Phil Jackson: "They stink."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Hey Coca James do you have the audio when you said Jeannie whats up my biatch???
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

kobester wrote:
It's always easy to pick on the PG for all the defenses problems. But the fact is, this team knows how to play defense. But they choose to only do it when their offense is going well. What hurts Smush is that he has no real anchor inside. The best example I can give you is the Spurs series in 2004. Parker was abusing us left right and center up until we started to trap him and funnel him into Shaq. And Smush isn't the only one that allows penetration on off nights. Kobe is very guilty of poor guard defense at times as is Vujacic and Walton/George when they play the 2.
Everyone's D looks a lot better on the best defensive team. Smush Parker ranks near the top of the list on opponent points allowed per game. There are many teams that play worse team D and have weaker front court than us. Apparently they defend the PG position better.[/quote]I agree with your assessment. Smush's efforts (what little there is on a consistent basis) is what people are most upset about - as noted by his lack of interest of contesting every shot. Kobe is free-lancing/playing "free safety" because of the lack of good "one on one" defenders - plus he is the major/only offensive weapon the Lakers have - hence some players will go off on Kobe (i.e. Blake). Sasha and DGeorge actually do a good job because they have more quickness. Luke will always suffer because he is not the best "one on one" defender, however he is a good person within a team defensive scheme. Mihm/Brown are not the best front court personnel, however, they are definitely not the worse - they are above-average with Mihm getting his fair share of blocks. If Smush can stay in front of his man and/or correctly funnel him into double-teams over 50% of the time, it would be great - but alas. . .
NoHarmNoFoul
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject:

jwbrown77 wrote:

Reminds me of the Japanese groundskeepers in Major League.

"They're (bleep)."

"Aye"

i love that movie

Who will you aim your irrational anger at then?"
-PopcornMachine
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Yeah that hurts when you general tells you guys are not worthy to ballte. in another sense. Well hopefully it will wake them up a bit.
L.A times also reported that Tony Delk was what we where trying to pick up but he said after his stint in Atlanta he doesn't want ot be in a rebuilding situation anymore. he has dedicated his signing to Detroit. Dman it. It would be nice to have in L.A. He would help the team a whole lot. Hate to say it but he might even take Smush's starting spot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: