Has anything improved from this team?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Has anything improved from this team?

Just curious, i thought beginning of the season we would've start slow ( which we did ) at somepoint i thought between Feb, March we would play solid basketball.

is it to frustrating to say as the months have gone on we have became worse? we haven't had a solid defenesive stretches since December and now in the worst time ever we're laying a bomb... is it time to admit this team has quit?
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject:

were becoming worser.

it feels like last season all over again. Remeber last year when we lost all of our games in that east road trip(knicks, raptors, ect)? Then ever since that we went downhill...seems like thats repeating. Ever since that long road trip where we lost to the bobcats, nok, and pacers, weve gone in a bad funk.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

The only improvements this year:

1) Kobe's scoring average
2) Post-game interviews by the Lakers head coach
3) Devean George's all around play
4) Lakers TV play by play
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:

luke also showed tonight that instead of deserving 0 mins a game, he deserves 1-2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject:

We are one year closer to the '07 plan (or is it '08 now?)...
:roll:
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject:

umm oo i got one, we figured out how too get the ball too kobe more. , next yea maybe well find out how too play D for at least 3 Quaters. ..and maybe even this..lamar odom might show up every 3 games instead of every 5
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject:

our D had improved, but it has gotten worse as the season has gone on.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:

actually ill, ive realized that D for the most part is overatted. Now read this out before u start saying im stupid. The ppg ,against isnt as important as Point differential, i think thats a true indicator of a team than ppg against.
AV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject:

Actually I think over all we are doing OK, this is only year 2 post Shaq, and we are at least competing for a playoff spot, that's not bad considering we really only have one key player left from that era, DG still provides some support as well, we have some promising rookies, which is always a valuable thing for a team to have, we have one of the greatest coaches of all time. The team talent wise compared to others is pretty weak but we are still in it most games, don't why all the drama...kobe's prime yadayadayada...it takes time......when the Lakers can make moves to really improve things they will...the gamble on Kwame was worth it, he was a number one pick, didn't work out it seems, but hey you have to gamble...the Lakers will be fine...does anyone honestly think that the future doesn't hold more titles?
Aloha
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:

as we watched another close loss... Usually we dont bring 48 minutes and have at least one bad quarter... Yes A Loss is a Loss...

Last year, I must say that watching Butler score was much more exciting at times...However, I do recall us getting blown out alot starting with the 1st Quarter and really being Out of the game...

This year (Kobe) I feel the lakers could come from behind & make it competitive...
As far as Portland, the whole team played bad after Q1.
In Q4- I thought the fouling from K8 was bad, perhaps since he didnt make his shot or a foul called...

...Then Smush was like duhhhhh

On the brighter side of Chick Hearn Ave:
I still rather have PJ than alot of the other coaches. However, I hope the offseason puts us strides ahead.

+Kobe
+Ronny
+Bynum
+George
+Mihm *when he isn't fouling
+Sasha (At times)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: