GameFlow - Mar. 3 - Hot With A Cold

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: GameFlow - Mar. 3 - Hot With A Cold

LA Lakers 106 Golden State 94

GameFlow
BoxScore

Although he was coughing his head off after the game, Kobe Bryant played the same as he usually does. At a level above most other players in the NBA. After scoring 9 straight points in the final period, he finished the game with 42 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 steals.

Needing a win badly, a high scoring first period indicated the Lakers defense might be absent again. But After shooting 50% in the 1st quarter, the Warriors did not reach 40% in the next three. They took an incredible 96 shots, but only made 32 of them (33.3%).

As usually happens, good defense produces good offense. And the Lakers started the 2nd quarter with a 10-0 run. And this continued in the 3rd with a 12-3 run. Of course they had to have a lapse sometime, and the Warriors went on a long 4th quarter run. But a few clutch shots by Kobe went a long way to preserving the lead.

As for the rest of the team, Chris Mihm scored 16 with 5 rebounds. He made 8 of 12 free throws, showing he was very active on offense. And Brian Cook hit 4 of 5 shots from the field, and 4 of 5 from the line for a total of 12 points to go with his 5 rebounds.

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:

They played with effort tonight because they wanted to hold on to their 8th spot which makes sense, but what doesn't makes sense is why can't this team play with this kind of effort every game? just beats me.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Philostrator wrote:
They played with effort tonight because they wanted to hold on to their 8th spot which makes sense, but what doesn't makes sense is why can't this team play with this kind of effort every game? just beats me.

I think it's bothering Kobe, too...
BigRedApple13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Philostrator wrote:

Because they're not good enough talent wise and defensively to win against better teams on a consistent basis.

I felt pretty good about the Lakers winning last night because GS is also poor defensively and the LA role players would be able to chip in some, GS starting backcourt being banged up and the Lakers bigs being able to win the boards battle.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: