Odom's '04 Olympic stats...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
JD wrote:
Funny, how this thread started as someone simply asking for some stats and how a player was utilized... and all the typical little heel nippers come out.

I'm glad you notice this.

It happens in virtually every thread.

First it was only on Odom. But now apart from Kobe it is just one big bashfest on every Laker representative (players, managers, officials etc)

A simple thread will be turned into a complete smear campaign.

I've been pretty tied up with work, so one less mod on the board 4 days a week hits pretty hard, I see.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
astrallionheart wrote:
I have this suspicion that if Wade and Marion had started over Marbury and Jefferson (LBs love of "veterans"), they probably would've gone a lot further, probably even won the Gold.

Marbury and Jefferson looked like the two dead weights on the starting lineup.
What I remember is that Wade couldn't hit the broad side of the barn... I've still got those games on tape somewhere, I'm gonna have to go back and watch them to see how wade did.

The problem with that team was they did not have consistant outside shooters (did the 'Great' LB pick those players),.. and that KB8 wasn't one it
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
bounty wrote:
Olympic stats
I think the LO parade just got a derailed. Olympic stats

SO it is OK for haters to bring up the past ... one hater even went so far as to try and falsify Odom's HIGH SCHOOL SAT scores ... but not OK for true Laker fans?

The depths of your narrow-minded bigotry are amazing and sad.

So what relevance does the olympics have to say.........................
REAL FREAKEN LIFE. Sure i'll bite. Lets trade LO to a team with
TD
Bron
AI
Wade etc.
Come on, Olympic stats High school stats How about PRO RESULTS, track record, WHAT WE FREAKEN SEE.
"true Laker fans" What, the guys/gals making excuses for an underachiving player at the expense of the TEAM. Nah, I'll take team, and how IT functions before I make excuses for a guy(s) taking up valuable cap space. Because unfortunately money well spent ususally dictates W and L's. Not that you care, as long as you can make excuses for your boy.

Once again you are incapable of answering even the SIMPLEST of questions without trying to muddy the waters. Again I ask ... why is it ok for haters such as yourself to bring up past drug use ... or HS SAT scores ... or college performance ... but when someone asks a simple question about his Olympic performance, people like you ... haters with no sense ... start smearing Odom and anyone who even remotely supports him.

As far as my comment about true Laker fans. Clearly you are not one bounty. All you do is bash our team. Sad that you don't have the guts to admit your hatred of the Lakers. I'm guessing you're a closet celtics fan.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I've been pretty tied up with work, so one less mod on the board 4 days a week hits pretty hard, I see

You and me have had our differences, but I appreciate the way you have always gone after the trolls and (bleep)/moaners. That definitely makes this place easier to read.

It is very hard to read the Laker Lounge the way it has been as of late. I mean people piling on Jeannie Buss? WTF? What did she do that was soo bad? Flipped to watch American Idol? Doesn't talk like a GM and acts human?

Obvioulsy a lot of our members have never been involved in relationships. Most women don't even take sports one tenth as serious as we men do.

Anyway, hopefully the Lakers can get on some sort of winning streak. The best solution to all problems ---> a couple of sweet W's
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
bounty wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:
bounty wrote:
Olympic stats
I think the LO parade just got a derailed. Olympic stats

SO it is OK for haters to bring up the past ... one hater even went so far as to try and falsify Odom's HIGH SCHOOL SAT scores ... but not OK for true Laker fans?

The depths of your narrow-minded bigotry are amazing and sad.

So what relevance does the olympics have to say.........................
REAL FREAKEN LIFE. Sure i'll bite. Lets trade LO to a team with
TD
Bron
AI
Wade etc.
Come on, Olympic stats High school stats How about PRO RESULTS, track record, WHAT WE FREAKEN SEE.
"true Laker fans" What, the guys/gals making excuses for an underachiving player at the expense of the TEAM. Nah, I'll take team, and how IT functions before I make excuses for a guy(s) taking up valuable cap space. Because unfortunately money well spent ususally dictates W and L's. Not that you care, as long as you can make excuses for your boy.

Once again you are incapable of answering even the SIMPLEST of questions without trying to muddy the waters. Again I ask ... why is it ok for haters such as yourself to bring up past drug use ... or HS SAT scores ... or college performance ... but when someone asks a simple question about his Olympic performance, people like you ... haters with no sense ... start smearing Odom and anyone who even remotely supports him.

As far as my comment about true Laker fans. Clearly you are not one bounty. All you do is bash our team. Sad that you don't have the guts to admit your hatred of the Lakers. I'm guessing you're a closet celtics fan.

I have never brought up "previous drug use". That is a personal non BBall related issue EVEN THOUGH it has affected his status with prior team and league. drug use IMO should be monitored by ones self. Not Govt. NBA, etc.

LO's track record in regards to teams W's and L's are relevant to how he is currently judged. His OLy. stats are not. If so then Wade and Bron are trash.

When have I ever bashed "our team"?Never. You see I worship "our team" i dont worship guys that wear MY colors, especially guys that have built in excuses.
I unlike you are a front of the jersey fan. If there is a virus running through the body, you kill the virus not the person.

You rationalize LO's bringing down of the team. Sure (in the words of THE_SHOES "hes not the worst player on the team" and consistency is overated") hes not the only problem, but different players are judged on different scales.

So if you read my posts, you will notice I give guys like Sasha, Smush, I love Mihm, etc. the benifit of the doubt. Why B/C show me a post game quote where they always are saying what they SHOULD do after the fact.

Show me where they dont at least look like they are trying. Front of the jersey not back. Thats all. THATS "our TEAM"
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: