What now...Laker fans with NO faith!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dadliboi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
dadliboi wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
dadliboi wrote:

When are some people going to understand that (youth, learning the triangle and inexperience) DO NOT give this team the right to choose when they want to give FULL effort on the court?? It does not give them the right to laugh when they lose a game as if it doesn't matter. NOTHING excuses this kind of behavior. I do not care how young and inexperienced they are. I want to see full effort and focus on the court for 48 minutes from all players in EVERY game. This is not the same as wanting a "Title Contender". Why can't some of you understand this? You look at those of us who would dare question the effort of our team, and accuse us of failing to support our team. That is just ridiculous, but I guess some people simply won't see eye to eye. Ok, I've vented enough.

I want my postman to deliver my mail everyday at the same time. Doesn't happen. I want potholes fixed on my street in less than a months time. Doesn't happen. I want new roads and transit built before traffic becomes a nightmare. Doesn't happen. I'd love for a young and inexpeienced team to bring the same effort game in and game out but in over 30 years of watching team sports (all sports) I've just about NEVER seen it.

Point is, there are a lot of things which would mak the world a perfect place. I then have to make a decision when I see imperfection. Do I sulk and call names like people in junior high, of do I exercise a little adult patience and expect things to occur in the very same manner in which they historically have? Some here choose the former. I choose the latter. That leaves me in the position of being able to be happy when this team EXCEEDS what most others before them have in the same type of situation. Playing .500 ball and being a playoff team every day of the seasn since wek one is something that has almost NEVER happened. Getting down on a young/inexperienced team for that fact is simply pure unrealistic hate and that's where the problem is.

You make very good points. However, how do feel when you hear that certain players on this team laugh after a loss? How do you feel when you hear certain players just don't seem to care when the team loses a game they should have won? I'm sorry, but my mindset does not allow me to accept this. Giving 100% in everything you do, and acting like you give a damn when you screw up, are both things that I expect from this team at all times.The results may not always be to our liking, but at least we know the effort was there. I personally find it unbelievable that some people can accept such carefree behavior. I guess it has to do with standards and mindsets. Everyone is different I guess.

Hey, I share a DESIRE for that mindset from everyone, but I've been around long enough not to EXPECT it. Expecting it is the surest way to be let down, no matter what part of life we're speaking of. Some people are naturally driven. Some people can be driven with a little push. And some people will never be driven no matter how hard they are pushed. It's pretty simple, as humans we all desire different things at different levels. I'm an avid golfer and am pretty intense out on the course. I often play with people who are more skilled than me but aren't nearly as driven. What it creates is an interesting round of golf. I'm able to play competitively with people I really shouldn't be on the course with. But I don't get upset with them because they don't have the same drive and passion as I have. One of them in particular is extremely passionate about gardening and plants. I could care less about that, but I see him with the same type of passion when he's speaking of gardening that I have when I'm speaking about golf, yet he chooses to makes a living as a golfer. My guess it's because his earning potential is so much higher with golf.

So some of the Lakers are extremely driven, some are marginally driven and can be pushed, and they're are probably some who will never be driven no matter how hard they are pushed. I too would like to rid the team of those players once that determination has been made. I'd be willing to give up on a player and put him in that category about Christmas of next year or so. If he's not bringing consistent effort by that point then I'd surmise he never will.

So I suspect we actually agree on more than you'd imagine we might. Our biggest difference probably lies in patience levels. I respect your opinions and definitely appreciate your passion! That's a good thing in my book!

Points noted and accepted Aussie. I hear ya.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:

It was a great win. Fantastic. A pleasure to watch.

However, I have seen it before. I have seen this team put together a string of good games one month and then completely unravel the next.

Odom did what we all know he can do but doesn't do every night. Kwame did what we all know he can do but doesn't do every night. Same goes for everyone else. There was effort and communication on both ends of the floor.

Yes, the team is still learning the offense and is still learning how to play with one another, but last night was a result of them doing things that are required in basketball at any level from elementary school to the NBA. Until I see them do those things for more than a couple of games in a row, I will chalk it up to being just one of those nights where everything clicked against a road weary team.

It's hardly worth gloating over. It's a start, but that's all it is. The only thing this team has proven on a consistent basis is that statement games like that do not mean better times are ahead.
awsmori
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject:

this is the same crap i always read here with the haters. The haters love to hate when the Lakers loose, but when they get called out when the Lakers win they say stuff like the lakers are not that weak, blah blah blah......It is not about that, its about being a real fan. And not just riding the wagon!
Bill Walton: Boris Diaw is the Shakesperean era of Romanticism
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
i aplogozie fellow laker brother :rock:, but its the dogs days of the nba season for us, we ,were lower than atlanta hawks low.

And where did you come up with comparing us to Atlanta? Frankly, I don't see it, what I see is exactly what this guy is saying about some alleged fans, who for some reason, want to jump ship because we are not the team we were during the championship years. I actually picked the Lakers in ESPN's fantasy game Hardcourt.

Yes we may be up and down, but I truly believe this team can excel and will. Maybe not with all of the same players, but with most. Look for another move this summer as Boozer's agent will make another push for his guy to play for the Lakers.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject:

personally thought the 4-1 road trip was more impressive.

however, i was very pleased with the fact that people tried to play the roles they needed to play last night. kwame never loafed on defense and picked his spots more judiciously on offense. smush tried to use the fact that they were spying kobe. mihm stepped it up when both kobe and lamar were out with foul trouble, and lamar played like he wanted to be the player of the game.

speaking of which, lamar better be shooting a kobe like amount of jumpers this summer. between that and improving the range of his jump hook, i think he will find far more consistency in his offensive game.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Hate to be a pessimist, but this is this team's M.O. They come out and play fantastic and then the next two games, it's as if it were a different set of players.

Either way, it's definitley a big win and will hopefully boost their egos to start playing hard throughout the rest of the season and salvage it.

I'm very happy they got the win, period. Even better feeling knowing that it was Detroit. Hopefully, when the playoffs come around, we'll be seeing more and more Laker basketball like we did tonight.

No, no, now wait a minute this is only the second time this season that the Lakers have won on the back end, of a back to back. That says something has rattled loose. Also beating even a tired or bored Detroit team speaks huge volumes. The Lakers also did not find a way to choke down the stretch which means they are learning. If they beat San Antonio there confidence may be enough to propel them to not look back. This win definitely means something...

I sure hope you're right, Shoes. I want to have faith that this team has shaken off the cobwebs and finally seen the light. I really do. I guess I just selfishly don't want to get hype that they've turned over a new leaf, only to be disappointed again and see the same bad habits come back to haunt them.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject:

after that 6-1 road trip didnt we follow that up with 5 L's in a row? Didnt we have one of these boost games against the heat? They need to forget about it. So should we. If we beat the Spurs but lose the next 2of 3, we accomplished nada
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject:

That was then... This is now... They've added some more knowledge since then, and damnit I can feel a hunger in the kids that may last...
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

lakers_less_340+ wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
i aplogozie fellow laker brother , but its the dogs days of the nba season for us, we ,were lower than atlanta hawks low.

And where did you come up with comparing us to Atlanta? Frankly, I don't see it, what I see is exactly what this guy is saying about some alleged fans, who for some reason, want to jump ship because we are not the team we were during the championship years. I actually picked the Lakers in ESPN's fantasy game Hardcourt.

Yes we may be up and down, but I truly believe this team can excel and will. Maybe not with all of the same players, but with most. Look for another move this summer as Boozer's agent will make another push for his guy to play for the Lakers.

Well when u lose too the portland trailblazer's twice , it is not a good thing, and how about u STFU. And i dont care , i said it, their, but i assume your purpose in posting a bashin thread about me , was too prove something?
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
lakers_less_340+ wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
i aplogozie fellow laker brother :rock:, but its the dogs days of the nba season for us, we ,were lower than atlanta hawks low.

You are always going to have certain teams who for whatever reason have your number. I expect Portland's play against us only to be a temporary thing as we will figure things out and I believe JJ will help out emensely, sort of like the Harper or Shaw type player he fits this mold. We will all be full of joy in the end!
Well when u lose too the portland trailblazer's twice , it is not a good thing, and how about u STFU. And i dont care , i said it, their, but i assume your purpose in posting a bashin thread about me , was too prove something?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: