Kwame 1pt and 2 rebs -- Nice Effort.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject:

I guess we needed front court help at the time but I felt that Caron would have been a nice 2nd option. He played well with Kobe and Kobe played well with him.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject:

Kwame value is the same as any defensive journeyman vet PF that we could've signed for vet min or partial MLE.

Honestly Slava could average better than 5.8ppg and 5.6rbg with Kwame's 25mpg. Kwame's defense does NOT make up for his overall weak game, weak mind and hands of stone.

Gimmie Dale Davis' old rickety self at vet min + Caron Butler @ 7 million over Kwame Brown anyday.

Last edited by Money$hot! on Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
PDX_LAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject:

We had no trouble scoring last year; our problem was defense.

We traded our good offensive pieces for inconsistent defenders.

Hindsight is 20-20 but atleast last year we were consistent in one department. This team without Kobe looks confused because unlike Caron Butler - Lamar doesn't feel comfortable in the scoring role.

Lamar is a jack of all trades but the master of none. Not that it's a bad thing.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
NestT wrote:
DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
suck it up guys, were stuck with him for 2 more seasons.

:roll:

:roll:

I wish we could trade our garbage fans/posters to www.clubclippers.com or www.spursreport.com for a little bandwidth or even a bag of doritos.

o god, their is a clubclippers

whats wrong with what he said, we are stuck with kwame for two more years..

There's nothing wrong with what he said.

NestT is referring to himself.

He wants to be moved and is willing to waive the no-trade clause in his contract.

I say we let him.

His proposal of a bag of Doritos sounds kinda tasty right about now.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Kwame 1pt and 2 rebs -- Nice Effort.

vakobe wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
This has to go down as MK's worse trade of all time.

You wonder how Kobe & PJ can win a single game with this load of garbage -- Kwame, Smush, Sasha et.al.

Hindsight is clearly 20/20, but I can't lay all the blame on Mitch for this one. Most of this board clearly supported the deal at the time, as did numerous other Lakers fans who I talked to.
Kwame Brown is 7 feet tall, young and had enough raw potential to be the top pick in a draft. Caron Butler is a good player, but players like him are a dime a dozen. Chucky Atkins doesn't even merit consideration in the discussion.
The combination of raw talent, Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant and the chance to put his horrible Wizard years behind him made Kwame seem like a risk well worth taking.
It's clear now that he'll never be more than a journeyman. But still is was a chance that the Lakers had to take.
I didn't. I wanted to see what phil could do with what we had...
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
Yes, hindsight is 20-20, but it sure would have been interesting to see what PJ could have done with Caron, Chucky and Jumaine Jones.

C - Mihm/Bynum
PF - Odom/Cook/Turiaf
SF - Butler/Jones
OG - Kobe/George
PG - Chucky/Smush/Sasha

We would have been a much more passionate/fiery/energetic team with Kobe, Caron, Ronny, Jumaine and Devean. Of course, if that was our roster, we'd still have problems...

- Odom gets into foul trouble at the 4
- With Mihm's foul troubles, we wouldn't have the luxury of bringing Bynum along slowly - like we're doing this year. Either that, or Cook would see significant minutes at center. Eeew.
- Chucky's D

Kwame plays great D against the big, powerful big's (Shaq, Yao), but he struggles against everyone else. Of course, it's easy to say this now, but Caron would have been REAL nice as our 2nd option.

And no shot at the projected 2007 capspace plan.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Kwame 1pt and 2 rebs -- Nice Effort.

karlmalonefan wrote:
vakobe wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

You wonder how Kobe & PJ can win a single game with this load of garbage -- Kwame, Smush, Sasha et.al.

Hindsight is clearly 20/20, but I can't lay all the blame on Mitch for this one. Most of this board clearly supported the deal at the time, as did numerous other Lakers fans who I talked to.
Kwame Brown is 7 feet tall, young and had enough raw potential to be the top pick in a draft. Caron Butler is a good player, but players like him are a dime a dozen. Chucky Atkins doesn't even merit consideration in the discussion.
The combination of raw talent, Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant and the chance to put his horrible Wizard years behind him made Kwame seem like a risk well worth taking.
It's clear now that he'll never be more than a journeyman. But still is was a chance that the Lakers had to take.
I didn't. I wanted to see what phil could do with what we had...

Anybody who thinks Phil didn't have a say in those changes is kidding themselves.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

kwame was an abused child.
filipensses
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:

Does that mean he can't hit a shot?
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:

filipensses wrote:
thumpinghead wrote:

Does that mean he can't hit a shot?

that means that when in moments of decision, in moments of anxiety, his troubled mind tormented of the frusteration of being stuck in the role of the abused effects his ability to act, to finish the play, and YES TO MAKE A SHOT!

Major problems Major problems, disturbing to have that talent but not the confidence to do anything with it...
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Kwame 1pt and 2 rebs -- Nice Effort.

vakobe wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:

You're hindsight comment is just a bunch of excuses. Any GM can say that.

We supported this trade because it looks good on paper.

Remember we are only fans who have other jobs or responsibilities. We depend and rely on Mitch to make smart, intelligent and educated decisions. That is his job. Not mine or yours or anyone else in this world.

Mitch is the GM. He gets paid to be the GM. He represents himself as the GM.

Mitch told us that this guy was ready to blossom. Mitch gave him a two year contract for 8 million dollars. That is a waste of the salary cap.

I am not going to back down on my criticism of Mitch for his failure to make good choices.

Two summers ago, he traded Shaq for junk. He took one of the players from that trade and got us more junk. The other player was waived.

That is pathetic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: