Smush is starting to get too full of himself...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALbino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject:

Jackson makes good points, and like you said DB, Smush was never intended to be our starting PG anyway. I don't see how anybody can look at what he's managed to do and be dissapointed with it.

AL.
melakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Smush is fine!!

Smush P. is doing good for us. His defense is lacking a bit, and I think it is more about him playing night in, and night out. He is trying to get through a whole NBA season, and he is probably struggling right now.

But I have never seen any player come in this league off the streets, and give you almost 12 pts a game, and has a 45% FG%.

Heck if he keeps going at this rate, he will be good trade bait. Plus when he is playing well, he can make a lot of good steals.

We are not paying this guy what he should be making. Their are plenty of guards in this league who have worse numbers than Smush, and are paid more.

Give him at least one more season to grow into his spot, and I bet he will be good for us.

He is also a hell of a dunker, this guy never takes it to the room like a softy...he will dunk on anyone...
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject:

Smush is not a 7-year veteran. I'm trying to be patient with him. Although sometimes I tend to get pissed off with his attitude. But given that he's earning a little less than the other players (not $11 million per, for instance), and practically playing his 1st full season, I'm inclined to give him some slack.

I agree with DB, we should've brought in a starting PG...wait, wasn't Mckie supposed to be our starting point?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject:

The little bastard almost cost us the game with the T, after he was ejected Lamar said something and before you know it we were only up by 9.
melakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Smush is not a 7-year veteran. I'm trying to be patient with him. Although sometimes I tend to get pissed off with his attitude. But given that he's earning a little less than the other players (not $11 million per, for instance), and practically playing his 1st full season, I'm inclined to give him some slack.

I agree with DB, we should've brought in a starting PG...wait, wasn't Mckie supposed to be our starting point?

No need to be upset with Smush's attitude. I think it is his attitude about his game that makes him play well with Kobe. If you ask me, he is the only guy out there other than KObe who is going to play his game the way he plays it. At the NBA level you have to have some self confidence about yourself. Which I think Lamar, Kwame, and a few other players are having trouble with. Smush seems to be miles ahead of these guys. But he is not a young guy himself.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject:

As has already been pointed out, Smush has hit the rookie wall (he is a rookie, let's face it). Even Smush admits it.

He's done a good job for us. His attitude leaves a little to be desired at times but that can be said for probably at least 75-80% of the players in the NBA today.

I didn't like him mouthing off about "team chemistry" to the media following the Portland game, and his getting tossed last night was really dumb. But as has also been pointed out, he is worth the growing pains.

He has the ability to play in this league. Mastering the finer points, if he ever does, will take time. He also has to learn how to defend, he definitely has the quickness to do it well. He has to improve dramatically at the foul line. 65% is completely unacceptable from a guard.

All in all, he's been a very nice find for this ballclub. Hopefully he and the team can keep it together and he can have a nice career with the Lakers.
TIM CAMPBELL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject:

Smush is noting but a backup he is not a starter. That is why we get the type of play we get out of him.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
Smush is starting to get Chucky Atkins syndrome.

true is
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: