Lakers= Incredibly physically gifted + incredibly stupid.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Lakers= Incredibly physically gifted + incredibly stupid.

Ok so I was think about our roster.
And I think we have an extremely well physically gifted team, but a very dumb one when it comes to Bball IQ. But a lot of that can be accounted due to us having the youngest rotation of players in the league.

Kwame Brown; This guy is just flat out one of the best physically gifted guys I have seen. For a guy who is 7/6-11 260lbs he is very quick, and fast, plus he has pretty good hops when he puts out some effort. Plus he's strong.

Kobe Bryant; god among men on the court.

Andrew Bynum; This kid is already huge, and has quick feet work with long freakin arms. He IS going to get taller and stronger as he gets older.

Brian Cook; Nothing to special when it comes to his body. But if you havn't noticed he has gotten leaner and stronger. But the boy can shoot. A shooting big is rare, and if he can continue to bulk up he may actually defend someone.

Devean George Dime a dozen SF, who has a lot of endurance.

Chris Mihm Above avg. agility and stregth. I know he looks like a rail, but he's 260+.

Lamar Odom Ok this guy is a very rare physical specimen. For a 6/11 guy, he is very fast, very quick. Has great footwork, long arms, can shoot from outside, can score inside, and he can handle and pass the rock. Thats very rare from a big.

Smush Parker Typical pg body, but he does have long arms, and he has a very quick first step. Great hops, and is fast. (would of like to seen him compete in the slamdunk contest.)

Ronny Turiaf A hustleing Big who will be built like Karl Malone, when he get back in to shape next year. Plus have you seen this guys dance moves on the sidline??????

Sasha Vujacic Just a tall pg, avg quickness. And flame me all you want, but I think this kid when he gets to an adult basketball age is going to be really good. Not an allstar, but really good.

Luke Walton punt.

Ok that's my quick rundown of the team. I think we are really well gifted in the physical aspect of the game. Better than most teams. I just think we are stupid. But that's mainly do to us having the youngest rotation, and learning the hardest offense , while learning how to play team defense in the 2nd largest, and 2nd most stressful stage in the league.

Anyone agree or disagree on us being one of the better physically gifted teams out there?
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:

:roll:
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject:

They're not that physically gifted. Mihm and Odom are tall but they're physically whimps. Kwame has the body of a God, but a pee brain
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Agree with everything said except comparing Turiaf to Malone. If anyone has the body Malone has it's Kwame. Turiaf is more like a leaner version of Brian Grant.

And in athletics as well as in the classroom, sometimes stupidity can be confused with lack of effort, an important distinction.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
Agree with everything said except comparing Turiaf to Malone. If anyone has the body Malone has it's Kwame. Turiaf is more like a leaner version of Brian Grant.

And in athletics as well as in the classroom, sometimes stupidity can be confused with lack of effort, an important distinction.

Very, very well said, but sometimes it can be difficult to determine which is the actual culprit.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Sidious wrote:
They're not that physically gifted. Mihm and Odom are tall but they're physically whimps. Kwame has the body of a God, but a pee brain

pee brain, ha thats harsh but crackhead me up
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:

Interesting, just made this same point to my brother-in-law earlier this evening..

A young, athletic team with poor decision making and seemingly low b-ball IQ. Some of that may be attributable to youth and relative inexperience, some perhaps to the learning curve associated with the triangle. But then, guys like Lamar, Kwame, and Smush have never exactly been described as intelligent players.
33MDE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject:

The title of this thread is right on. If management and the fans can hold on until this team can get some smarts then we may have something here. More that likely smarts will have to be added and some of the numb parts removed from the mix. Needed a good laugh.
Hatori Hanzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
Interesting, just made this same point to my brother-in-law earlier this evening..

A young, athletic team with poor decision making and seemingly low b-ball IQ. Some of that may be attributable to youth and relative inexperience, some perhaps to the learning curve associated with the triangle. But then, guys like Lamar, Kwame, and Smush have never exactly been described as intelligent players.
Wrong on kwame there. Coming into the league the rave was on how freaking intelligent the guy is. Very high I.Q, pity it's not the same as ball-I.Q
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject:

33MDE wrote:
The title of this thread is right on. If management and the fans can hold on until this team can get some smarts then we may have something here. More that likely smarts will have to be added and some of the numb parts removed from the mix. Needed a good laugh.

Thanks, I agree as well.

After I went to bed last night I thought about what I wrote, and I didn't mean for it to come out that I thought we had superman at every position. But as a team we are really physically gifted.
No one on this team is slow, or uncoordinated for their position. As a whole, we can play small ball, tall ball, we can play for speed, we can post up, we have physical skills to defend, its just that we don't have the brains "yet" to put it all together consistently.

Most teams have guys who are breaking down, who are weak, or slow, or maybe have lost a step or two. We really don't have that. Most of our guys haven't even reached puberty/adult bodies yet.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject:

don't forget to add, incredibly fairweather fans.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:

Stupidity in the classroom can also be confused with a learning disorder.

Maybe the guys just need some Ridalin!
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject:

i totally agree with this.

i have been saying that the trio of smush, lamar and kwame have got to rival all other trio's in the history of the nba for the coveted title of "dumbest trio of starters on an nba team"

this is why we blow so many close games. we make mental mistakes down the stretch all the time. smart, savvy veterans help close out the tight ones.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: