Passive Kobe is not working
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
RJBaca wrote:
Kobe cannot be aggressive Kobe all year - he will burn out.

Phil knows this.

24 games. That's all we got. Theoretically, I agree with you and Phil. But at what point do you go for broke?? Do we wait until we fall under .500?? Do we wait until one of 3 teams on our butts catches us??

6 of the 24 games are against teams we haven't beaten since the Shaq trade--3 against SA, 2 against Phx, and 1 against Det. Most would say those are automatic losses. Plus we still have Sac 2 more times, Houston (they're chasing us). We have to beat the teams like Portland and Boston, and we haven't been doing it. Saving Kobe from burnout is one thing, but the season is winding down very quickly.

Very true. Kobe will have plenty of time to rest when the playoffs start. Now is the time to lay it all on the line. If Kobe shorts some FT's in the 4th quarter, so be it. Ultimately the guy you have to have some sympathy for is Kobe. I can't imagine the level of frustration he must feel.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
Quote:
How many times have we seen the Lakers get snatched from behind after haveing built 20pt leads?

Not as much as we've seen close "team ball" games get away in the 3rd quarter...

That's just it. What is up with the dreaded 3rd quarter? That has been the Lakers main weakness the whole season!
They play catchup usually after having given up a huge lead only to be followed by desperate attempts to catch up after getting smoked in the third. WTF? Why must that be a daily trend?
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:

What do you guys expect Kobe to do? PJ has clearly put Facilitating back in his hands, look at his rise in asst. So now he is trying/has to set guys up with no offensive game.

He has to be pasiive if not he will be even more exhausted.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
RJBaca wrote:

Phil knows this.

24 games. That's all we got. Theoretically, I agree with you and Phil. But at what point do you go for broke?? Do we wait until we fall under .500?? Do we wait until one of 3 teams on our butts catches us??

6 of the 24 games are against teams we haven't beaten since the Shaq trade--3 against SA, 2 against Phx, and 1 against Det. Most would say those are automatic losses. Plus we still have Sac 2 more times, Houston (they're chasing us). We have to beat the teams like Portland and Boston, and we haven't been doing it. Saving Kobe from burnout is one thing, but the season is winding down very quickly.

Very true. Kobe will have plenty of time to rest when the playoffs start. Now is the time to lay it all on the line. If Kobe shorts some FT's in the 4th quarter, so be it. Ultimately the guy you have to have some sympathy for is Kobe. I can't imagine the level of frustration he must feel.

The resting strategy should end soon.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
RJBaca wrote:

Phil knows this.

Even the playoffs aren' worth risking injury. Kobe would be overextending if he abandoned the current plan. I would rather go lotto than see Bryant get hurt trying to carry the team by himself...
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

Why does everyone keep thinking that the problems are on the offensive end? It's obvious this team has to bring more effort and defend. Stop making bone headed plays. Personally, I think the Lakers play better when Kobe distributes the ball. It is when he has to go for 35+ when the Lakers get into trouble.

These guys just need to show more hustle.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
Why does everyone keep thinking that the problems are on the offensive end? It's obvious this team has to bring more effort and defend. Stop making bone headed plays. Personally, I think the Lakers play better when Kobe distributes the ball. It is when he has to go for 35+ when the Lakers get into trouble.

These guys just need to show more hustle.

I agree if he does go for 35+ it gets them introuble even if he gets 6+ assists. Basically seems like the rest of the team is wondering why should they play defense when they know they aren't going to get rewarded on the offensive end. Because if anything if Kobe is going 35+ points on the offensive end his teammates are watching meaning they aren't really that tired and you would think they wouldn't look flat on the defensive end, but they do.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject:

You can see it more and more. Kobe shaking his head, or looking down after a teamates absolute effe up. Early on he attributed it to learning, but he and PJ's body language make it look like they just cant/wont/dont get it.

It has always been on #8 shoulders but it is clear PJ has said forget those other guys. Do what you do and hopefully the others will step up
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject:

Why doesnt this team play defense? People Kobe has to score 81 for the Lakers to beat the Raptors. Now that I think about it says more about this team than about Kobe incredible ability. This team is pathetic. They shouldve made moves when they had a chance. Kwame sucks bigtime, we couldve got someone better for Caron. Who ever made that decision should crawl into a hole.

These type of games should be stress free for us fans but no we cant even relax for one game against Portland.

I don't like that notion that Kobe has to be passive in the 1st and aggressive in the 2nd. He should play his game and not have to feel like he has to get the other bums involved.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

basically these teamates dont allow Kobe to be Kobe. Not good
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:

gdballa03 wrote:
Guys are getting points...the offense isn't the problem.

Of course, that is true. Offense comes and goes, defense wins games.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Especially down the stretch. Even if you're going to bull (bleep) all game at least in the 4th if you can see that a little defensive effort could get that win and,just go home why not bare down?

How many games have the Lakers lost because the opponet could go down and, get whatever he needed on the Lakers no matter how much time was left on the clock?

That is amazing...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: