OT - Kirelenko & Wife Article To Take Our Minds Off Our Crappy Team
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: OT - Kirelenko & Wife Article To Take Our Minds Off Our Crappy Team

Jazz Notes: Wife gives Kirilenko woman 'allowance'
By Phil Miller
The Salt Lake Tribune

Andrei Kirilenko has been granted restricted free agency - by his wife.
Masha Lopatova, a former Russian pop star who has been married to the Jazz forward for nearly six years, understands the temptation NBA players are faced with as they travel around the country for seven months a year. And she believes that forbidding something only makes it more tempting. That's why, she revealed in a story in the current issue of ESPN The Magazine, she allows Kirilenko an "allowance" of one night per year with another woman.
"What's forbidden is always desirable. And athletes, particularly men, are susceptible to all the things they are offered," Lopatova said before the Jazz's loss to Charlotte on Wednesday. "It's the same way raising children - If I tell my child, 'No pizza, no pizza, no pizza,' what does he want more than anything? Pizza.
"So this is the arrangement that Andrei and I have," she said, adding, in the spirit of openness, that she does not have a reciprocal agreement with her husband. "If I know about it, it's not cheating."
Kirilenko, according to the magazine story written by Salt Lake City freelance writer Chad Nielsen, has no plans to exercise his "allowance."
"Of course it was a surprise," Kirilenko said. "I'm not planning to do anything. But she said, 'If you want to do it, you can do it.' "
Lopatova said she doesn't worry about revealing something so personal, even in conservative Salt Lake City. "Me and Andrei, we're very open people. I barely have secrets. It's not like I'm one person in Salt Lake City and a different person in Moscow. My whole life is on the surface," said Lopatova, a celebrity in Russia who has a 4-year-old son, Fedor, with the Jazz veteran. "I find that people in this country are really interested in athletes and their [families], for some reason. They don't want to know what kind of books I read, but they prefer to know what kind of underwear I wear."
Now that the not-so-secret is out, Lopatova joked in the ESPN story, "Girls will be lining up outside his hotel door."

Kirilenko expects to be back in three days

Kirilenko's back is "getting stronger, but still a little bit sore," he said Wednesday, and the injury forced him to miss his 11th game of the season.
"It's less pain than it was before [when he suffered the same injury in December], but it's weak. So all moves, like up and down, slash or run, make me weak," Kirilenko said as he arrived at the Delta Center

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for treatment. "In December, it was much worse. Right now I feel much stronger, but it keeps me out of any moves."
His expectation for being able to play again? "Three days, probably," Kirilenko said. The Jazz went 0-3 in December when Kirilenko's back pain first flared up, and they are now 2-9 this season without him in the lineup.
The injury wasn't the result of anything that happened on the floor during Monday's 117-108 victory over Golden State, Kirilenko said. He could feel the soreness coming on that morning, but tried to play anyway.
"I felt the weakness, so I wore [support] belt, worked with massage therapist," said Kirilenko, who played only eight minutes and took himself out of the game at halftime. "I tried to run, then I force myself to run. At end of quarter, I felt like I just couldn't move."

In the same boat as Williams

After using a high draft pick on an experienced college point guard, the coach has had to interrupt the rookie's training in order to play him at the shooting-guard position.
Hey, Jerry Sloan's not the only one.
Raymond Felton has been playing an unfamiliar position alongside veteran Brevin Knight in the Charlotte backcourt, much like Deron Williams has done for the Jazz, and Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff believes the rookie will be the better for it.
"When he goes back to [the point], he has that experience in the offense to draw on," Bickerstaff explained. "The tough part is making the mental transition, but he is learning to handle that."
Mostly, Bickerstaff said, teams with young point guards - and their fans - "have to understand the importance of patience. There's going to be some ups and downs. . . . The feel for the game, all the rest, that will come in time. But I don't think you can rush that."
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject:

raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject:

If only Kobe had those same privileges . . .
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject:

LOL!
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

Cool... no loose ball foul.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Interesting story.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

raffi wrote:

Who's to say he doesn't or the rest of the NBA for that matter agreement or not they do it anyways.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

raffi wrote:

If all men had the same privileges we all would be married.
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

/ where's the obligatory polygamy-mormon joke about people in Utah?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

raffi wrote:

It looks like those Mormon values of polygamy may be rubbing off. If only Doug Crissy was as fortunate .
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:

Pics...
http://www.kirilenko.ru/?lang=eng&chapter=andrey&subchapter=masha

she doesnt look so bad in the pic with the recliner (coincidentally, on her back)
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject:

That's ridiculous. This chick has got ambition and is trying to make a name for herself her in the states. That's why she said that.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
That's ridiculous. This chick has got ambition and is trying to make a name for herself her in the states. That's why she said that.

I think she may have meant it they seem more open minded about this sort of thing in their culture and well its being honest to deny that stuff like that isn't out there is ridiculous.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject:

Crazy. New idea for a late night talk show - Her and Doug Christie's wife deabte politics and lifestyles. I'd watch that show for hours.
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
raffi wrote:

Who's to say he doesn't ...

$5 million dollar ring.
turbulent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:

lucky guy
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:

I think she may have meant it they seem more open minded about this sort of thing in their culture and well its being honest to deny that stuff like that isn't out there is ridiculous.

I understand your point but this ranks up there with Britney Spears making out with Madonna, she did it b/c she knows it will be controversial and she'll get attention for it.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject:

Doug Christie's wife will have a stroke if she reads that.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:

everyone is culture-bound, thats why its a shocking story...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject:

raffi wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
raffi wrote:

Who's to say he doesn't ...

$5 million dollar ring.

Actually it was less than that but seriously you really think Vanessa could stop him? The only way she could stop him is if she latches onto him at every game like Jackie Christie does or leaves him. Since the latter won't happen anytime soon the former well nice to know she's not like that. For all you know they may have an arrangement that she gets something expensive for every extramarital encounter he has. I mean that's not hard to believe either...

I remember an NBA wife mentioning it years ago.
Savory Griddles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kirilenko, according to the magazine story written by Salt Lake City freelance writer Chad Nielsen, has no plans to exercise his "allowance."
"Of course it was a surprise," Kirilenko said. "I'm not planning to do anything. But she said, 'If you want to do it, you can do it.' "

Riiiiight. What's he going to say? "Yeah. I actually just used my allowance last week with a hot asian chick." Dude probably takes advances on his allowance.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:

I understand your point but this ranks up there with Britney Spears making out with Madonna, she did it b/c she knows it will be controversial and she'll get attention for it.

Britney Spears was born and raised in the US. This woman was not. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT cultures. Do not assume everyone shares our values and/or what is morally acceptable.

And I fail to see how this ranks up there with Britney/Madonna, which was done on MTV during a nationally televised awards show.

Last edited by Bergamotichek on Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:

lakersfreak wrote:
Doug Christie's wife will have a stroke if she reads that.

Doug's never leaving the house now . . .
KB8@LG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject:

gimme one and I want 5
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I already had the standard Utah "polygamy" joke though up while reading this article. But I can't possibly bring myself to say it.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: