"Would You Trade Bynum For....."

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: "Would You Trade Bynum For....."

Just for note, Bynum isn't going anywhere unless it is for:

Dwight Howard (100 percent unlikely)
Kevin Garnett (Lakers might not even do that because of age factor)
Incarnation of MJ in his prime (200 percent unlikely)

No we won't trade him for Paul Gasol, Ron Artest, or crap.

Just watch this:

and this:

this too:

this:

and the latter half of this:

- Kobe Bryant
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Ask yourself, what GM would trade a franchise player of elite talent for a project center who's been inconsistent all season and has just shown flashes of talent?

Yeesh, KG showed more his first year than Bynum has.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Obviously not straight up......just saying that the Lakers won't include him in a deal unless it was at least for those kind of guys

- Kobe Bryant
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Once again, ask yourself.

Would you trade Dwight Howard for Odom and Bynum?
KG?
Amare Stoudemire?

I wouldn't.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Ask yourself, what GM would trade a franchise player of elite talent for a project center who's been inconsistent all season and has just shown flashes of talent?

I didn't know 18-year old KG was on the table (or Dwight Howard, for that matter).

Do it Mitch!!!
dyNastY-
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Indeed Mike!

Guys , really...Ask yourself the next questions and forget the P&G glasses for a minute.

Would you trade Amare,Dwight,KG,Pau,Wade,LeBron or any of the huge franchise-players for a 18-year old "POTENTIAL" in Bynum and Lamar Odom.

I for sure as hell would not.

Paul Pierce for example is way different case. Celt's are on a youth-move and might be interested in a young talent. That is totally different though...

NOT trading "potential" for a SURE thing is the most stupid thing in the world.

Thats like saying , you wouldnt trade Von Wafer for Dwyane Wade. Von is athletic as hell and has alot of potential....right?
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

:roll:

And strangely, KG also played more than Bynum.

95-96 MIN 80 43 28.7 (mins) .491 .286 .705 2.2 4.1 6.3 1.8 1.08 1.64 1.38 2.40 10.4

Note (for those who jump to conclusions):

I'm not saying Bynum is going to be KG-like.

^^ Farmar

teej
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

KG played more than Bynum for a reason. I hope i dont need to state the obvious. :roll:
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

dyNastY- wrote:
Indeed Mike!

Guys , really...Ask yourself the next questions and forget the P&G glasses for a minute.

Would you trade Amare,Dwight,KG,Pau,Wade,LeBron or any of the huge franchise-players for a 18-year old "POTENTIAL" in Bynum and Lamar Odom.

I for sure as hell would not.

Paul Pierce for example is way different case. Celt's are on a youth-move and might be interested in a young talent. That is totally different though...

NOT trading "potential" for a SURE thing is the most stupid thing in the world.

Thats like saying , you wouldnt trade Von Wafer for Dwyane Wade. Von is athletic as hell and has alot of potential....right?

Amare is not on the table. Neither is Lebron, Dwight, Wade, or Greg Freakin' Oden for that matter.

When Mitch Kupchak turns down one of those players in favor of Bynum, then people can have a cow. Until then, I wish people would stop acting as if any of those names are even remote possibilities.
Coppertop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject:

I would trade Bynum for several bigs in the league right now...All the same, thanks for the videos, those are sweet.
Intensity
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject:

those vids reminds me of the flashes that AB showed this year. I still don't understand why Phil won't give him more playing time. I thought that he would for sure be giving him a decent amount of playing time now that the trade deadline is over. Phil even said that AB would see more time. However, Bynum has barely been in. What's going on?
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject:

O.K., I've had a change of heart. Since Bynum has clearly reached his physical peak, and since his limited athleticism ensures that he will never reach the gloried heights of, say, a Tyson Chandler, I say we strike while this clown still has any trade value at all.

Obviously, no one wants our unathletic garbage. That's why GMs never call asking about Bynum's availability. But if we can't fool any of today's GMs, perhaps we can fool some from earlier eras.

Others before me have brought up the notion of time travel (sounds as realistic or sane as landing Dwight, Amare, or pining away for Greg Oden), so I am suggesting that Mitch Kupchak spend the remainder of the MLE on that DeLorean from Back to the Future. He can send Jim and Jeannie Buss back in time and offer Bynum straight up for HS-era Shaq, a bonafide, franchise-talent center if ever there was one. Now Bynum may not be a franchise talent, so consummating the Shaq-for-Bynum trade may not be easy, but perhaps we can wow them with our sophisticated technology and confuse them with our modern nutrition (think Kryspy Kreme). Again, we've got a wizard at the wheel, so anything's possible.

But since Jerry Buss has become a cheap, senile SOB (everyone knows the internet never lies), he may not be willing to part with the MLE. In which case Kupchak can still use the LLE on...say...that phone booth from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Now I'm no expert on the intricacies of time travel, but the phone booth is a step down from the DeLorean in terms of temporal precision -- kind of like aiming for Earl Watson but settling for a fragile Aaron McKie -- so we may not be able to trade for a HS-era Shaq. Jim and Jeannie might not make it to the 1980's in that phone booth. Even a trade of Bynum for a young Kevin McHale may not be possible. We may have to settle for raw, athletic potential, in the form of one of McHale's cavemen ancestors...say one of his grandfathers, for example.

If the rigors of time travel prove too difficult, however, perhaps we'll just have to be patient. Perhaps we'll have to wait until Bynum completes his first NBA campaign, his growth plates close, he finishes his second SPL, and turns 19 years old. I know that's an awful lot of waiting but I guess it's an option.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
O.K., I've had a change of heart. Since Bynum has clearly reached his physical peak, and since his limited athleticism ensures that he will never reach the gloried heights of, say, a Tyson Chandler, I say we strike while this clown still has any trade value at all.

Obviously, no one wants our unathletic garbage. That's why GMs never call asking about Bynum's availability. But if we can't fool any of today's GMs, perhaps we can fool some from earlier eras.

Others before me have brought up the notion of time travel (sounds as realistic or sane as landing Dwight, Amare, or pining away for Greg Oden), so I am suggesting that Mitch Kupchak spend the remainder of the MLE on that DeLorean from Back to the Future. He can send Jim and Jeannie Buss back in time and offer Bynum straight up for HS-era Shaq, a bonafide, franchise-talent center if ever there was one. Now Bynum may not be a franchise talent, so consummating the Shaq-for-Bynum trade may not be easy, but perhaps we can wow them with our sophisticated technology and confuse them with our modern nutrition (think Kryspy Kreme). Again, we've got a wizard at the wheel, so anything's possible.

But since Jerry Buss has become a cheap, senile SOB (everyone knows the internet never lies), he may not be willing to part with the MLE. In which case Kupchak can still use the LLE on...say...that phone booth from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Now I'm no expert on the intricacies of time travel, but the phone booth is a step down from the DeLorean in terms of temporal precision -- kind of like aiming for Earl Watson but settling for a fragile Aaron McKie -- so we may not be able to trade for a HS-era Shaq. Jim and Jeannie might not make it to the 1980's in that phone booth. Even a trade of Bynum for a young Kevin McHale may not be possible. We may have to settle for raw, athletic potential, in the form of one of McHale's cavemen ancestors...say one of his grandfathers, for example.

If the rigors of time travel prove too difficult, however, perhaps we'll just have to be patient. Perhaps we'll have to wait until Bynum completes his first NBA campaign, his growth plates close, he finishes his second SPL, and turns 19 years old. I know that's an awful lot of waiting but I guess it's an option.

The Delorean is overrated. I'd rather use the telephone booth from Bill and Ted.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject:

Tim Duncan for sure.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: