Kobe more vocal or less vocal MAKE UP YOUR MIND

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Kobe more vocal or less vocal MAKE UP YOUR MIND

I was listening to the Loose Cannons (something I rarely do cuz I cant stand Vic's "Blossoming of Ocho" crap) and I heard Hartman criticize Kobe for not being a leader for not being vocal and stepping in the players faces.

Well WTF every time Kobe does get on the players he's attacked by the media for doing so. Can he do anything right?

Bottom line is Mitch has built a horrible team. I cant believe for the past two years he have had Smush Parker and Chucky Atkins as our starting PG. This is the LA Freaking Lakers we dont deserve this CBA level crap. We pay way too much for ticket prices, parking, and concessions for this product.

I just cant believe the product that's on the floor for us. The more I look at it the more I convince myself that the Lakers dont make a trade because of a lack of effort but because our players just flat our suck. Who's gonna want the kinda crap we have?
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Kobe can't do anything right. Haven't you heard? The same reasons you love him are the reasons other people hate him.
dgrynch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

I am positive that Kobe wants to tear every player on the team a new one. but, at the same time, he is working hard to rebuild his tranished image and make himself marketable again.

I know this ish is killing him (getting in players faces) when dumb plays are done. Hell, he already has 12 technical fouls this year, so the frustration is present.
KoolMo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Kobe's ripping into them (at least most of the time) behind closed doors (as it should be) and not in the media. Bottom line, these radio hosts don't really even know what's happening.

We'll have to wait for Phil's sequel to get that info.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject:

dgrynch wrote:
I am positive that Kobe wants to tear every player on the team a new one. but, at the same time, he is working hard to rebuild his tranished image and make himself marketable again.

I hope that isn't correct. If Kobe puts his image above the success of the Lakers, then maybe he doesn't deserve to be a Laker. I believe the truth is that Kobe is trying to reach some of these guys in ways other than embarassing them in public. We don't know what goes on in practice.
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject:

If Kobe were to rip Ronny or Drew Bynum(not that they need it), they would man up and handle it. Anyone else would boo hoo and feel like they are being picked on.
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject:

I think thats why smush doesnt really like kobe. Hot heads dont like to listen to anybody. Just take noticed when smush screws up kobe goes up to him and trys to help but smush just kinda does the T.O.-Mcnabb sideline fiasco. But when he is talking to anybody else they listen and atleast try to improve. The real bottom line is smush needs to go.
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is smart. He has stated that he understands when to get on guys and when not to. He has also said that he knows that players are different, and that he can not interact with everyone the same way.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject:

What the hell can Kobe do. Can he yell at Kwame long enough for him to dunk when he is under the rim. Can he yell enough at Odom so he doesnt score 4 and 6 points in a single game when we need a second option. Can he yell at Mihm so Mihm stops getting fouls every 5 secs. Mihm is a back up center starting. Kwame is a 12th man on a normal roster starting at PF. And Odom is a 3rd option not trying to even go to second.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject:

Last game IMO Kobes facial reactions were at there peak. His head actually went down as certain guys had their minds made up.
Tonight he is going to have to do whatever it takes to win,. For this last stretch he is going to have to get into guys faces and call them out. He and DG are the only guys that have played in this kind of heat. (walton too)

Both guys need to hold themselves and other accountable, or else we will be living in an offseason of guys giving us excuses, and how they SHOULD OF...
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

If you're asking should Kobe confront his teammates if they're not doing what they're supposed to be doing, absolutely. He's the team captain. That's his right and responsibility.

If you're asking should he be criticizing his teammates to the media, NO!

Keep that stuff in the locker room and on the floor where it belongs.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

Well taking Ronny to All-Star weekend with him, I think that's a big step for Kobe really trying to reach out to his teammates. I mean we usually hear that he is a loner. Keeps to himself off the court, which I can see becasue basketball to his is a way for him to express himself. "I mean when MJ rip his teammates people where like "wow what a leader". When Kobe does it "wow there he goes again blaming his teamamtes". I mean players and the media now are just to freaking sensitive.

Kobe can't win to lose
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject:

It's a Catch 22... damned if he does damned if he doesn't...

I love how the media rotates on issues with Kobe... first it was he shoots too much... then it was he doesn't make his teammates better, now it's he not a leader...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
If you're asking should Kobe confront his teammates if they're not doing what they're supposed to be doing, absolutely. He's the team captain. That's his right and responsibility.

If you're asking should he be criticizing his teammates to the media, NO!

Keep that stuff in the locker room and on the floor where it belongs.

My whole point is early on Kobe did too much to a fault(according to some)not trusting, too many shots, ill advised shots. We have no time for him to wait. He had the luxury of having a non chalant attitude saying "it takes time to learn the tri" etc. Now he has to say "Get the F outta my way". He needs to recognize this in the 1st few minutes. If guys dont come out on fire(aggressive) then we are in trouble.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:

My whole point is early on Kobe did too much to a fault(according to some)not trusting, too many shots, ill advised shots. We have no time for him to wait. He had the luxury of having a non chalant attitude saying "it takes time to learn the tri" etc. Now he has to say "Get the F outta my way". He needs to recognize this in the 1st few minutes. If guys dont come out on fire(aggressive) then we are in trouble.

My reply was addressing the question by the poster who started this thread.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: