Lakers Offered Delk $2 Million More...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Lakers Offered Delk $2 Million More...

Quote:

The Los Angeles Lakers, for example, offered him about $2 million more than what he'll make with the Pistons.

"This juncture of my career, I'm about winning right now," Delk said. "That's what my intentions are. I want to come in, fit in and just be a piece that they need in order to win a championship."

That is a huge sacrifice, especially from a player at the end of his career. I believe no player will want to take our "confederate money" until we become more than the Los Angeles Kobes...

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

delk's like aaron mckie... why would we want another useless old player
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:

Don't you know? Any player that is waived by another team could be the Lakers savior.
Colby Briant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject:

anybody think maybe players dont want to play for the Lakers because of Phil? more specifically, they dont want to come here and have to learn the triangle offense and have their stock driven down cause they look like they suck in the triangle system. when the real thing is, they just cant grasp the offense or cant thrive in it.

im not really talking about Delk, but more generally about other players around the league. I mean, look at GP. He came here and was just trash but is more than servicable in Miami cause the offense suits him better. Lamars stock has fallen as well. i know LA is a big market and this and that, but even in a big market if youre stuck in a system that isnt built for your game, you might end up losing more money in the end.

anyway, just a thought.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Don't you know? Any player that is waived by another team could be the Lakers savior.

Even as we speak there exist a thread setting up a press conferance for Jimmy Jackson!

There has never been a player released that wasn't wanted here at LG!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject:

Colby Briant wrote:
anybody think maybe players dont want to play for the Lakers because of Phil? more specifically, they dont want to come here and have to learn the triangle offense and have their stock driven down cause they look like they suck in the triangle system. when the real thing is, they just cant grasp the offense or cant thrive in it.

im not really talking about Delk, but more generally about other players around the league. I mean, look at GP. He came here and was just trash but is more than servicable in Miami cause the offense suits him better. Lamars stock has fallen as well. i know LA is a big market and this and that, but even in a big market if youre stuck in a system that isnt built for your game, you might end up losing more money in the end.

anyway, just a thought.

Absolutely. Look at the moves that have been made thus far. Ronnie in Sac came in on a Monday and, was playing and, running with the team on a Tuesday as if he has been with the kings for years!

How about Stevie over in New York? Took him about 15 minutes no problem.

The scary thing about the tri also is that if you don't look the same just as you have stated fans think your a bust!

Good post. This is why LG'rs crying for our guys heads just don't know. Anybody who came here would be in class and struggling at exam time(the games) just like everybody else...

The triangle will yield a devastating offense once mastered but, it is like kung fu in the way that you can get your ass beat to death while your a student until one day... You rule all that you survey.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

It's sad when players won't even come to the Lakers for more money.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
It's sad when players won't even come to the Lakers for more money.

Yeah, it really is. We still have this feeling that everyone wants to play for the Lakers. The longer we stay in the doldrums, the more that we damage that shine. Here's the thing, if the team was about a 55% win perctange team, winning 46 games or so, I think fans would be a lot more accepting of that if we didn't lose to the worst teams regularly and lose close games regularly. Both of these things are hard to swallow, since it looks like we could easiy be a 52 win team or a 35 win one. We have no stability.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Championship or Money? Who would choose the Pistons over the Lakers now. I would think most players would choose the championship route. Who can blame them, its not like his family is starving anyway.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Of course it 's Mitch's fault.... :roll:
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Of course it 's Mitch's fault.... :roll:

Absolutely! Mitch is suppose to kidnap these peoples Momma's and hold them till they sign the damned contract!
Mitch is going about it all wrong!

Oh btw Aussie I love you're avatar man! I've actually seen (bleep) like that happen is why I laughed so hard!
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers have been looking for a backcourt veteran. There might still be a few options still out there.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:

lakers dodged a bullet (their own stupidity). why don't they sink the money into jj and penny.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

the sad part is that is true...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

No, the sad part is that Laker fans actually believe that...
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
No, the sad part is that Laker fans actually believe that...

no, the sad part is that there are homer fans like you who can't see how truly talentless this pathetic team is outside kobe.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

So bringing in broken down rejects from other teams is going to bail the Lakers out?
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:

How can you blame him? He'll probably win a ring this year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: