Kobe, Coach K and Colangelo on ABC now...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Just give Kobe the ball and get out of his way....Thats what i gotta say about the olympics
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

wade has improved his mid-range game quite a bit since 2 summers ago.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject:

Kobe is back. Just as I predicted when it became clear that Kobe wouldn't be able to make the Olympics in Athens, we'd lose in Athens and Kobe would be asked to save the day and all would be well. Here we are, a country humbled at '04 Games in Athens, finishing with the Bronze medal. Kobe was the FIRST player chosen, was a lock to make the team before having even set down for an interview. Colangelo and Coach K are both getting THEIR guy, some 9 years later than they had both hoped.

If you remember, Kobe was Duke bound but went to the NBA. And Colangelo was VERY close to drafting Kobe that year.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject:

I'm still astounded that earlier coach K (and thus U.S.A. basketball) basically said that team U.S.A. is being structered with kobe as it's focal point. He also said that it's up to Kobe to step up and take the leadership, but that it was his time and he expects Kobe to want to do that, and that he thinks Kobe will do it very, very well.

My but how different 2 years can make in a life. 2 years ago, Kobe was responsible for everything wrong in the world. This year, Team USA is making him the main man on the Olympic team. Kobe has worked so hard that I couldn't be happier for him. That type of work ethic, dedication and committment to excellence and success, demands reward. I'm also happy for U.S.A. Basketball, because you know Kobe Bryant will do whatever they need him to do to bring the Gold back home.

I can't wait to see it and I'll be proud if Lamar makes the team, as well.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject:

Kobe to the rescure. I knew this would happen. When I saw the team they were sending to Athens, I knew they'd fail. And I knew that when they failed, Kobe would be the one sent to right all the wrongs. They know who the man/best player/best winner is.

Everyone trashed on Phil for saying in his book that Kobe was a mere "gun for hire". But the truth is, that's what Kobe is. Kobe's the US Basketball committee's "ace in the whole". It's secret weapon. They send Kobe in this year and tell him "bring back our gold" and they know that he, more than ANYONE, will find it within himself to focus on the task at hand and actually ACHIEVE.

Amazing how people had wrote Kobe off just last year as an elite player and already he's reacclaimed his role as Best Player in the Game.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject:

thegreatest wrote:
wade has improved his mid-range game quite a bit since 2 summers ago.
Well last year Wade was .389 efg% on jumpers and this year he's at .392. I guess that's improvement.

(BTW James is at .419 this year, Iverson is at .430, and Kobe is at .464)
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject:

Can anyone provide the link to where coach K and Colengelo said Team USA is mainly built around Kobe?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: