The Lakers are in deep DEEP trouble this March....:(
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awsmori
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: The Lakers are in deep DEEP trouble this March....:(

We are 29-29 right now, and we started the Month of March with a loss, our next game is against GS (w/ch i think we will win) and the rest is trouble....

March 4 - vs DET (Coming from a back to back this is almost a sure fire loss.) - Lakers Projected Record 30-30
March 6 - vs SPURS (We all know the spurs, and this is also a almost sure fire loss) - Lakers Projected Record 30-31 (below 500)
March 8 - @ NO (The Lakers are probably pissed that NO are doing better, i say Lakers win this) - Lakers Projected Record 31-31
March 10 - @ SPURS (SPurs home, i say we loose this one) - Lakers Projected Record 31-32
March 12 - vs SEA (We all now we own the sonics, i say we win this) - Lakers Projected Record 32-32
March 14 - @ SAC (This game should be tight and i think the lakers can pulloff a win, thinking there going back to back tomorow against the wolves) - Lakers Projected Record 33-32
March 15 - vs MIN (The wolves own us this season, but i WISH we could get this win, i say the lakers wont let a team sweep them, lakers win) - Lakers Projected Record 34-32
March 17 - @ NJ (Kobe finally gets revenge for VC bashing his 81 pnt game, lakers win) - Lakers Projected Record 35-32
March 19 - @ CLE (Cavs are slumping, and i hope it continues up to this date, but i think we will loose here) - Lakers Projected Record 35-34
March 20 - @ BOS (We loss to boston at our home, and i think we will loose this again coming from a back to back and that Pierce and Delonte are hot) - Lakers Projected Record 35-35
March 22 - vs SAC (Coming from 2 straight loses, i say we win this coming back home after a 3 game road trip) - Lakers Projected Record 36-35
March 24 - vs MIL (I say we dominate this game) - Lakers Projected Record 37-35
March 26 - vs NO (NO will be fighting for a playoff spot like us, i say this is close, but ill give to the lakers since its our home) - Lakers Projected Record 38-35
March 30 - vs SPURS (After a 3 day break, i say we win here...I HOPE) - Lakers Projected Record 39-35
March 31 - @ SEA (Back to back and on the road, lakers loose) - Lakers Projected Record 39-36

AND I SAY THATS THE BEST CASE SCENARIO.....I hope this happens but hey, still with this record i dont think we can hold on to the 8 spot......we are in deep shiit...
Bill Walton: Boris Diaw is the Shakesperean era of Romanticism
Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject:

I think it will be more like 36-39.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject:

We'll be extremly lucky to come out of March at .500.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject:

Is this season a bigger disaster than last year if the Lakers (as looks likely) miss the playoffs when they should have been in the 7 or 6 spot, as opposed to the free-fall of last season that just seemed unavoidable after the Lamar and Kobe injuries + Rudy-T's breakdown?

I think this is worse.
awsmori
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject:

yes this is worse....trades should be made in the off season
Bill Walton: Boris Diaw is the Shakesperean era of Romanticism
dlow
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject:

Even if the Lakers still hold on to the final playoff spot by the end of the season wtf can we really expect from this inconsistent team? Better off just tanking this frustrating season and start over with a lottery pick or anything that will improve this roster for the next season.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject:

at this rate, making it out of the month .500 would be a miracle.
BigAssLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers are in deep DEEP trouble this March....:(

awsmori wrote:
We are 29-29 right now, and we started the Month of March with a loss, our next game is against GS (w/ch i think we will win) and the rest is trouble....

March 4 - vs DET (Coming from a back to back this is almost a sure fire loss.) - Lakers Projected Record 30-30
March 6 - vs SPURS (We all know the spurs, and this is also a almost sure fire loss) - Lakers Projected Record 30-31 (below 500)
March 8 - @ NO (The Lakers are probably pissed that NO are doing better, i say Lakers win this) - Lakers Projected Record 31-31
March 10 - @ SPURS (SPurs home, i say we loose this one) - Lakers Projected Record 31-32
March 12 - vs SEA (We all now we own the sonics, i say we win this) - Lakers Projected Record 32-32
March 14 - @ SAC (This game should be tight and i think the lakers can pulloff a win, thinking there going back to back tomorow against the wolves) - Lakers Projected Record 33-32
March 15 - vs MIN (The wolves own us this season, but i WISH we could get this win, i say the lakers wont let a team sweep them, lakers win) - Lakers Projected Record 34-32
March 17 - @ NJ (Kobe finally gets revenge for VC bashing his 81 pnt game, lakers win) - Lakers Projected Record 35-32
March 19 - @ CLE (Cavs are slumping, and i hope it continues up to this date, but i think we will loose here) - Lakers Projected Record 35-34

March 20 - @ BOS (We loss to boston at our home, and i think we will loose this again coming from a back to back and that Pierce and Delonte are hot) - Lakers Projected Record 35-35
March 22 - vs SAC (Coming from 2 straight loses, i say we win this coming back home after a 3 game road trip) - Lakers Projected Record 36-35
March 24 - vs MIL (I say we dominate this game) - Lakers Projected Record 37-35
March 26 - vs NO (NO will be fighting for a playoff spot like us, i say this is close, but ill give to the lakers since its our home) - Lakers Projected Record 38-35
March 30 - vs SPURS (After a 3 day break, i say we win here...I HOPE) - Lakers Projected Record 39-35
March 31 - @ SEA (Back to back and on the road, lakers loose) - Lakers Projected Record 39-36

AND I SAY THATS THE BEST CASE SCENARIO.....I hope this happens but hey, still with this record i dont think we can hold on to the 8 spot......we are in deep (bleep)...

Am I the only one who actually read his post? Well, yeah if you're going to add losses for no reason then of course our 'projected' record will be bad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject:

^ I saw that too. You added two losses there, instead of 1. Yeah, we are out of the playoffs. I don't know what the teams who are chasing us or just ahead of us schedules look like, but if we can't beat the worst teams in the league, if we have no sense of urgency now, we aren't going to suddenly acquire it any time soon. I shudder to think what Detroit is going to do to us on that back to back...It's not going to be pretty. I think we're going to get booed off our own floor. Yikes! They will officially throw in the towel at that point.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

dlow wrote:
Even if the Lakers still hold on to the final playoff spot by the end of the season wtf can we really expect from this inconsistent team? Better off just tanking this frustrating season and start over with a lottery pick or anything that will improve this roster for the next season.

All you "lets throw games for the lotto" people kill me.

That's NOT a good strategy. Maybe (I'd still disagree) you could at least
attempt to make a case if an LBJ or Greg Oden was at the top of the draft
this coming summer - but there's not.

Making playoffs = perceived improvement = more attractive destination.

In other words, by making the playoffs this year, "Phil and Kobe" and the
franchise of the Lakers lose no lustre.

Free agents, or potential trade targets (say KG) are more likely to want
to play with us.

That's important for a rebuilding team.

And it goes beyond this coming summer.

If we end up a player in the 2007 or 2008 market, making the playoffs
this year is a step towards keeping Phil's reputation intact two years from
now, showing Kobe can lead a team, etc.

Tanking for lotto picks is the for cowards and more importantly, morons.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject:

I don't favor tanking but if it was ever part of the organizations plan this year is not to do it. I really don't know any other team that has done it before other than San Antonio when they tanked the season to get Tim Duncan.
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject:

Here's the thing. THe ONLY reason we are even in the 8 spot is that Houston is far under-performing its expectations for the season.

And even that is changing...

But if Houston doesn't tank this year, this isn't even a question.
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers are in deep DEEP trouble this March....:(

awsmori wrote:

I know losing is tough and counting even tougher, but a one loss to the Cavs does not add two losses to the loss column.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

TG711 wrote:
Here's the thing. THe ONLY reason we are even in the 8 spot is that Houston is far under-performing its expectations for the season.

:roll: True. And if the Clippers don't play well this year, then the Rockets have their seed.
We can't go by ifs and whats.

Lakers barely have the 8th seed, but they do hold it. It doesn't matter how good or bad other teams potentially are.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: The Lakers are in deep DEEP trouble this March....:(

vkewalra wrote:
awsmori wrote:

I know losing is tough and counting even tougher, but a one loss to the Cavs does not add two losses to the loss column.

I guess when somethings aren't going our way, they're really not going our way.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject:

TG711 wrote:

Thanks for pointing out the obvious for some of these short-sighted fans.

Get used to this. We are a bad team and will not improve until we get better players.

We played well against the Kings but than we suck against the Celtics and Blazers.

We have problems.
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: The Lakers are in deep DEEP trouble this March....:(

BigAssLakerFan wrote:
Well, yeah if you're going to add losses for no reason then of course our 'projected' record will be bad.

I don't see why we shouldn't add losses for no reason... this team has been doing just that with increasing frequency.
LA4Life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Does March really matter? The season is already over considering this team is pure trash. It's just a question of which team is going to take our 8th spot in the playoffs.
aastyle87
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject:

I thought this was a Laker FAN site...have some faith in your team. Ive been really pissed abiout our play lately and nervous about the playoff spot, but thinking about tanking it the rest of the way? or giving up on the season? NO WAY

*by the way...our draft pick goes to Phoenix through Boston-->Atlanta-->Pho unless we get a top 9 pick (its protected)...last yr after losing all those game we only ended up with the 10th, which wouldnt be ours this yr...for all of u who think we should tank it the rest of the way, consider that we would just be helping PHO, not ourselves...
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

i said the portland game and the goldenstate games were their first must wins this year and they belly flopped in game 1. Watch us win against goldenstate to get too 30-29, then crash and burn by the end of next week well be at 31-32 if were damn lucky enough. Im taking into account we some how beat the hornet and lose all three too spurs and pistons.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject:

I'm afraid we may never win in March...tsk tsk tsk.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
straylight
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
dlow wrote:

All you "lets throw games for the lotto" people kill me.

That's NOT a good strategy. Maybe (I'd still disagree) you could at least
attempt to make a case if an LBJ or Greg Oden was at the top of the draft
this coming summer - but there's not.

Making playoffs = perceived improvement = more attractive destination.

In other words, by making the playoffs this year, "Phil and Kobe" and the
franchise of the Lakers lose no lustre.

Free agents, or potential trade targets (say KG) are more likely to want
to play with us.

That's important for a rebuilding team.

And it goes beyond this coming summer.

If we end up a player in the 2007 or 2008 market, making the playoffs
this year is a step towards keeping Phil's reputation intact two years from
now, showing Kobe can lead a team, etc.

Tanking for lotto picks is the for cowards and more importantly, morons.

Making the playoffs also makes our players look better, and more valuable in trade. This year in particular it is a no brainer that lakers should be looking for the playoffs. Anything less is an unmitigated disaster, even if we keep our pick.

-stray

`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject:

Making the playoffs, would be an major accomplishment. The recongnition phil and kobe woul recieve is being belittle. U think other players wouldnt know how bad our team is? They play agiainst us, they know what kind of team talent wise we are. It will also bring attention too the front office, too bring in reinforcements in the off season. We still have anotehr run in us , i believe, if we could upset either san antonio or pistons, it could be a spring board for us, we have 3 shoots, we could snatch one, and none are back 2 back games, very key , because we are horrible in bac 2 backs
LTD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject:

Starting with that Detroit game on Saturday, we will be lucky to go 1-3 during that 4 game stretch. Detroit and SA are simply better teams, and NO is one of the better home teams in the NBA. Factor in that we are mediocre on the road, and downright terrible as of late (2-9 our last 11 games) and I think there's a damn good chance that we go 0-4.

Bottom line is, we are going to need every bit of that favorable schedule down the stretch (10 of the last 13 games at home) because we are probably going to catch hell over the next 10 games. ALL of the 6 road games starting with the New Orleans game are games that we should lose considering the wqay we've played lately.

FWIW, before people starting bashing me calling me a doom and gloomer, I'll be watching every single game and rooting like hell for us to win. That being said, the reality is that this team has actually regressed. It's almost like the miami win was our championship game.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject:

39-36 doesn't sound like deep trouble to me. Where's the problem exactly?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: