Wow, Ronnie Nunn says Kobe's "foul" on PP shouldn't have been called...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Wow, Ronnie Nunn says Kobe's "foul" on PP shouldn't have been called...

Kobe2Lamar wrote:
I guess this was aired earlier this week but it was just on NBA TV's "you make the call". He even praised Kobe's recovery for the block. What a terrible way to lose a game

Gotta love hindsight; so can we switch that L to a W? Thanks jerks! (refs)

That reminds me of the flagrant foul in the first Laker game against Yao, that sealed the game for them and was later taken away.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject:

One thing I learned watching the Lakers win the first title of their "threepeat" was that a championship team is one that manages to win despite the officiating. And any team that depends on good officiating to win games is in big trouble.

That being said, I also know that not nearly as many people watch or attend games today as they did 20 years ago, and one of the primary things that has turned people off is the poor officiating.

I hate it when the Lakers win because of bad calls that go our way, and I hate it when the Lakers lose because of bad call that don't go our way. I hate bad calls. And if that makes me a "loser" in your eyes, so be it. I think pretending that NBA games are well-officiated and there's no reason to complain makes you a loser.

And if you can't see the difference between complaining about individual bad calls and creating some sort of giant conspiracy theory the way Kings fans have done, I'm sorry for you.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
Yeah, but the Lakers deserved to lose for not putting the clamps on that sorry excuse for a team. I hate to say it but they deserved to lose.

LA4Life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject:

LakeLakeLake wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LA4Life wrote:
Runway8 you call yourself a Lakers fan? Anyone who knows basketball knows the Pistons didn't win crap in 2004, it was handed to them with a pretty bow on top.

No...they outplayed us...

Sorry to offend but all homerism aside, we didn't do CRAP to take the title...

If homerism means not turning a blind eye to an obvious fix by the refs then sign me up for it as well. The refs and the NBA gift wrapped that championship for the Pistons.

Oh yeah, the refs were the only reason Kobe was 19-59 and Payton was 7-21 from the field the last three games combined. And the refs were also the only reason Shaq wasn't dominant and was shooting a pathetic 10-29 from the line (ouch!) for the last three games combined...

And we should not forget that it was a ref who injured Malone (you couldn't see it on tv cause there's a conspiracy going on).

Yes it was precisely the refs, the kind of ticky-tack nonesense calls they kept calling on the Lakers totally threw them off their game. You try to get into an offensive rhythm when the whistle is blowing every other posession. How come they didn't call the first 3 rounds of the playoffs like that? My point exactly.

Also for the person who asked what the league had to gain from a "glamorless" team like the pistons winning against the Lakers, it's called equality in the league and sagging ratings. They showed that the underdog has a damn good chance of winning in the NBA and it's not always the favorite (West Conf.) teams that come out on top.

One good thing came out of this thread, we know who the fake fans are defending the pistons' meaningless championship.
AreaZeroOne
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:

One simple fact everyone here is overlooking is that those same Pistons who "beat" us in 04 couldn't do it back to back. Yes , the officiating was HORRIBLE (Honestly , go back and watch it!) , but injuries and such cost us that series. I still tell any Piston fan they're "team" couldn't go back to back , seeing as how much praise they got for their "teamwork" the year after , and still today.

And that guy who at random came in here and called LO and Smush boneheads , well , you suck
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:

That was me. That was a reference to the equal opportunity hate for Kobe making a boneheaded play thread. But those guys are boneheads! I'm not taking that back! I want smart players! Great game by Lamar last night!

Btw, just to let you know, the Pistons were leading the Spurs going into the 4th quarter of game 7 last year. They were that close to repeating. It's not like they missed the playoffs or something. Winning titles back to back is not an easy task, so don't make it sound like it is! The Spurs haven't done it yet!
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Coca James wrote:
Wouldnt it be great if we got video footage of that play with Phils reaction to the call afterward

Hey Coca, did you really say whats in your sig to Jeanie??
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:

LA4Life wrote:
LakeLakeLake wrote:
Zhengi wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LA4Life wrote:
Runway8 you call yourself a Lakers fan? Anyone who knows basketball knows the Pistons didn't win crap in 2004, it was handed to them with a pretty bow on top.

No...they outplayed us...

Sorry to offend but all homerism aside, we didn't do CRAP to take the title...

If homerism means not turning a blind eye to an obvious fix by the refs then sign me up for it as well. The refs and the NBA gift wrapped that championship for the Pistons.

Oh yeah, the refs were the only reason Kobe was 19-59 and Payton was 7-21 from the field the last three games combined. And the refs were also the only reason Shaq wasn't dominant and was shooting a pathetic 10-29 from the line (ouch!) for the last three games combined...

And we should not forget that it was a ref who injured Malone (you couldn't see it on tv cause there's a conspiracy going on).

Yes it was precisely the refs, the kind of ticky-tack nonesense calls they kept calling on the Lakers totally threw them off their game. You try to get into an offensive rhythm when the whistle is blowing every other posession. How come they didn't call the first 3 rounds of the playoffs like that? My point exactly.

Also for the person who asked what the league had to gain from a "glamorless" team like the pistons winning against the Lakers, it's called equality in the league and sagging ratings. They showed that the underdog has a damn good chance of winning in the NBA and it's not always the favorite (West Conf.) teams that come out on top.

One good thing came out of this thread, we know who the fake fans are defending the pistons' meaningless championship.

Yes, anyone who defends the Pistons' "meaningless championship" must be a fake fan. I'm sure that "fake" fans go to the Message Boards of their hovering-around-.500-teams everyday to check if there is the slightest rumor or sign of improvement, see/record every game, and cling to the hope that someday soon they will be able to recapture their erstwhile glory, right? This is the wrong place to question anyone's loyalty. Give me a break. :roll:

We LOST. Period. I'm sure you were all over the Queens fans (Conference Finals) for doing the exact same thing that you're doing now.
The Kings LOST. We beat them, and all of the pissing and moaning that their fans did was and is absolutely ridiculous. You're doing the exact same thing. They were the better team that year, get over it. We had a great run, but that year, we were beaten fair and square.

Also.....if Stern had some vast conspiracy going on to increase ratings, don't you think the games would have been a little more competitive than they were? And how did the dismantling of their glamour franchise work out for them when they had San Antonio and Detroit in the Finals last year? Have you seen those ratings? The idea of the Lakers getting eliminated to help ratings is laughable at best.
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
The Mike wrote:
I guess this means we're even, as earlier in the year when we were at Utah Kobe pulled on over on the officials to get a foul called sending him to the line which sent the game to over time.

What are you? Some bitter Utah fan? Just because one call is missed (which it wasn't-Kobe was undercut) doesn't mean another one should be ignored. The ref (on the show) spoke in favor of Kobe, and that is that. Deal with it!

Why do I have to be bitter, I love the Lakers as much as anyone here, which is something I'm not going to sit here and justify.

That same show they have on NBA TV's "you make the call". That gave credit last week saying it shouldn't have been called a foul on Kobe. Reviewed the Utah game, way back when, and said that shouldn't have been called a foul on the play that sent Kobe to the line for the game tieing FTs. That is the reason behide me saying it is now even.

When you come out insulting people you only make yourself look dumb.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry
raffi
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Coca James wrote:
Wouldnt it be great if we got video footage of that play with Phils reaction to the call afterward

You mean where Phil is "agape."
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:

CorkyTomjanovich wrote:
minervafilms wrote:
LA4Life wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong. The refs did absolutely nothing to affect that series. The Pistons dismantled the Lakers fair and square. You're in a minority of one to think anything else.

Good joke.

Yea sorry too but they were flat out better. One play showed all that series was about, game 5 , were on our heels , we got a stop and shaq was flat out , outhuslted too a simple rebound on the base line. They were a step quicker in every game, it was like what we were against every team in the other 3 finals, it was actually quiet painfull too watch... We only had control for about 7 minutes of that entire series...thanks for bring up bad memmories
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: