Laker Nation, We need to stick together!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject:

JD wrote:
For those that see thru hyperbole and have the ability to flip that one around on you... I only ask this...

Then what are you doing here? If things suck ass so bad, turn off your TV, quit logging onto the Internet... and go crawl under a rock.

Thats the thing, we keep watching the Lakers because we still think they can win and we have the hope they could.

it has nothing to do with sucking ass but these guys are playing like they don't care thats what bothers me.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
JD wrote:
For those that see thru hyperbole and have the ability to flip that one around on you... I only ask this...

Then what are you doing here? If things suck ass so bad, turn off your TV, quit logging onto the Internet... and go crawl under a rock.

Thats the thing, we keep watching the Lakers because we still think they can win and we have the hope they could.

it has nothing to do with sucking ass but these guys are playing like they don't care thats what bothers me.

And I again... I quote...

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
We have been sticking together all season long and to tell you the truth up to this point no one has hope.
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
JD wrote:

You said we dont have hope. I dont know about you, but im still eyeing that 6th seed and a first round matchup with denver. we have had plenty of losses, but also many big wins. thats why we are .500. how can you write a .500 team off with 30 games to go in a season??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:

JD, love can't be blind... i love the lakers but i simply see that these players are without any character and pride and that our management did a very bad work... in this moment our only hope is kobe bryant...
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:

yeah...let's stick together...that sounds cool...better than losing and being alone, I guess.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

8750 wrote:
JD, love can't be blind... i love the lakers but i simply see that these players are without any character and pride and that our management did a very bad work... in this moment our only hope is kobe bryant...
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject:

8750 wrote:

Nobody said love had to be blind. But, posting a bunch of hyperbole and thinking it builds some rock solid argument, is a steaming pile of crap. Like I said... it can easily be turned around, with a steaming pile of contrary crap and look just as foolish.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject:

JD -- whats your thoughts on Mitch Kupchak and do you think he can bring us a championship with Trades/Drafts/....??? i would like to hear some opinions from you.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
JD -- whats your thoughts on Mitch Kupchak and do you think he can bring us a championship with Trades/Drafts/....??? i would like to hear some opinions from you.

My thoughts on Mitch, are that he's in a difficult situation with an ownership that doesn't really know what it wants to do, right now. I don't think Mitch has anything to do with it. Its more than likely why West left and had he stayed, you all would be calling for his head also.

Mitch is your scapegoat... and just like Kobe... damned if he does... damned if he doesn't.

As for rings in the future... I see the best player in the league, one of the best coaches to ever coach the game and both are dealing with one of the youngest teams in the league. I don't think Sasha sucks, I don't think Lamar sucks (though his role needs to change). I don't think Bynum is 5 years from having an impact and Kobe will be washed up by then. I think Mihm is still young enough, that he IS going to get better. I don't think Kwame sucks. I think he butters his hands before games, but I give him credit for the things he does do well. Like holding post position against the bigs in this league and being one of the only guys, at this point... that has an inkling of an idea how to play the pick and roll. I don't think Smush sucks. He needs to be knocked upside his thick head and learn/accept his role. He's got the quickest hands and some of the best hand/eye coordination I have seen... but he needs to learn that he can't rely just on that. It takes effort and desire also.

In other words... I don't think they suck. I think they're going through some massive growing pains. Is this the lineup to win it all... no. Pieces are needed, roles have to be better defined and accepted.

But, I have patience. I understand that winning a Championship takes a whole lot of things falling into place... a lot more things than just talent alone. Its take chemistry, experience and a whole lot of luck also.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
JD wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
We have been sticking together all season long and to tell you the truth up to this point no one has hope.

Quit speaking for everyone.

you tell him! if none of us have hope, why are we still on LG?

In fact a lot could be done right here as far as comming together is concerned. This season there has been more hostile exchanges between Laker fans than anytime in the past 5yrs!
A large part of the really active members of the LG community have divided into these "opposing armies"
We really should try and figure out how to coincide peacefully...
Like the author of this thread said. It's a young team... No need to fight about it...
VEN_150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject:

The law of averages will kick in eventually, the laker organization will get sick of being mediocre, see ticket sales dwindle, then make changes: better players, new GM (in the mold of Jerry West hopefully) and the team will get back to being a top flight playoff team - it will happen 'eventually', it just sucks to be seeing the down side part of the curve rigtht now
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

My thoughts on Mitch, are that he's in a difficult situation with an ownership that doesn't really know what it wants to do, right now. I don't think Mitch has anything to do with it. Its more than likely why West left and had he stayed, you all would be calling for his head also.

Mitch is your scapegoat... and just like Kobe... damned if he does... damned if he doesn't.

As for rings in the future... I see the best player in the league, one of the best coaches to ever coach the game and both are dealing with one of the youngest teams in the league. I don't think Sasha sucks, I don't think Lamar sucks (though his role needs to change). I don't think Bynum is 5 years from having an impact and Kobe will be washed up by then. I think Mihm is still young enough, that he IS going to get better. I don't think Kwame sucks. I think he butters his hands before games, but I give him credit for the things he does do well. Like holding post position against the bigs in this league and being one of the only guys, at this point... that has an inkling of an idea how to play the pick and roll. I don't think Smush sucks. He needs to be knocked upside his thick head and learn/accept his role. He's got the quickest hands and some of the best hand/eye coordination I have seen... but he needs to learn that he can't rely just on that. It takes effort and desire also.

In other words... I don't think they suck. I think they're going through some massive growing pains. Is this the lineup to win it all... no. Pieces are needed, roles have to be better defined and accepted.

But, I have patience. I understand that winning a Championship takes a whole lot of things falling into place... a lot more things than just talent alone. Its take chemistry, experience and a whole lot of luck also.

I can appreciate your enthusiasm and positive outlook, but the analytical side of me says that most of those guys just aren't going to get much better, and this team won't either, until there are some moves made...
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
JD wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

I can appreciate your enthusiasm and positive outlook, but the analytical side of me says that most of those guys just aren't going to get much better, and this team won't either, until there are some moves made...

I think they will get better once they get comfortable with the triangle. I mean Kobe was not comfortable at all with the triangle when he was first got in it. He wasn't comfortable at all for 5 years when Phil was here the first time. He's comfortable now with it because he's the 1 option.

What I'm concern with is there defensive concept, because I know Phil doesn't like to double team, but I think these young guys need to know what a double team is and what help defense is, because we are not helping anybody on defense.
showtimelakers04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject:

Its obvious that this team is going nowhere fast. Fans sticking together wont help anything. We all love our team but we have to face reality. This team, talent-wise and chemistry-wise is just terrible. The only reason why we arent battling with NY and ATL for the worst record in the league is because we have kobe and they dont.
Kupchak has surrounded kobe with one of the least talented laker rosters I have ever seen. Our big offseason acquisition was a 7 ft bum who cant catch a pass or make a lay-up. Our 2nd leading scorer only averages 13 PPG. Our starting PG was some random guy mitch grabbed from the development league. Kobe and cook are the only guys on the team who can consistantly hit a open shot. Outside of kobe and maybe devean, there are no solid defenders on the team. This team is just flawed all the way around and if kobe still somehow manages to carry this group into the postseason, he should automatically win MVP because I seriosuly cant think of any other player in basketball who is capable of carrying these guys anywhere near the playoffs
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:

"Laker Nation, We need to stick together!!!"

Would it be o.k. if we lost the Laker Nation notion? I don't really want to be compared to the Raider Nation any time soon.
AV
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject:

I still am enjoying watching this team, they are inconsistent, but it's been a great season in many ways...seeing Kobe go off, surprising rookies etc, sure there are some things that aren't so great, but that will work it's way out...I do think at some point LO gets traded as well as a host of other Lakers, because I don't think the Lakers he is the option at the 4 they want, and to get it LO will have to be moved...unless Turiaff, Brown, or Cook can fill that role....I do think Bynum and Turiaff will develop into good players, how good it's hard to say, but pretty solid...I do think Kobe will play at high level for several more years, nothing is going on to suggest he won't ala T-Mac and the bad back etc, although every player is an injury away from it...it's only been 2 years since our team broke up no need to panic
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
JD wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:

Yes I agree^^
I know the Lakers will be back on top I just think major changes will have to be made--- starting in the front office.
The whole Mitch is a scapegoat thing may be true but then what do you do to fix that? Fire Jerry Buss? Mitch is in the position to take the criticism fair or not the blame has to fall on someone. That is part of the role of being a GM in any sport. You are a highly paid scapegoat, even if you are a figurehaead like some say. What are we suppposed to do just leave him there like the queen of England?
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

The lakers are yet to really show a greater understanding of the tri which worries me. It seems like they run the same sets that are so easy for the defense to disrupt. I worry about the mental capacity of this team, especially Kwame, Smush, LO. Three mentally weak guys IMO arent going to get it done.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
8750 wrote:
yes, think positive!... this team is young... they are learning and improving... we only need patience... lamar is a potential triple-double... kwame will be a 20-10 guy... vujacic will soon be the next steve nash... we only need to play like a team... jackson has nine rings...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: