Hmm...aggressive Kobe = open looks for others + comfy win

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Hmm...aggressive Kobe = open looks for others + comfy win

Maybe PJ read this board ...
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject:

This is nothing new.

The kid has been getting open shots for his teammates for years. All they have to do is MAKE THE FREAKING SHOTS.

It has nothing to do with the triangle, princeton offence or any other scheme.

Hell, even when he isn't aggressive, he can get his teammates open shots. It's still the same deal. They have to take and make them.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject:

The whole team was blocking shots and rebounding. This was one of their better efforts on the road.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

exactly..when kobe gets it going, the other team gets demoralized. But nooo some people still insist he pass it his crappy teammates. Opponents dont fear Kobe's teammates. They fear Kobe. When Kobe is aggressive like tonight, it puts a whole lot of pressure on the opposing teams.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

The team was playing defense and we got some solid production off the bench. Kobe can't keep shooting like he did tonight. He looked extremely tired, and tomorrow we have another game to play. So you can keep touting Kobe shooting so many shots, but it's not the best way to win.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
The team was playing defense and we got some solid production off the bench. Kobe can't keep shooting like he did tonight. He looked extremely tired, and tomorrow we have another game to play. So you can keep touting Kobe shooting so many shots, but it's not the best way to win.

he looked tired in the portland game and he was passing.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Kobe not only had 42/4/5, but he also played a lot of defense. He managed three steals on the night.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
Zhengi wrote:

he looked tired in the portland game and he was passing.

And yet he looked good in the Sac game passing. So we can nitpick games out of the schedule back and forth, but bottom line, for the good of the team, Kobe can't shoot all the shots. The team talent definitely needs to improve, but it doesn't excuse that the current core needs to develop chemistry for the future and if the game plan is to always go into Kobe shooting all the shots, our future is in deep trouble.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
So you can keep touting Kobe shooting so many shots, but it's not the best way to win.

It's the way we've won most games this year. I don't think we'll see "passing" Kobe again unless he's being aggressively doubled. PJ doesn't want to miss the playoffs...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Kobe most of all wanted the win. You can tell he gave his all.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

and its only the warriors
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
and its only the warriors

we only lost to the blazers and the hawks.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
Quote:
So you can keep touting Kobe shooting so many shots, but it's not the best way to win.

It's the way we've won most games this year. I don't think we'll see "passing" Kobe again unless he's being aggressively doubled. PJ doesn't want to miss the playoffs...

And we've lost more games having bad defense. Look, Kobe's shooting is great, but he can't keep shooting all the shots. We win games now, but the team loses out because it takes a team to compete for championships. We can't rely solely on Kobe. Of course, we need better talent on the team, I'm not disputing that. But the core has to develop chemistry and show that they can play together. So once the talent comes in, it's easier to integrate them into the system. So in the short term, we might win a few more games, but in the long term, we're going to lose out a lot more games trying to search for that chemistry in future games.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

short term is all we need it for. Were looking to make the playoffs this season. If Kobe being agressive equals more wins for the rest of the season then im fine with it. When we getter better players on the team, then is when we can start implenting long term ideas.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
short term is all we need it for. Were looking to make the playoffs this season. If Kobe being agressive equals more wins for the rest of the season then im fine with it. When we getter better players on the team, then is when we can start implenting long term ideas.

So basically you're saying you'd prefer the team to work out the same issues in the future rather than to solve them today? Rather than try to make it work with current players who will be for the team for many years you'd prefer to waste time losing games in the future trying to accomplish what can be done now? The fact that Kobe plays in games where he looks to pass shows that he understands this concept.

So as long as our defense is playing well, there is no need for Kobe to shoot that many shots. We need to concentrate on that, run the triangle, and try to get chemistry back up. Those items are more important than Kobe's shooting.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
We win games now, but the team loses out because it takes a team to compete for championships

You think half these guys will be here when the team is ready to be a contender? With this group, it's all about short term...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:

It was good to have a strong third quarter.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
exactly..when kobe gets it going, the other team gets demoralized. But nooo some people still insist he pass it his crappy teammates. Opponents dont fear Kobe's teammates. They fear Kobe. When Kobe is aggressive like tonight, it puts a whole lot of pressure on the opposing teams.

Maybe those who insist kobe should pass more are people who work for other teams. And this is their dirty strategy to beat us
Achilles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

I think it has to do with our defense. We're simply not a good enough defensive team to expiriment night in and night out with "passing Kobe." It's great and all but since we can't get stops we end up getting into a hole while Kobe keeps spoon feeding everyone the ball, then we have to play catch up, which means Kobe has to bail us out. If they could simply get stops I'd be all for 'passing Kobe,' but with this bunch, this late in the season, I say let Kobe off the leash. It's our best chance of making it to the post season.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
Kobe2Lamar wrote:
Quote:

And we've lost more games having bad defense. Look, Kobe's shooting is great, but he can't keep shooting all the shots. We win games now, but the team loses out because it takes a team to compete for championships. We can't rely solely on Kobe. Of course, we need better talent on the team, I'm not disputing that. But the core has to develop chemistry and show that they can play together. So once the talent comes in, it's easier to integrate them into the system. So in the short term, we might win a few more games, but in the long term, we're going to lose out a lot more games trying to search for that chemistry in future games.

IF our PRAYERS are answered.............THIS team will be blown up at the end of this season anyhow
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

This team will grow into next season. This season is a building block. That is one reason, I'm hoping for a playoff spot.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

Face it, guys. We are a BETTER team with Kobe attacking the other team from jump..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: