GameFlow - Mar. 4 - EFFORT

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: GameFlow - Mar. 4 - EFFORT

Detroit 94 LA Lakers 105

GameFlow
BoxScore

After a surviving an early run in the first quarter and comming out of it with a lead, I said I didn't care if the Lakers won this game as long as they continued to give that effort. Well they gave the effort, and got the win.

Kobe Bryant scored 15 in period 1, and Lamar Odom also started the game off hot with 9 and 5 assists. The Lakers lead 32-29 going into the 2nd. That's when the Pistons stated a slow separation with three quick runs, and lead by 7 at the half. Chris Mihm scored 8 with 3 rebounds and 2 blocks to keep the Lakers in it.

The 3rd quarter saw Detroit extend their lead to 13, and the game looked like it was slipping away. It was time for the Lakers to summon up some extra effort. At 3:06 of the 3rd, the Lakers started a 18-0 run that lasted until 9:26 of the 4th. They turned the tables on the best defensive team in the league and shut them down, while using turnovers and fast breaks to score. And they did this mostly with Kobe on the bench.

But they can't win very often without Kobe, and certainly not agains the Pistons. He returned with the lead at 8, and scored 12 more to protect the lead. He finished with a game-high 40 points with 5 rebounds and 4 assists. Lamar Odom, active on offense and defense throughout the game, had 24 points, 5 rebounds, and 10 assists. And Chris Mihm totalled 12 and 6, while once again dealing with foul trouble.

Off the bench, Devean George made some key plays during the big run and finished with 8 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals; most of that comming in the 4th quarter. And Kwame Brown filled in very nicely during Mihm's foul trouble, concentrating on the glass and defense, and had 12 big rebounds.

For any team, it is impressive to score 105 points on 50.6% shooting against Detroit. It is also very impressive to out-rebound them 44 to 30.

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

There were just so many good things about this game.

And I know Lakers fans won't care about this, but some Jordan/Bulls fans might. The Lakers win tonight made it impossible for the Pistons to match the Bulls best-all-time regular season record.
kobeism
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
There were just so many good things about this game.

And I know Lakers fans won't care about this, but some Jordan/Bulls fans might. The Lakers win tonight made it impossible for the Pistons to match the Bulls best-all-time regular season record.

yup yup yup! i agree!! well we won! and im happy as hell!!

by the way, what part of Burbank u from Exick?
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:

we outrebounded them by that much? never noticed
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject:

What!? Lakers won? I was watching a movie at the theaters and missed the whole game lol
What a surprise, I was shocked when I heard this on the radio.
I'm not really sure what happened to the Pistons.
But I think it's either the Laker's effort that pulled this win or it's probably because the Pistons underestimated the Lakers.
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject:

I mean seriously great Laker performance. Just hard to understand that how we could lose to the Portland Trail Blazers and we could domilish the Detroit Pistons????Just doesn't make any sense to me. Well this win over the best team in the NBA should wake them up that if they could beat the best they could beat anybody.
LakerJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject:

KingKobeDubbz wrote:
I mean seriously great Laker performance. Just hard to understand that how we could lose to the Portland Trail Blazers and we could domilish the Detroit Pistons????Just doesn't make any sense to me. Well this win over the best team in the NBA should wake them up that if they could beat the best they could beat anybody.

Just like we went into the Trailblazer game thinking we were better we ended up being out hustled. Well Detroit came in here overconfident and we outhustled them. It happens time and time again. We always step it up against the better teams and play lousy against the lousy teams. If only we brought the intensity night in and night out, sigh. GREAT WIN!

I can't believe I missed it.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject:

I didn't like how in the 4th no one gave the ball to Lamar when Hamilton was on him.

I know Kobe is the man, but match up exploitation is very important. At the time Kobe wasn't hot yet, but it is Kobe.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

kobeism wrote:
by the way, what part of Burbank u from Exick?

The good part.

psydesho wrote:
I didn't like how in the 4th no one gave the ball to Lamar when Hamilton was on him.

There were earlier parts of the game where that was happening as well and it irritated me. Once they started going to him and exploiting that, things got better. You can't tell a guy he needs to be more aggressive (which we and the Lakers coaching staff have all season) and then freeze him out when he's posting up a much smaller defender and asking for the ball.
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Great game . Great day. Kobe Bryant with 40 points. Lamar with 23 and 10 dimes. Smush with the in ya face jam. Defeated the NBA's best team . Making sure the Detroit Pistons do not break the Bulls all time regular season record . (48-11) What more could you ask for??hah hah
he_is_the_one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

KingKobeDubbz wrote:
Lamar with 23 and 10 dimes.

If Lamar can keep that consistant most games, Lakers have a shot for possible 6th in the playoff position. Does anyone else think this or is it just me?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject:

I agree. But unfortunetley we have to live with Lamar's slump days also. Wishful thinking is all we could do for now my friend.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: