Kobe in the Olympics scares me.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

I think it is a great thing for Kobe to win an Olympic gold medal. It adds a great deal to his legacy. It will be a big punch on those who continuously spread the false accusation that "Kobe is selfish". It also will help the US basketball to regain its best of the world status.

Well, if he has to play for the country, right now is the best time.
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

This thread scares me.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Dakota wrote:
Imagine the recruiting opportunities Kobe will have at practice everyday....

"Yeah Bron, I'm sure Clevland is nice and all but look at these rings..."

"Hey Chris, what's the weather like in Toronto in January? "

"D, you and Shaq work out together in the offseason. Oh wait, nevermind..."

"It's Chris right? Man, I hardly know your name with the lack of attention you guys get in New Orleans, err I mean OKC, err I mean...."

"So Rashard, about your impending FA.....every dream of being Pippen when you were a kid?"

Think positive people, think positive!

Now you're talking.
Coop_21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

I dont see Kobe & the Lakers playing in May and June so 3 summers of playing basketball with other pro's shouldnt be that bad on his legs. Not to mention the potential of courting maybe some future Lakers.
lakersboxershorts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe in the Olympics scares me.

pjiddy wrote:
The guy already has ten seasons on his treads (plus a season and a half of playoff games). Look what's happening with KG, a guy whom the singular burden of carrying a franchise has clearly worn him down. Add the three year commitment to the Olympics and I'm starting to worry about Kobe's legs a few years from now, when Bynum is supposedly gonna rescue the franchise. I don't think it's gonna be soon enough. I know Kobe has the drive, and instinct, and insane physical prep, blah blah blah but so did Jordan. But MJ didn't come straight out of college, had Pip (a guy talented enough to lead a team to 50+ win season by himself) to ease the burden, took a long break at 30, and didn't have to make a serious long-term commitment when he did the olympics. I really hope the Lakers make a move soon because it's unrealistic to expect Kobe to maintain this kind of dominance for more very long.

Grammar. It's a beautiful or ugly "thing".
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject:

I think you all are looking at this from the wrong point of view. I actually think his obligations to the Olympics far exceed his obligations to his team. Remember he is doing this for his country. He's doing this for America.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe in the Olympics scares me.

lakersboxershorts wrote:

Grammar. It's a beautiful or ugly "thing".

Hey, english professor, this is a message board. Have fun parsing everyone's posting for grammar and punctuation errors. By the way "Grammar." is a sentence fragment. Stick to actual arguments and spare us your subtle sense of humor, assuming that's what you were attempting to deploy. And if you want to correct my grammar on this posting, you know where to stick the report, and it's not on this message board.
freshprince
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject:

kobe will not be loggin ridic minutes. we will have bron, wade, prob melo, pierce and others to all share minutes..if remember correctly jordan did not play full games....kob will be fine. he works out like no other in the off-season..he will be fine!
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

It is Kobe's choice. My gosh, if you are going to be mad at someone, it's kupcake. He thinks kobe is going to be here for another ten years.

What an idiot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: