Rebuilding A Dynasty: Offseason At A Glance (Long)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Rebuilding A Dynasty: Offseason At A Glance (Long)

With the recent misfortune and failure of the team, its safe to assume this team will finish just shy of the playoffs and not low enough to keep their draft which will go to Phoenix via the Joe Johnson trade. Projected Finish 39-43. This offseason will be critical for our future. Lakers need to start finding guys to develop as role players for future championships. With that being said here is the Offseason at a Glance.

Key Losses:(Free Agency)
-Devean George
-Slava Medvedenko
-Devin Green

Draft Day

-Lakers Trade Luke Walton, Von Wafer and Miami Heat 06 First Round Pick to Miami for Wayne Simien and Jason Kapono

-Lakers Trade Lamar Odom, Aaron Mckie and Bobcats 2nd Round Pick to Memphis Grizzlies for Eddie Jones, Hakim Warrick, Dahntay Jones and 1st Round Pick

*These two deals will be critical to our success. Mainly the one that moves Lamar Odom for the expiring contract of Eddie Jones. Lakers lose nothing in point production and gain some defensive experience. Eddie Jones gets to finish his career as a Laker and the youth obtained provide much needed athleticism and defense. Moving Odom's contract for Jones expiring allows us much more flexiblity in the summer of 07 and the summer upon us. Moving Odom allows us to spend freely with our MLE. Turning Odoms contract into multiple players is a must for this team. I think Luke would be a perfect fit for a team like the Heat. Shaq loves him and they reacquire their first round pick. Just depends on how high they hold Simien. Its definately a deal they would have to think about.

-1st Rd Pick Via Grizzlies - Hassan Adams G/F Arizona
-2nd Rd Pick - Taquan Dean G Louisville

Key Additions (Free Agency)

MLE -
Marcus Banks (3 Million Per Over 4 Years)
Rasual Butler (2 Million Per Over 3 years)

Roster for 2006-2007 Season

Chris Mihm/Kwame Brown/Andrew Bynum
Brian Cook/Ronny Turiaf/Wayne Simien/Hakim Warrick
Eddie Jones/Rasual Butler/Jason Kapono
Kobe Bryant/Hassan Adams/Dahntay Jones
Smush Parker/Marcus Banks/Sasha Vujacic

IR: Taquan Dean

Lakers would field a competitive and active team. The development of the young bigs and young guards would be imparative. This is definately not a team that would compete for a championship next season, but definately a team that is better than the one we currently field. The summer of 2007 would have us removing the Contracts of Brian Grant, Eddie Jones, Chris Mihm, Kwame Brown and others totaling Over 40 million dollars. The extra room would allow us the ability to keep Chris Mihm or Smush Parker and Sign a Max Free Agent along with some extra cash to spend. This scenario i have provided may not be the best but it should be considered in the plans. Trading Odom for an Expiring Contract and adding some much needed athleticism will go a long way for the lakers in the future, because it is clear they no longer care about the present.
[/list]
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

This looks like a creative way to shake things up and end up with another mediocre team. Not sure either Miami or Memphis would even do those deals.

Congrats for starting the off-season/ Draft threads. You will soon have a lot of company.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

lakertim wrote:
This looks like a creative way to shake things up and end up with another mediocre team. Not sure either Miami or Memphis would even do those deals.

Congrats for starting the off-season/ Draft threads. You will soon have a lot of company.

They should just set up a seperate forum for them. This team needs to be blown apart.
LAL25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely no way Miami gets rid of Simien for for that garbage.

I don't like your proposals at all.
lakersboxershorts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject:

LoL.... Eddie Jones
showtime1308
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I don't like it. That team would be fighting for their playoff lives much like this team. I do like your Rasual Butler idea. He's a guy that would excel playing next to Kobe with his shooting ability and solid defense.

There are big trades to be made this summer and the Lakers have to get in on the action. They will do something big this offseason because I don't think they can afford not to. They preach patience but I think the line will be drawn this summer. There are alot of all stars available and I would be very surprised if one of them wasn't in a Lakers uniform by next season.

At the very least I see them getting a deal centered around Channing Frye. That would be the most patient scenario but our eyes are on K Gizzle.

Offseason plan- Get Kg for Odom Bynum picks and fillers. Sign or trade for a player like Rasual Butler and a adequate point guard. I wanted Mike James last year but I don't think he can be had this year. Another guy I wanted last offseason was Keyon Dooling or Marco Jaric. We can probably get Jaric included in the Kg deal but if not I think Dooling can be had for cheap because Nelson is Orlando's future.

I truly believe a lineup of Jaric/Dooling along with Kobe Butler KG and Mihm can compete with just about anyone. Get a solid backup at the center position, maybe a guy like Steven Hunter who was being dangled for cheap and draft a Hassan Adams or point guard and this team would be just great. Obviously I am dreaming here fellas, but I like it so don't wake me up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: