Brian Cook finally improving on the inside game?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Brian Cook finally improving on the inside game?

I haven't seen Cook attack this way i hope he continues to do this if he can learn how to play on the inside he will be a triple-threat.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

he's definately working on his game, unlike lamar who is working on his marihuana
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

It's because we were playing the Golden State Cup-Cakes. Murphy is probably the worst defensive power forward in the league.
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

yah but he misses his dunks...
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Cook has been driving inside alot this season, not just in this game.

Hes really starting to become our best big man..atleast on the offensive side. And yes that includes Odumb.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Melon Tea wrote:
yah but he misses his dunks...

im more confident with Cook attempting a dunk than Odom attempting a layup.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Cook was under the basket getting it done.
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Still tough to decide if Mitch blew it when drafting Cookie instead of a very athletic PG in Leandro Barbosa. Cook at the least is giving us the offense Slava used to give us at that spot but Brian is far more consistent (when he stays out of trouble!) than Slava ever was.
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

i like bcook...he's a good player...he's also like sasha in the sense that he looks like he wants to be out there playing...he puts his all into his play and it really has showned this season...his jumper is solid and he takes it to the rack without being afraid to get blocked...he still has no hops but he utilizes his physical gifts to the limit...in some ways he reminds me of horry except horry was stronger and was more athletic...but he's one of the bright spots on this inconsistent team we have...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Cook took a couple of charges. He had a couple of steals and a block. He gives consistent high percentage scoring. He also didn't turn over the ball.

Last edited by angel on Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Cook is becoming a solid NBA role-player. When his rookie K is up I'd try to keep him on the cheap.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject:

There was one play where someone came in for a layup. Cook fouled him hard. It was a clean foul, but he felt it. It's good to see Brian Cook get physical.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Anyone who watched Brian Cook in Illinois knows he had a legit inside game. Our team just doesn't utilize him to score down low.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Cook has improved his game in some way every year so far. Its nice to see him develop. I'm glad I am having to eat my words about him being useless. Its good for the team to see him step up like this.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Brian Cook keeps going to Big Man Camp each Summer to work on his game. He brings some new dimension to his game each season. I believe he can be more than a role player.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

i like the improvement Cook is shown this year. he is trying no to be one dimensional
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
he's definately working on his game, unlike lamar who is working on his marihuana

Are you 12 years old? The reason I ask is that you have absolutely no knowledge of BBS ettiquette. You do not need to crap about Odom in every thread on every topic. If the thread is about Lamar, then you should voice your opinion, but to find a way to trash him in every otherwise unrelated thread is just poor manners to the thread starter, as well as the community at large. I am taking it easy on you, because you are an obvious bandwagon middle school poster, but you really need to respect the others on the board.

I think you should change your SN to "40postperdaymachinemoaning aboutLamarmachine". I do hope puberty treats you well, however.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject:

I have to give Cook credit for improving his game. I wish others on the team would be inspired, but I'm done bashing guys for the night.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject:

PrplReign wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:

Are you 12 years old? The reason I ask is that you have absolutely no knowledge of BBS ettiquette. You do not need to crap about Odom in every thread on every topic. If the thread is about Lamar, then you should voice your opinion, but to find a way to trash him in every otherwise unrelated thread is just poor manners to the thread starter, as well as the community at large. I am taking it easy on you, because you are an obvious bandwagon middle school poster, but you really need to respect the others on the board.

I think you should change your SN to "40postperdaymachinemoaning aboutLamarmachine". I do hope puberty treats you well, however.
, i have noticed this as well, hey we all get ticked of at players but no need to bash lamar in say a thread that doesnt deal with him, and ive noticed it too especially since in another thread some pointed it out and ive seen it about 3 times in the last 10 minutes .

And that puberty shot was uncalled for, kids minds are sensitive, if he is in fact a kid.
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
PrplReign wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:

, i have noticed this as well, hey we all get ticked of at players but no need to bash lamar in say a thread that doesnt deal with him, and ive noticed it too especially since in another thread some pointed it out and ive seen it about 3 times in the last 10 minutes .

And that puberty shot was uncalled for, kids minds are sensitive, if he is in fact a kid.

I will apologize for the puberty comment. You are correct in saying I crossed the line there. However, I do not think libelous statements about a player are called for either. Lamar used pot and was caught, went through treatment(twice), and has been tested innumerable times since. To state as fact that he is a current abuser is libelous. Recovery should be applauded not ignored for the purpose of pointing out the mistakes a person once made and are unrelated to the topic at hand.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: