lob or a putback, notice how he's always going straight up or leaning forward. Contrast that with his finishing his own post move(s) and you'll frequently see him jumping off the wrong foot, usually jumping flat-footed, and almost always jumping backward or falling away. It's a terrible habit he's developed and it makes it almost impossible for him to finish in traffic without getting his shot blocked or flinging up one of those wild glass-breakers.
lakerMark
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Kwame's problem is coordination, he is always off balance when he is finishing his post move therefore he can't get any lift prior to making the shot attempt so he just throws the ball up and where it goes nobody knows not even Kwame himself. When he faces the hoop and is moving forward he has a little bit more balance but only if he goes straight ahead without any spin moves. I would suggest a ballet class for Kwametta to help out her balance issues.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: