What's wrong with us?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: What's wrong with us?

C'mon...... we lose against the Charlotte Bobcats (worst team in the NBA) the Atlanta Hawks the Portland TrailBlazers the Boston Celtics but we win against the Detroit Pistons.... C'mon..
KB8@LG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject:

inconsistency. I wouldn´t say we can beat the Pistons. It was just a game.

Since Shaq left we are 2-17 against Spurs, Detroit, Miami and Phoenix
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: What's wrong with us?

Melon Tea wrote:
C'mon...... we lose against the Charlotte Bobcats (worst team in the NBA) the Atlanta Hawks the Portland TrailBlazers the Boston Celtics but we win against the Detroit Pistons.... C'mon..

It's called youth and inexperience. It's a cliche for a reason, because it's true. Also, to borrow a football term, "On any given Sunday". These are all professionals getting paid to play. There will always be upsets. Once this Lakers squad matures and gains experience, these will no longer be considered upsets. About this time next season - winning games like the one last night won't be so out of the ordinary. Just like you became better each year of school, so will the Lakers with each year of playing together. If someone gave you a simple geometry equation in the first grade, there is no way you could have figured it out on your own - but the if given the same equation in the six grade, well there's a good chance you'd be able to do it. In a word...patience....
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject:

Same reason the Lakers in 2001 and 2002 used to lose to the Bulls and other lowly teams...not taking every team seriously. I'm sure the Pistons came in with the mindset that this should be an easy win.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

It is a positive that we show that we are capable of beating the elite teams. Consistency is the key as we all know. As others have pointed out it has a lot to do with experience both as far as time in the NBA and time with each other on the court. It also has something to do with learning a new system, specifically the Triangle. I probably also has to do with a coach who is not used to coaching young inexperience players like Smush, Kwame etc.

But as I said the fact that we show at times that we are capable of winning big games against elite teams is important in that given enough time and experience on the court as well as familiarity with the Triangle we should ultimately be more consistent.

It takes all the players playing both ends of the floor for an entire game to win against the elite teams in the NBA, which is something the Lakers have not done well with regularity this year.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: